Characters in the Wrong Class

Etzel the Berserker, anyone?  No?

Oh, alright, I'll try to be serious.

- FE11!Darros' growths scream Knight, even if that 0% personal speed growth bites.
- Ellerean and Etzel both have Defense as their highest non-HP growth in FE12.  And they're both in magical classes.
- FE12 Jake is a Falcoknight at heart.  So is Cain.
- If Grandmaster existed in FE12, Cecille would be one.
- FE12 Arran is 10% better than a generic unit.

4 hours ago, CyberController said:

Iago. Why does this asshole have staves when he's a sorcerer? Is he secretly a onmyoji in disguise?

He does some how have the Hagakure blade in his possession in Birthright...so maybe he is a Hoshido spy.

5 hours ago, CyberController said:

Iago. Why does this asshole have staves when he's a sorcerer? Is he secretly a onmyoji in disguise?

1. Sorcerers in the Archanea remakes could use staves

2. He uses cowardly and underhanded tactics - and harassing the player with status inflicting staves while Hans, a regiment of soldiers, and monsters do the fighting for him is as cowardly and underhanded as it gets

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

1. Sorcerers in the Archanea remakes could use staves

2. He uses cowardly and underhanded tactics - and harassing the player with status inflicting staves while Hans, a regiment of soldiers, and monsters do the fighting for him is as cowardly and underhanded as it gets

They can't in Fates though. Iago is hacking the game, giving him illegal weapon ranks and skills too broken even for DLC.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

They can't in Fates though. Iago is hacking the game, giving him illegal weapon ranks and skills too broken even for DLC.

That does tie into my other point, though - that he doesn't play fair.

Wolf and Sedgar are best known for their FE 11 growths being ideal as a general.

What might be less known is the fact that, after looking at Matthis' growths I'm convinced they made a mistake not making him a knight instead. He mightn't have got benched then. (At least in FE 11 before everyone got improvements in FE 12)

Edited by Mad-manakete

On 4/8/2018 at 3:43 AM, Jotari said:

He does some how have the Hagakure blade in his possession in Birthright...so maybe he is a Hoshido spy.

I had this dumb idea.

Corrin: "We've finally defeated you, Iago! Wait, is that a mask?" Removes the mask.

Kaze: "Is that you, Orochi?"

Orochi: "Okay, I admit it. I started the war. And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids and your dog!"

Keaton: "Hey, watch it!"

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CyberController said:

Lekain is a saint. Which is kinda funny, given everything he does.

Riev is a Bishop, too. And several bosses also are bishops. Bishop does not assume one is automatically a good person, in fact it's usually the opposite.

The Dawn Brigade in Radiant Dawn are mostly pretty weird. Nolan wants to be an oddly tanky Myrmidon, Illyana, as previously mentioned, wants to be a physical mage, Edward would actually make a good fighter, and of course Meg the Pegasus knight without a pegasus. Aaron is also rather slow for a soldier and Laura really wants to be a speedy mage (which is rare in RD anyway

5 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Riev is a Bishop, too. And several bosses also are bishops. Bishop does not assume one is automatically a good person, in fact it's usually the opposite.

Yeah. In fact, evil bishops is something that's been going on since the NES days (Gharnef was originally a bishop before the remakes came along).

32 minutes ago, Griffinlwgameplayer said:

The Dawn Brigade in Radiant Dawn are mostly pretty weird. Nolan wants to be an oddly tanky Myrmidon. 

Nolan is a Jugdral Fighter, it helps that Tellius Fighters are faster then normal.

32 minutes ago, Griffinlwgameplayer said:

Aaron is also rather slow for a soldier

I guess Aran missed the memo that Soldiers and Knights were now a separate class line? It is interesting how he is more of a tank then Meg.

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I guess Aran missed the memo that Soldiers and Knights were now a separate class line? It is interesting how he is more of a tank then Meg.

He's definitely on the tougher but slower side of the other two soldier options in the game. By a pretty wide margin actually

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Nolan is a Jugdral Fighter, it helps that Tellius Fighters are faster then normal.

It actually makes a lot of sense for Pirates, Barbarians, and Fighters to be pretty fast, since they have little to weigh them down other than their axes. Boyd and Nolan, in particular, are crazy fast (although I think Boyd is a little slower in the second Tellius game he's still fast)

45 minutes ago, Griffinlwgameplayer said:

He's definitely on the tougher but slower side of the other two soldier options in the game. By a pretty wide margin actually

It actually makes a lot of sense for Pirates, Barbarians, and Fighters to be pretty fast, since they have little to weigh them down other than their axes. Boyd and Nolan, in particular, are crazy fast (although I think Boyd is a little slower in the second Tellius game he's still fast)

Aran was built like a tank, for sure.

45 minutes ago, Griffinlwgameplayer said:

Brigands/Pirates are generally fast after FE5, yeah.

82-capture_098_28112012_143124.jpg

Interestingly in FE5 as well as the Tearring Saga series, Fighters act like Axe Myrmidons. Tellius Fighters are still my favorite though.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Kellam the unnoticeable Armored Knight

Orochi the slow and high skilled Onmyoji

Hinata the slow Samurai

Setsuna the unskilled Archer

Subaki the wanna-be knight Pegasus Rider

Mozu the Great Lord