Has anyone noticed how barren Axe Cavalry is as a category?

Corrobin

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's always Rinkah. And a Lissa alt.

Echidna from FE6 would be nice as well.

Axes and green units as a whole are under populated in Heroes.  Getting a green stone to come up when I summon is hard and then for some reason they have more 3 and 4* ratio per amount pulled then the other colors for me if I get one at all.  Every time they add a green unit to the general pool I am happy because it gives me more of a chance at units I want to pull since most of them are green.  Most of the units I want added to Heroes are green, like Haar, Ross, Basilio and Bastian to name a few.

On 09/07/2018 at 9:25 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Bors, Barthe, Oswin, Gilliam- all boring.

Brom- again, old, and FAT! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Tauroneo is an actually good character, but is just too old on the surface to be real popular.

I actually thought Oswin was a pretty good character. His relationship with Hector was more fleshed out than Marcus' with Eliwood and Roy. 

Fire Emblem Fan will be upset. That's so mean! :o:

Well Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender) is an old character and I'm pretty sure he's very popular as he should be. Why does the FE fanbase hate old men? 

Edited by Icelerate

On 7/10/2018 at 6:53 PM, Icelerate said:

I actually thought Oswin was a pretty good character. His relationship with Hector was more fleshed out than Marcus' with Eliwood and Roy. 

Well Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender) is an old character and I'm pretty sure he's very popular as he should be. Why does the FE fanbase hate old men? 

I don't think @Interdimensional Observer means that Oswin is a bad or boring character when really considered, but he doesn't have a ton of surface-level appeal. My apologize if I'm making inaccurate assumptions.

As for the FE fandom, I don't think it's necessarily that they hate old characters. It's more that FEH characters tend to get judged on the most immediate traits unless people are already familiar with the character from the source game. That just happens to be appearance. If given the opportunity between two characters, all else equal, people are going to pick the more visually appealing one, be that appealing stylistically, aesthetically, sexually, or anything else. It's just that sexual attractiveness is a bit more of a binary than appealing to people's artistic and stylistic inclinations. I'm a big thumbs up on Loki, so I don't mean any of this to criticize, just my two cents.

34 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I don't think @Interdimensional Observer means that Oswin is a bad or boring character when really considered, but he doesn't have a ton of surface-level appeal. My apologize if I'm making inaccurate assumptions.

As for the FE fandom, I don't think it's necessarily that they hate old characters. It's more that FEH characters tend to get judged on the most immediate traits unless people are already familiar with the character from the source game. That just happens to be appearance. If given the opportunity between two characters, all else equal, people are going to pick the more visually appealing one, be that appealing stylistically, aesthetically, sexually, or anything else. It's just that sexual attractiveness is a bit more of a binary than appealing to people's artistic and stylistic inclinations. I'm a big thumbs up on Loki, so I don't mean any of this to criticize, just my two cents.

You would be correct in your assumptions. 

When I'm seriously going to judge a character, I'll take a moment to look over their dialogue if it isn't too copious, which unless you're from Awakening/Fates or a main character, typically isn't that much. You read the entirety of most Archaneans in like ten minutes, and most GBA-Telliusians in twenty or so at most. When Karla got added earlier, I went to her supports and read them all over plus her introductory recruitment dialogue and character endings, and I did a similar thing with Marisa, also with Joshua, and Knoll when Gleipnirika came out.

But how many people are seriously going to do this? Not very many I think. Most when they rate Marisa, probably haven't touched her supports, if they've played SS at all. The most they'll see of her character is whatever FEH presents it in some quips as, which may not be all that accurate- see Sanaki.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:53 PM, Icelerate said:

Oswin's relationship to Hector is better than Marcus and either of his lieges I do agree. Marcus is pure ardent submissive loyalty to Eliwood, and for Roy is wrongly contrarian at first, but then just submits to him. Oswin does admire the good traits of Hector, but is plenty willing to criticize him as well in a decently nuanced manner. He is able to coerce Hector into behaving himself, yet when hiding Uther is dying, does so both for the world's sake (Hector would abandon the mission to stop Nergal), and to keep Hector from the sorrow of seeing and knowing Uther is passing on.

Beyond Hector, well the Dorcas support is good, the Matthew is decent as well, the Priscilla doesn't do much for him though it does do some real backstory for her. The Serra, I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

And of course I was being superficial with the Brom criticism. Of him and Nephenee, the two country bumpkins of Tellius, I'm not sure who I like more. Nephenee isn't bad, she isn't overly shy, she isn't in any way particularly bad or good, and neither is Brom, both are, appropriately, ordinary characters.

