New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Can someone tell me the name of the song that played?

It's Chapter 3: Eldigan the Lionheart. 

Here's a link to the extended ver.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It's Chapter 3: Eldigan the Lionheart. 

Here's a link to the extended ver.

Why thank you!

5 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Can someone tell me the name of the song that played?

Eldigan the Lionheart, BGM for Ch 3. I like the arranged version too.

It does sound awkward that the trailer for Gen 2 units uses a theme from Gen 1, though.

EDIT: rogue’d!

Edited by Vaximillian

51 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I don't actually remember the last time they demoted two units, and if anyone's getting demoted it's almost certainly Lene. She's got some decent skills, but nothing that even comes close to a brazen and Ares Mysteltainn. Plus they still haven't demoted his dad and he's almost certainly going to be inferior to Ares.

On a side note, this also makes me wish characters who brought upgraded weapons could equip the old version of the weapon. I know in mosr cases, if not all, the new is outright better, but occasionally it'd be nice to have the option to run either. I don't have Valentines Hector, but there have been a few cases where double QR/WF regular Hector hs been a God send, and if I did have V!Hector, I'd imagine I'd want to have the option to run that with him too.

WORD.

The very first thing i thought at Ares reveal is exactly "man if he have good offensive bruiser stat he likely would have he would make use of the classic R!Mystletain for Galeforce Build so muc - oh wait he can't"

I know theres the side effect of >unironically suggesting BLyn to get even better with that but its worth the trade-off or how Excalibur on Sonya and Aura on Delthea would be weird af but meh

The units look nice, but I don't need them (another sword cav and this one even with anti GF sword?). It'll be one full summon for me. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

They released another Dancer! Since I ran out of Orbs, I guess I am spending money again. You can never have too many Dancers/Singers.

Why would you need more than seven five?

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Please, I need Bow, Green Tome, and Red Tome valors!

Staff valor. If they ever release that skill it needs to have 4x SP multiplier. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But arena assault isn’t being cut just yet. At the very least, the news post didn’t explicitly call it by name.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But arena assault isn’t being cut just yet. At the very least, the news post didn’t explicitly call it by name.

Not for sure, but it would make even more sense for AA than for regular arena (you can't do anything different between the battles of a streak, you can't fish for scores in battles 2-7). 

Anyway, currently there were few occasions where I used more than three dancers/singers in a 7 streak. 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

So I have even more options for Arena Assault. Dancers/Singers with Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept can double as counters.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Anyway, currently there were few occasions where I used more than three dancers/singers in a 7 streak. 

I use them in every team besides Team 1, which is an armor team.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

7 teams, each with a brave bow archer and 3 dancers.

Funnily enough, with the addition of L!Lyn you could theoretically run 1 dancer and 3 archers for each battle. 

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

So I have even more options for Arena Assault. Dancers/Singers with Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept can double as counters.

That means you would ideally have 7 dancers/singers of each color? Imagine the SP grind ... 

Black Knight gets his second alt.

Leen is cute. Her art is top notch (I wish I could color that well). Defense Sword+ is pretty nice. I hope she becomes a 4-star afterwards. Not enough wallet.

Dark Mystletainn + Bonfire + Distant Counter + Vantage is going to be much fun. Too bad I still don't have enough wallet.

Ishtar is voiced by Kadowaki Mai. Holy fuck. I didn't even realize it. I need to not use my wallet that much this month.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

7 teams, each with a brave bow archer and 3 dancers.

You might not want that many Dancers/Singers though. Since Dancers/Singers generally cannot fight that well, they become a liability on narrower maps as they get in each other's way and die if the enemy rushes you too fast and you do not have enough space to retreat. Depending on the score range, you might want to switch out Brave Bow for Firesweep Bow or use a healer with Pain-Dazzling Staff-Wrathful Staff.

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That means you would ideally have 7 dancers/singers of each color? Imagine the SP grind ... 

Ideally, I want 64 different Dancers/Singers (16 Weapons * 4 Movement Types), although I would probably realistically only use flying Dancers/Singers at that point since they cannot be impeded by most terrain. I guess I would also use a Dancer/Singer that is also a bow armor like TOD!Jakob; Firesweep Bow-Bold Fighter-Armor Boots is too good. I wish they release more Armor Boots someday, or preferably as a C skill.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ideally, I want 64 different Dancers/Singers (16 Weapons * 4 Movement Types), although I would probably realistically only use flying Dancers/Singers at that point since they cannot be impeded by most terrain. I guess I would also use a Dancer/Singer that is also a bow armor like TOD!Jakob; Firesweep Bow-Bold Fighter-Armor Boots is too good. I wish they release more Armor Boots someday, or preferably as a C skill.

You'd spend more time scrolling through your barracks than actually fighting. I don't share your wish for more armors, but another flying dancer would be cool. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

You'd spend more time scrolling through your barracks than actually fighting. I don't share your wish for more armors, but another flying dancer would be cool. 

Scrolling does not take that long. You can sort your Barracks in a variety of ways to reduce scrolling. I use the level option to sort my Barracks, so my highest leveled and merged units go to the top, which is super helpful for Arena Assault as I can skip all scrolling through all the fodder.

