We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

1 minute ago, SullyMcGully said:

This is Arc. I know him/her/they/it better than most anyone else in the game, and I can easily see them saying what they did as town. They don't take the game as seriously as most of us do, and they're mostly here to meme anyway. The only difference is that they are the meme. And I'm only being half-joking with that.

Really not feeling an Arcanite lynch. I'm also really not liking the way Walrein is pushing Arc on really poor reasons. Arc's actual play isn't scummy at all, LOL. I mean, yeah, it would be coming from someone else, but I'm pretty sure that regardless of whether Arc was town or scum, they'd be acting the same way. If they were taking this game seriously: that would be scummy.

Walrein, get another read. This one isn't convincing at all. It's just making you look worse.

i have absolutely no prior meta on arc. if this is their town meta, i had no way of knowing that

i fail to see how this knowledge gap makes me look bad

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Refa said:

Not particularly, but I think Arcanite's next post will help a lot in that regard (assuming it is a reads post lol).  Look, it's generally agreed on at this point that POE is LG/Arcanite/Killthestory/Snike/Walrein (maybe Makaze but I've seen barely any suspicion there).

Y'know, I keep seeing Kill pop up in people's POE. I had him in mine too, but I can't say I'm feeling a lynch there just yet. Kirsche was swaggin on multiple wolves at various points, and though he moved his vote from Junko here and there, he kept landing back on him. There was, IMO, a lot of weak play from village D1 (possible trip V wagons lel), and I can't help but think he'd be having a field day as wolf. And he networked Walrein which is a reasonable play from village, but a bad one as wolf. One could say he'd do it for cred, but I think he could've networked someone else and gotten away with it easily. That, and I loved Kill's entrance, though I seem to be in the minority there. If he's pocketing me though, I'll dunk on him sooner or later.

How does Kirsche tend to treat his partners anyway?

56 minutes ago, Makaze said:

@Alette i see you reading, can you expand on why Snike can't be town? "He could be faking" = "he has to be faking"? That's a terrible reasoning. By that logic, you could have killed JB for towncred. So, there's no way that you aren't Mafia doing that.

How is that terrible logic? It's something that can happen and I already stated that his partner is basically no show sometimes and that feels like a frozen wolf.  Idc if you think it is terrible btw.

1 minute ago, Alette said:

How is that terrible logic? It's something that can happen and I already stated that his partner is basically no show sometimes and that feels like a frozen wolf.  Idc if you think it is terrible btw.

i asked you what would you think in  a world where he isn't mafia

you responded with something that even come close to answering that

so

ill be more direct

if snike isn't mafia, who would be your second choice?

Just now, Omega. said:

Y'know, I keep seeing Kill pop up in people's POE. I had him in mine too, but I can't say I'm feeling a lynch there just yet. Kirsche was swaggin on multiple wolves at various points, and though he moved his vote from Junko here and there, he kept landing back on him. There was, IMO, a lot of weak play from village D1 (possible trip V wagons lel), and I can't help but think he'd be having a field day as wolf. And he networked Walrein which is a reasonable play from village, but a bad one as wolf. One could say he'd do it for cred, but I think he could've networked someone else and gotten away with it easily. That, and I loved Kill's entrance, though I seem to be in the minority there. If he's pocketing me though, I'll dunk on him sooner or later.

How does Kirsche tend to treat his partners anyway?

My problem is less Kill and more that him/LG/Walrein are probably my weaker townreads.  Today, I don't see myself going for anyone who isn't Arcanite/Snike.  I don't think his Junk vote is as telling considering Kirsche tunneled his scumbuddy for two days straight (although this was on D3/D4ish, so maybe not as telling?  I don't know why Junk would immediately enter the thread and vote his scumbuddy) in one of his previous games.  Fable/Walrein have both been good protown choices, so no objections there.  I don't remember having any issues with Kill's entrance, kind of confused by people saying it was obviously scummy lmao.

Kirsche is a busser.  I wouldn't say Junko is though, so the interactions on that end would be more telling IMO.

Arcanite hasn't even read the cases on Gaius, the biggest counterwagon, or made any kind of push on killsche, who seems to be their only scumread.

Sully, do you really think Arcanite wouldn't take the game seriously even as mafia? You don't think they'd be concerned about letting down their buddies?

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't think his Junk vote is as telling considering Kirsche tunneled his scumbuddy for two days straight (although this was on D3/D4ish, so maybe not as telling?  I don't know why Junk would immediately enter the thread and vote his scumbuddy) in one of his previous games.

Figured he was the bussing type.

In the game you're talking about, was it right out of the gate while his buddy didn't have much pressure like he did here? Or did said partner have some heat coming his way? Also, I'm assuming Junko is the more typical wishy-washy-towards-his-buddies type? One good thing is that Junko slapped Marth on his scumlist after Marth cased/voted him after kirsche went at it, so I can tell you he treated Kirsche the same way he treated me. But Kirsche's earlygame BBM vote and then voting Mackc yesterday were disgusting as well, and now that I think about it, he went back on Junko after a wagon formed. Fuck, what a scumlord, think he might be one of those players I tend to find wolfy regardless of alignment.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Arcanite hasn't even read the cases on Gaius, the biggest counterwagon, or made any kind of push on killsche, who seems to be their only scumread.

Sully, do you really think Arcanite wouldn't take the game seriously even as mafia? You don't think they'd be concerned about letting down their buddies?

Well that's part of what I was saying: if Arc were to be super dedicated or serious in a game, I'd assume it would be because he had buddies.

However, if he were an SK and had no one to fail but himself... he'd probably be playing worse than he is now.