Neph does certainly rise to the occasion though when she preps herself for battle at the start of 2-1 and brings Brom with her, I appreciate her proactiveness and foresight here. Her ending of moving to Melior to be a guard was unexpected, I would have expected her like Brom to continue being a farmer. That she sees soldiery as her profession would suggest to me she has become self-confident in her abilities in what she never thought she had any talent at before. Melior being the capital of Crimea makes it also urban, so I'd expect she overcame her shyness caused by her country accent, and maybe Calill and her maintained their friendship.

Brom is funnier and more lively, his Boyd support is good with its philosophical touch. And I like his a little more subtle bit of acting like a dad at the end of the Nephenee, not as humorous as the Zihark stuff, but slightly more mature.

Nephenee being massively more popular than Brom isn't all sex appeal/beauty though. Being the first playable Solder/Halberdier and having Wrath too has something to do with it as well. I have to admit this. These are still surface traits though. I just wish she wasn't massively more popular, since it seems she is that way for the wrong reasons.

17 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

True but I wanted to spark a discussion regarding Oswin. In regards to him having not much appeal, I think a good portion of Hector fans would be excited to see Oswin just because of his relationship to Hector. 

Also, do you think Tauroneo is visually appealing enough to get people for rolling him in Heroes especially if he comes with an attractive kit? I think so because he looks both handsome and badass. 

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oswin's relationship to Hector is better than Marcus and either of his lieges I do agree. Marcus is pure ardent submissive loyalty to Eliwood, and for Roy is wrongly contrarian at first, but then just submits to him. Oswin does admire the good traits of Hector, but is plenty willing to criticize him as well in a decently nuanced manner. He is able to coerce Hector into behaving himself, yet when hiding Uther is dying, does so both for the world's sake (Hector would abandon the mission to stop Nergal), and to keep Hector from the sorrow of seeing and knowing Uther is passing on.

Beyond Hector, well the Dorcas support is good, the Matthew is decent as well, the Priscilla doesn't do much for him though it does do some real backstory for her. The Serra, I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

And of course I was being superficial with the Brom criticism. Of him and Nephenee, the two country bumpkins of Tellius, I'm not sure who I like more. Nephenee isn't bad, she isn't overly shy, she isn't in any way particularly bad or good, and neither is Brom, both are, appropriately, ordinary characters.

Neph does certainly rise to the occasion though when she preps herself for battle at the start of 2-1 and brings Brom with her, I appreciate her proactiveness and foresight here. Her ending of moving to Melior to be a guard was unexpected, I would have expected her like Brom to continue being a farmer. That she sees soldiery as her profession would suggest to me she has become self-confident in her abilities in what she never thought she had any talent at before. Melior being the capital of Crimea makes it also urban, so I'd expect she overcame her shyness caused by her country accent, and maybe Calill and her maintained their friendship.

Brom is funnier and more lively, his Boyd support is good with its philosophical touch. And I like his a little more subtle bit of acting like a dad at the end of the Nephenee, not as humorous as the Zihark stuff, but slightly more mature.

Nephenee being massively more popular than Brom isn't all sex appeal/beauty though. Being the first playable Solder/Halberdier and having Wrath too has something to do with it as well. I have to admit this. These are still surface traits though. I just wish she wasn't massively more popular, since it seems she is that way for the wrong reasons.

Who has the attention span to read all these supports? I guess only you lol. :D:

But I think what makes Oswin interesting is his story presence. Him keeping Uther's death a secret was quite intriguing as was Hector's reaction to him keeping it a secret. Marcus really doesn't do anything in the plot that's memorable. 

I do agree that Nephenee is a good character but also dislike how much more popular she is compared to characters like Brom. 

What do you think of Tauroneo's chances of getting added to Heroes? When the next Daein liberation army banner happens, which will probably take some time, I expect the blue unit to be Jill so I think it will be a long time until he gets added. He's one of the few characters I'm saving up orbs for.  

11 hours ago, Corrobin said:

New Axe Cavalry incoming: GHB against Walhart!

At last, been waiting for that big dude for a while. Curious his Wolfberg lacks the distant counter, and instead increases all stats by 4 if target's allies within 2 spaces is equal or higher than his. Possibly as a reference to his on-screen debut in Awakening 

Edited by Midnox

On 7/10/2018 at 10:36 AM, bottlegnomes said:

I'd love to see Echidna in, but chances are they'd waifu the shit out of her which would ruin a lot of her appeal IMO.

Maybe it wouldn't. Riven from League of Legends is very attractive, but manages to have the strong female appeal and is aesthetically and thematically very similar to Echidna.