Top 10 settings that Fire Emblem Switch NEEDS to take place in

ViceTOLUCT

14 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Wait, people trust me enough to click on the links I placed in my signature?

Ah, you will very much learn to both thank and curse TvTropes for enhancing the viewing/playing/reading experience by showing how clever and deep even simple works can be, but it will also show how cliched even the most original works can be. You will lose some of your innocence and become jaded, but you'll also become more aware and respectful how and why some cliches and tropes are utilized.

Yeeeeeeeeeeesss. I remember getting one of those lore books you can buy at those school book fairs, and I loved how much detail there was for things that might never be brought up in the series proper. I also remember reading quite a few of those young adult books at the library, and for a toy line, they're surprisingly good. Even more interesting is that they were all written by one guy.

Not originally, but then you reminded me of the stepladder fight. Anyone who appreciates that is probably trustworthy.

So far the only cursing I've given it is for making me blow a whole week on the site, it's given me plenty to be thankful about, especially the Moon Logic page - I haven't played the Tellius games and didn't know Rolf would be necessary for the recruitment of Shinon, but now I know to keep an eye on the kid.

I think I still have that one somewhere around here, actually. Also, surprising and pretty useless trivia you probably didn't know: The first three books of BIONICLE Chronicles weren't written by Greg Farshtey - the name on the book cover is C. A. Hapka. So far, those are the only books not written by Farshtey. Second useless trivia: I got a huge box of BIONICLE pieces for Christmas(you're never too old for BIONICLE!) and now have the pieces to rebuild all six of the Toa Nuva if I were just willing to pull apart one or two of my other creations(THE STRUGGLE IS REAL). I also finally have all six Rahkshi, probably my favorite sets in the whole line.

On-Topic(yes, I got double 7s!), 77: The World of Anna - all Units are Anna, all enemies are either thieves or Annas(wait I repeated myself), all NPCs are Annas, basically Dorcas Emblem but Canon and with more gold-digging.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Not originally, but then you reminded me of the stepladder fight. Anyone who appreciates that is probably trustworthy.

Coincidently, I found the link to said fight via TvTropes. I really need to find/rewatch many of those martial arts movies. I've been addicted to those "best fight scene" videos on Youtube lately, and I'm still amazed at how fast the human body can move and how many different ways there are to punch, kick, block, and overall attack someone.

So far the only cursing I've given it is for making me blow a whole week on the site, it's given me plenty to be thankful about, especially the Moon Logic page - I haven't played the Tellius games and didn't know Rolf would be necessary for the recruitment of Shinon, but now I know to keep an eye on the kid.

Yeah, it's surprising how much time you can waste just reading even the smaller pages (and don't even get me started on the larger works. Lord of the Rings has 8 pages of nothing but tropes). Most of my cursing on the site has been on how it raised my awareness of innuendoes (curse the getting crap past the radar page!) and how it is something you need a break from every now and again, as it's pretty easy to become jaded if you spend to much time on the site. That being said, I am glad for it putting names to cliches and tropes I wasn't aware of previously, and it is interesting to see the serval different ways that said tropes/cliches can be utilized.

I think I still have that one somewhere around here, actually. Also, surprising and pretty useless trivia you probably didn't know: The first three books of BIONICLE Chronicles weren't written by Greg Farshtey - the name on the book cover is C. A. Hapka. So far, those are the only books not written by Farshtey. Second useless trivia: I got a huge box of BIONICLE pieces for Christmas(you're never too old for BIONICLE!) and now have the pieces to rebuild all six of the Toa Nuva if I were just willing to pull apart one or two of my other creations(THE STRUGGLE IS REAL). I also finally have all six Rahkshi, probably my favorite sets in the whole line.

Really? I haven't read the books in some years now, and I guess that is something that's easy to forget. I never had that many bionicles as a kid (mostly because I wasn't as creative with them as I was with normal Legos), but I was always interested in the story and world.

As for the topic itself:

78. Wesnoth

79. Narnia

80. The Ratchet and Clank universe.

81. In the world where the Henry Stickman games take place.

82. On the opposite side of the world wherever Fates took place.

83. Knowhere