Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Close Defense/WoM/Steady Stance fodder is nice, but why does everyone prefer old stuff (reward units from past TTs) over new stuff (new unit, new seals)? 

Not everyone started playing since release and got all these units. Many people missed Tobin and Clive, for example.

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well to get +10 Martha you need an odd Martha so I guess this would be it

A bit strange after having a free one this TT so soon but oh well

I know, and that would be perfect...if the first TT hadn’t been so bad for me. I only got the 4*  then

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not everyone started playing since release and got all these units. Many people missed Tobin and Clive, for example.

Of course I can understand people who missed one of them (and people who want to merge their favs), but going from all new to all old seems a bit too much. They could add 1-2 rerun units to the regular award list, without making a full event nearly obsolete (award-wise) to players who played all TTs from the beginning (and don't want to merge award units). 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Of course I can understand people who missed one of them (and people who want to merge their favs), but going from all new to all old seems a bit too much. They could add 1-2 rerun units to the regular award list, without making a full event nearly obsolete (award-wise) to players who played all TTs from the beginning (and don't want to merge award units). 

Even if they don't want to merge, the rewards still have good fodder. Steady stance and close def aren't exactly common skills.

19 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Even if they don't want to merge, the rewards still have good fodder. Steady stance and close def aren't exactly common skills.

And then there's Clive's Silver Lance, Escutcheon, Def+3 and Hit and Run. :P

Really, if the reruns simply replaced the crystal rewards it'd be a win for all.

4 hours ago, Korath88 said:

BK, Marissa, Marth and Joshua are exceptions in sense of SI. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

But, is it really obsolete? The newer players get the characters we already have, and we get feathers/orbs/crystals/coins.

Edited by Karimlan

Just now, Karimlan said:

But, is it really obsolete? The newer players get the characters we already have, and we get feather/orbs/crystals/coins.

No of course not obsolete, I was exaggerating. It's also the nicest mode we have to play in my opinion. 

While freathers became less important (we get plenty from other modes and HM grinding), crystals never were important. It seems repeat heroes have replaced new heroes, seals and perhaps also coins as rewards. 

New TT and GHB units are rare highlights in this game, so it's a shame the only way to give new players the old reward units is to stop (or pause) distributing new reward units. 

The one Masked Marth means nothing to me, I can't +8 "Marth" anyways. I failed to get their 5* variant from the original Tempest Trial. If anything I care more about Clive and Joshua.

I care more about what they'd do about Sacred Seals, if anything. Will they be rerunning old seals, such as how Quickened Pulse was rerun in the first Tempest Trial Mini, or are we going to get more new seals?

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The one Masked Marth means nothing to me, I can't +8 "Marth" anyways. I failed to get their 5* variant from the original Tempest Trial. If anything I care more about Clive and Joshua.

I care more about what they'd do about Sacred Seals, if anything. Will they be rerunning old seals, such as how Quickened Pulse was rerun in the first Tempest Trial Mini, or are we going to get more new seals?

Seals will never be re-run again, because anyone who missed them first time around can simply buy them for coins.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Seals will never be re-run again, because anyone who missed them first time around can simply buy them for coins.

Oh, can they? I've never actually known that due to not missing any seals after the first run of Quickened Pulse and Phantom Speed...

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh, can they? I've never actually known that due to not missing any seals after the first run of Quickened Pulse and Phantom Speed...

Yeah, it can take them a patch or two after the initial introduction, but they get added in eventually.

EDIT: According to the list on the wiki, all TT reward seals up to and including the brides TT can be created currently, presumably the ones from the Fangs TT will be added in the August update. https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sacred_Seal_Forge

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, it can take them a patch or two after the initial introduction, but they get added in eventually.

Hm...

Well, guess my question is invalid now. Now I have to wonder something else... maybe if the extra character gifts will be taking up the SS slots, or if we're gonna start getting Accessories as TT rewards...

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Marth single repeat is good, because it means he gets to +8, and then one more regular rerun goes to +10 without saddling us with a pointless 12th copy.

God, barracks space is going to be hell though, 15 free summons plus all these TT reruns means 20+ spaces need to be made.

I didn't get her 5-star copy when she was first run so mine would only be at +7. I hope they rerun her twice so I can +10 her.

I'm happy for the reruns, although another month of no new TT unit is a bit disappointing.

I think I'll merge BK and save the extra Joshua as fodder.

It may be greedy, but I hope we get a new unit as well. We get so many females on banners now that GHB and TTs seem to be the only way to make up male units. They may not be as good, but at least it's something (even if I'd much prefer they just start evening things out a little more, like they used to).

Oh well, it is nice to see the old units coming back. I have several friends who started playing after Tobin and Clive, so they'd love to see them, and there's feathers or fodder for me :)

BK and Joshua merges make me very happy.  In a way I don't want new SSs so I get a chance to forge more up with the coins, but I also like getting new ones.  I am really hoping all the TT units are taking the place of crystal rewards because other then the crystals I use all the rewards from TT.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

While freathers became less important (we get plenty from other modes and HM grinding), crystals never were important. It seems repeat heroes have replaced new heroes, seals and perhaps also coins as rewards.

There's nothing so far that indicates what the repeat heroes have replaced on the reward ladder.  We know that the 8/14 TT will have repeat heroes available on the ladder, but it's too far in the future for us to know what else is there.  I think a new hero during this TT seems unlikely (based on how Masked Marth replaced a new hero in the ladder previously), but there's nothing currently that indicates we aren't going to get new seals or that we are losing coins.

It's too far in the future for there to be anything to datamine, regardless of when it was announced.  Wait to doom and gloom until after we get the patch that contains the TT data.

5 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

There's nothing so far that indicates what the repeat heroes have replaced on the reward ladder.  We know that the 8/14 TT will have repeat heroes available on the ladder, but it's too far in the future for us to know what else is there.  I think a new hero during this TT seems unlikely (based on how Masked Marth replaced a new hero in the ladder previously), but there's nothing currently that indicates we aren't going to get new seals or that we are losing coins.

It's too far in the future for there to be anything to datamine, regardless of when it was announced.  Wait to doom and gloom until after we get the patch that contains the TT data.

Of course we can't say anything for sure, but if we take a look at the current rewards we can leave out feathers, crystals and orbs because they occur every 1,250 points (orbs every 2,500 and crystals/feathers alternating every 2,500 points). 

We get 4 times coins, 2 times Marth, 1 blessing and 3 seals. You are right, the repeat heroes won't replace every unique award, but it seems likely they'll  replace the new unit plus either coins or seals/blessing. 

If it's anything else (except replacing orbs) I'd be happy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Let's pull this topic up, since it's most likely the next event to happen. 

Bonus units are still unknown, but perhaps we'll get to know more from the datamine which is expected to come with the special heroes banner on Friday. At least the banner for these TTs (see the in-game notification) show BK, M!Marth, Joshua and Clive: 

News_Feh_Summer_Celebration_TT.jpg?versi

Usually the banner shows the (one) boss unit. Will we get three swords plus Clive on the final map? 

I had an idea the other day that the six maps of the pool could be the six final maps of the respective tempests the six rerun heroes were given from. This leaves only the seventh map as an actually new one.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I had an idea the other day that the six maps of the pool could be the six final maps of the respective tempests the six rerun heroes were given from. This leaves only the seventh map as an actually new one.

Seven maps in a row with 5 opposing units? That would be a challenge at least.