Oh, and the SP grind is not too bad. I got all the Valor skills they released. I am just waiting for them to release Staff Valor and Dragonstone Valor.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Scrolling does not take that long. You can sort your Barracks in a variety of ways to reduce scrolling.

Try that after they released the 64th dancer. Until then we'll get X other units and you'll pull Y other stuff. 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I use the level option to sort my Barracks, so my highest leveled and merged units go to the top, which is super helpful for Arena Assault as I can skip all scrolling through all the fodder.

I'm doing the same, but I ignore merges because I don't need the 4* merged units at the top. Do you have merged refreshers apart from Olivia? 

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I got all the Valor skills they released.

Oh nice, I got only three of them (sword, bow, red tome) and they are useful. (On a dancer even more so)

The barracks really needs a filter function as opposed to a sort function. If I want to see all my horses, sure I filter by move type, but then I also have to scroll all the way down past the hundreds of infantry, or if I reverse sort, whatever number of fliers I have.

hmmm this seems like a skip for me. Dope units though, all would be great if demoted. Doubt Ishtar would though that new C skill looks like the tits.
Ares is looking on point

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm doing the same, but I ignore merges because I don't need the 4* merged units at the top. Do you have merged refreshers apart from Olivia? 

I got Ninian and Azura merged. I have not merged my PA!Inigos yet since I am still deciding whether to merge his Blade version or his Raven version. I only have one copy of the other Dancers/Singers so they are not getting merges anytime soon.

Edited by XRay

I haven't played Genealogy so I don't really know or will pull for any of these characters but...

From first impressions, Ares netted himself with a nice artist (especially compared to what his father got), but not really interested in what seems like just another noble cavalry sword unit. Lene's the character I would pull for if I cared for this game, beautiful, blessed with a great artist and she looks like sorta like Tiki reclassed into a Dancer. Also love how many little intricate touches were added to her otherwise plain and bare-bone design. I wonder if there's any Fire Emblem characters that wears even less clothes than her. Finally, Ishtar's alright, her design and outfit's a bit too overly done and cluttered for me and her colors don't mesh well together.

I hope this banner rakes in a lot of cash to let IS know that they don't need alts of popular characters for banners to do well and I'll be a happy dude if Lene gets demoted out of the three, but it's super unlikely due what a beautiful waifu she is. (But one can hope anyway)

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The barracks really needs a filter function as opposed to a sort function. If I want to see all my horses, sure I filter by move type, but then I also have to scroll all the way down past the hundreds of infantry, or if I reverse sort, whatever number of fliers I have.

A filter would be pretty cool. 

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I got Ninian and Azura merged. I have not merged my PA!Inigos yet since I am still deciding whether to merge his Blade version or his Raven version. I only have one copy of the other Dancers/Singers so they are not getting merges anytime soon.

Then half or more than half of your dancers wouldn't pop up at the top anyway. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

A filter would be pretty cool. 

Then half or more than half of your dancers wouldn't pop up at the top anyway. 

It is only a few pages of scrolling instead of scrolling the entire Barracks to reach the Azuras near bottom, so it is not that bad.

9 minutes ago, thanny said:

I haven't played Genealogy so I don't really know or will pull for any of these characters but...

From first impressions, Ares netted himself with a nice artist (especially compared to what his father got)

Same artist

Oh look Sylvia....

That's not Sylvia?

Seriously, I'd like to not be spoiled on the trailers for once.

First off Ares (Oh look, we get Quan last of the six). Dark Mystletainn is fun with lots of things I assumes, while DA probably is great if he doubles or is tanky. I assume the former. A Brazen Skill's also neat.

Lene:

>says we're used to seeing dancers.

>Is literally second red dancer

> We have as many green Azura alts.

>Are you kidding me?

The Def sword has a name (Edit: It's refineable. Oh boy all the defence) (She inherited it. :P), third sword valour unit (Can't give a single Axe valour) and she is not a broken dancer (gives +Atk/Spd 3 though when she does). Totally safe to skip, though she shares red with Ares (Of course she does).

Holy crap Ishtar's in the pool. It actually makes sense with her being so high in the CYL and apparently Freeges getting a pass for the banner (hell, two of her subordinates are in it twice). She's also the 5-skill unit, with Swift Sparrow, Vantage (Of course she does), Mjolnir (Faster specials and DaB 3, not that amazing) and Odd Wake Atk, which gives +6 Atk every 2 turns to adjacent allies and herself. Frankly, I'd have slapped a Wo Dao effect on Mjolnir because she needed Wrath in some form.

It's Fire! HELLFIRE! Should we all solo with Arvis?

Also Julius is a GHB. When do we get the impossibility of Imhullu or having to fight a wild Dragon?

I might try for Ishtar. Might, I'm not sure yet, I'm starting to hoard orbs again.

35 minutes ago, thanny said:

I hope this banner rakes in a lot of cash to let IS know that they don't need alts of popular characters for banners to do well and I'll be a happy dude if Lene gets demoted out of the three, but it's super unlikely due what a beautiful waifu she is. (But one can hope anyway)

Eh, she's still the most likely and the only banner where nobody's dropped was the Fallen Heroes banner (unless the last banner drops nobody)

Edited by Dayni