Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World

Zanarkin

Even if this is one of the FE8's of the Tales series, it's still going to be fun regardless (..I hope.), if that makes sense.

(But Masu makes Legendia sound unplayable so ToS2 can't be that baaaaaaaaad >_>)

Edited by Will

Even if this is one of the FE8's of the Tales series, it's still going to be fun regardless (..I hope.), if that makes sense.

(But Masu makes Legendia sound unplayable so ToS2 can't be that baaaaaaaaad >_>)

oh yes. Its not complete shit, just horrid compared to the original (returning characters wise, seriously, presea is THE WORST character in the game)

oh yes. Its not complete shit, just horrid compared to the original (returning characters wise, seriously, presea is THE WORST character in the game)

That's what sucks... Presea is awesome in the other game even if she is slow. Aside that i don't see any other problems with it.

Gonna rent this on Sunday. The monster thing looks pretty interesting, though the lack of a map evens it out.

From the impressions i'm hearing the first couple of hours of the game are bad (you have one cutscene which is a flashback of event that happened 5 minutes ago as well as awkward pauses in dialogue) so try to push on anyway.

Also, impression on another board are telling me that when you get to chapter

seven (filler words so peoplne can't guess the number)

(it might be earlier than that too...) the HP situation of enemies are bosses gets craziliy out of hand...

And HP is starting to get crazily high, to a point that nothing dies without a whole giant mess of unison attacks or a couple rounds of mystic artes. Even with some of the normal enemies, they can take 15 hits and a high-level unison attack and still be alive, and I can't say I like it this way... Too much sitting back and watching the same animations time and again.

Still fun, but compared to other Tales games it feels like by now the characters' damage from normal attacks and artes should be twice what it actually is.

I imagine its done just for the sake of making the game longer <_< When will developers learn, this kind of thing crushes players resolve so they're less likely to see the end of play thruogh again and as a result spend less time with the game' not more.

Just picked it up. Too much of a fan of the series to not give it a shot.

The intro was just plain awful. Lack of production values, mostly. It's kind of trudging (very bad idea for a sequel that was pretty fast-paced), but I just got to the point you can recruit monsters and the combat is as fun as any other Tales game so far.

Still wish I had a 360 for Vesperia, but it'll do.

Just picked it up. Too much of a fan of the series to not give it a shot.

The intro was just plain awful. Lack of production values, mostly. It's kind of trudging (very bad idea for a sequel that was pretty fast-paced), but I just got to the point you can recruit monsters and the combat is as fun as any other Tales game so far.

Still wish I had a 360 for Vesperia, but it'll do.

Its the best in the series so far.