I'm not townreading the slot or anything. Arcanite has never been scum before, so there's no real way of knowing how he'd act in that situation.

17 minutes ago, Makaze said:

i asked you what would you think in  a world where he isn't mafia

you responded with something that even come close to answering that

so

ill be more direct

if snike isn't mafia, who would be your second choice?

Weapons slot, but very thin read there 

Just now, Omega. said:

Figured he was the bussing type.

In the game you're talking about, was it right out of the gate while his buddy didn't have much pressure like he did here? Or did said partner have some heat coming his way? Also, I'm assuming Junko is the more typical wishy-washy-towards-his-buddies type? One good thing is that Junko slapped Marth on his scumlist after Marth cased/voted him after kirsche went at it, so I can tell you he treated Kirsche the same way he treated me. But Kirsche's earlygame BBM vote and then voting Mackc yesterday were disgusting as well, and now that I think about it, he went back on Junko after a wagon formed. Fuck, what a scumlord, think he might be one of those players I tend to find wolfy regardless of alignment.

I don't really remember too well, but I'm pretty sure his partner had some heat coming his way (it was Bartozio FWIW, Persona 5 Mafia if you want to check).  You're right about Junko for sure.  I think Kirsche's early game BBM vote can come from any alignment, but his Mackc2 vote does bother me.  Not sure what to make him of him going back on his Junk read.

@sully what do you make of what I said before regarding snike and kirshe

I'm townreading four of the five people who switched to kirsche late on day 2. If there is no mafia on the swing, then mafia gave up on junko, so why did he bother to come back and claim? The only explanation that would make sense in that case is kirsche is also mafia, and my slot was the intended counterwagon.

Day 3.15
Arcanite (6): Refa, via, Killthestory, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, athena_57, Walrein
Lord Gaius (5): Kaoz, Fable, Omega., SullyMcGully, Makaze
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Mackc2, Alette
Walrein (1): Lord Gaius

Not Voting: Arcanite, Baldrick

There are ~23 hours left in the day. With 16 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 11 to hammer.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

@sully what do you make of what I said before regarding snike and kirshe

I think it makes sense. I was really townreading that slot, but the suspicion on it is merited. Kirsche was scummy towards the end as Makaze pointed out. And Kill's content has been offputting.

@Omega. You seem to know Kill pretty well compared to most of the others here. I've called him out on anti-town behavior. So has Arc. Do you think these  accusations are baseless? Does Kill usually act this way in a game?

If we're looking at a scumteam where Kirsche busses Junko, then my primary reason for townreading Omega -  his immediate bussing of one, potentially two scumbuddies - becomes a lot less convincing. Especially since Omega has pretty much done as I have and written off the Kirsche/Kill slot as obvtown.

4 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I think it makes sense. I was really townreading that slot, but the suspicion on it is merited. Kirsche was scummy towards the end as Makaze pointed out. And Kill's content has been offputting.

@Omega. You seem to know Kill pretty well compared to most of the others here. I've called him out on anti-town behavior. So has Arc. Do you think these  accusations are baseless? Does Kill usually act this way in a game?

If we're looking at a scumteam where Kirsche busses Junko, then my primary reason for townreading Omega -  his immediate bussing of one, potentially two scumbuddies - becomes a lot less convincing. Especially since Omega has pretty much done as I have and written off the Kirsche/Kill slot as obvtown.

He scumread all three flipped scum in his entrance. Not two.

15 minutes ago, Refa said:

I don't really remember too well, but I'm pretty sure his partner had some heat coming his way (it was Bartozio FWIW, Persona 5 Mafia if you want to check).  You're right about Junko for sure.  I think Kirsche's early game BBM vote can come from any alignment, but his Mackc2 vote does bother me.  Not sure what to make him of him going back on his Junk read.

Skimmed it over.

First off, I thought this post here by Baldrick was villagery AF and he became my strongest V read on a skim, then I saw that you guys lynched him D2 lolRIP. I also was amused by you terrorizing LG when he subbed in like you did all the subs here. Refa, a confirmed sub bully.

Mm. Kirsche didn't bus there until P18, and I'd guess it's because he had little thread pull at the time, because he came in hot when D2 started. But, a lot of his posts there are shorter. Probably like 1 bigger post for every 5-6 short posts. He also pushed villagers there more. Here, he struck me as having way more fire and a wider focus on the playerlist. I only got to page 30, I'll look more later. He seems to be a competent wolf so I guess what he did here is in his range, but it does differ because he brought Junko to the forefront more than anybody else did D1 from memory.

2 minutes ago, Omega. said:

First off, I thought this post here by Baldrick was villagery AF and he became my strongest V read on a skim, then I saw that you guys lynched him D2 lolRIP. I also was amused by you terrorizing LG when he subbed in like you did all the subs here. Refa, a confirmed sub bully.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, athena_57 said:

One thing that sort of bothers me about the hydra is that it appears as if Satsuma is being kept on a leash by Snike. What I mean by that, is that whenever Satsuma posts he's more acting like Snike's mouth whilst he's busy making a wall or saying "Snike will get back to you" instead of doing stuff themselves.

This is in my eyes likelier to come from scum!hydra then town!hydra. Anyone agrees/disagrees?

To be honest, all of this is going to sound like excuses, but Snike does put forward ideas a lot more than I do, and sometimes I end up saying them instead at his request. I don't really want to misrepresent his arguments in case I misunderstood them, so I tend to let Snike push his stuff by himself. It becomes especially bad when the thread starts to move faster, since I usually like to think for a bit before making a post, but I can't when it's probably no longer relevant by the time I push it out, while Snike goes with the flow a lot better than I do.

Not everything I say is from Snike though, though sometimes I do consult Snike before saying them.