Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

A walking clock

Why does Todd Howard want to port Skyrim to literally everything?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Because it's good, and I assume the more one learns about it's history, the better it becomes.

Forgot to talk about this but yeah, this is true. After i played Xenogears and learned about it's development troubles (game almost never got localized because the localizers were actually having trouble finding a way to make sure the super obvious religious references didn't offend anyone), my appreciation for the series increased by infinity because literally every game in the series makes callbacks to Xenogears.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Because he wants to have the first game that's ported to a TI82 calculator or a Nokia phone...good luck to him on that!

Why do the Flintstones have dinosaurs, when in reality the first human was millions of years after the last dinosaur?

Because the era of Dinosaur and the era of Cavemen isn't that different aside from the fact that mankind first emerged during the Ice Age while the Dinosaur era was more hot than cold.

Why do they make us go to school for 12 years, then four more years, and then not give us any jobs?

Because we need it (some of it at least) to function well in this crazy mixed up world of ours. Theoretically we should be able to get ourselves jobs by then. Oh, also the shit-ton of money they get from student loans, and the default of those loans.

Why is there always not enough raisin, and too much bran?

Because some people hate raisins. But I don't.

Why does my cat all of a sudden wake me up in the middle of the night by knocking the lamp over on the nightstand? But I love the little fuzzball and I don't know what I'd do without him?

Glass Joe. A determinator at its finest.

Why do some people complain about ads and micro-transactions when it helps keep some games and websites free?

Because remember, they will never be satisfied.

Why is there a breed of fanfic writers who are dedicated to making literally everyone betray Percy Jackson and in the process somehow turn him OP as heck? Frankly, I'm sick and tired of their crap.

A very useful means of transport through the air(badum tshh)

what are you gonna do? Stab me?

goddam ninja

they are a fruit because they have seeds

how do I put a line through text?

Edited by Pengaius
Ninja

No. *Grab's Pokéball* I'm gonna catch you. *Completely misses because I've never played Pokémon before*

(I was going to say that I would beat you to death with my bare hands, but you've never wronged me, I've never been in a fight before, and that's an excessive joke for an otherwise (mostly) lighthearted topic).

19 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Why are tomatoes fruits?

It's the way the seeds are produced. That, and it's a social experiment to see why humans believe something is a fruit or a vegetable.

Why are they taking the hobbits to Isengard?

It's the one element of realism they decided to keep. Not every cave, temple, or dungeon comes with an easy-to-find blueprint or map on hand.

How did my plan to write a simple paragraph on why I enjoyed a game and would recommended it to someone turn into a full-scale review?

It's a multi-generation spanning tale that includes many things like: Punching ghosts, a main villain that takes over one of the JoJo's bodies and completely fucks up the Joestar bloodline, random poses, and so much more!

Do you believe in gravity?

Yes. it's what keeps us from floating off into space. It's also what kills us.

How many loaves of bread have you eaten in your life? (this is a reference)

Mwaahahahha. You thought it was Profimpossible, but i was I! Dio Brando! (Yeah, I know. I already referenced it. [granted based off a worse translation])

Explain how "Weather Report" works to me.

If some form of weather happened in history, Weather Report can replicate it. Or, in other words, it controls the weather.

How in the Nine Hells and Twenty-Five Heavens does "King Crimson" work?

Oh, oops. I meant Heavy Weather.

It seems more confusing than it is.

Short answer: Araki: Should I explain this highly confusing stand to my readers? Screw it, I'm Hirohiko frickin' Araki!

Long answer:

Spoiler

King Crimson's main ability is basically figurative time erasure. Once it is activated, for the next period of time up to ten seconds everything proceeds as normal. But once that time is up, everyone except for Diavolo/Doppio(I won't even try to explain those two/one) has no memory of what happened during that time period. You can also think about it like this: King Crimson gets the effect without seeing the cause. It's very confusingly explained and illustrated in the the manga though. King Crimson also has the sub-stand Epitaph, which can predict 10 seconds into the future. What he predicts doesn't happen only if someone knows about his power and makes last minute changes to their plan. http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/King_Crimson this explains it pretty well.

I just came up with a new joke song, would you like to hear it?

Edited by ProfImpossible