September Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When has recent NH banners determined the LH of the month?

With the exceptions of the Original Characters (Fjorm and Gunnthrá),  Legendary Lyn, which came from nowhere, and Legendary Marth, which I believe it related to CYL 2, the others Legendary Heroes are related to a banner in the same month. Ike is related to the World of Dawn Banner, Ephraim is related to the Sacred Memories Banner (in this case the Fallen Heroes banner was the closest banner, but it was a theme related banner and not a game related banner), Robin is related to the The Branded King Banner, Ryoma is related to the Wings of Fate Banner, Hector is related to the Scattered Fangs Banner and Lucina is related to the Ylissean Travelers Banner.

The three main banners we had this month are Doorway to Destiny (Genealogy), Nohrian Dusk (Fates) and Generals of Múspell (Heroes), so I believe we will have a Legendary Hero from one of this games. I don't believe we will have a Original Character this month, because I am with the people who believe Hríd is a candidate for October's Legendary Hero. My votes are for the Fates's characters Corrin (as a blue tome or dragon) and Azura (as a lance). If we get a hero from Genealogy, Sigurd is my vote because the Doorway to Destiny banner is related to Gen 1.

That's my thoughs about the Legendary Hero being related to a banner in the same month...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I'm not very well informed about Fates-stuff, but even i know that even in "Hoshido" banners there are alts of Nohrian heroes.

That's because "Hoshidan" banners are about people in Japanese Hoshidan clothes and not Hoshidan people, and the entire point of Asian Hoshidan clothing is to get non-Asian non-Hoshidan people who don't normally wear them to wear them and look pretty.

We are more likely to get a full Hoshidan summer or Halloween banner than we are to get a full Hoshidans-in-Japanese-clothes banner.

11 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

It is the perfect time for Bruno, I don't know if they'll pull the trigger though.

I wouldn't mind this, though I've got a feeling that he's gonna be back in the villain saddle for Book III, so they might wanna hold him back for a while longer.

Seliph is known as wielding Tyrfing, sword main weapon.  However on promotion can wield lances as well so blue can work.  Would be similar with how Lyn can wield bows on promotion so they gave her bow for her legendary form.  Then we have Lucina, whose canon promoted class doesn't wield lances at all, though she can access bows through reclassing.  So really anything can happen.

Actually, Great Lords can wield Lances in Awakening (unless she has a different canon promotion?), so Brave Lucina is loosely canon (though Geirskogul isn't, as far as I know).

I see your point though. Personally I'd rather Lance Seliph as a seasonal or a regular alt, if only so we could get a Tyrfing with RES +20, which I think we could maybe get on a Legendary Seliph.

Flying Nino is on a banner now, with much better odds than if she appears on legendary banner.

I know, but I wanna wait until she's on a Legendary banner so I can at least get a good pitybreaker if I fail to get her (whereas if I tried now, I'd just drown in Bartres and then get pitybroken by a Sonya or something).

Plus I don't have Orbs right now, so I want her to show up later so I can stockpile and wait for her.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

If it's Azura. imma in trouble. 

...I hadn't even considered this possibility, but now I kinda want. Though only if she doesn't get Blessed Lance, since I want that to be a prf for regular Azura.

I kinda like the idea of Legendary Azura, but... like Sword user, we would have three Lance users...

Also, in Genealogy, Lord Knights (Sigurd's class and Selith's promoted class) can use lances, but... he would be another lance unit.

I want another tome unit, or at least a dragon unit.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

With the exceptions of the Original Characters (Fjorm and Gunnthrá),  Legendary Lyn, which came from nowhere, and Legendary Marth, which I believe it related to CYL 2, the others Legendary Heroes are related to a banner in the same month. Ike is related to the World of Dawn Banner, Ephraim is related to the Sacred Memories Banner (in this case the Fallen Heroes banner was the closest banner, but it was a theme related banner and not a game related banner), Robin is related to the The Branded King Banner, Ryoma is related to the Wings of Fate Banner, Hector is related to the Scattered Fangs Banner and Lucina is related to the Ylissean Travelers Banner.

The three main banners we had this month are Doorway to Destiny (Genealogy), Nohrian Dusk (Fates) and Generals of Múspell (Heroes), so I believe we will have a Legendary Hero from one of this games. I don't believe we will have a Original Character this month, because I am with the people who believe Hríd is a candidate for October's Legendary Hero. My votes are for the Fates's characters Corrin (as a blue tome or dragon) and Azura (as a lance). If we get a hero from Genealogy, Sigurd is my vote because the Doorway to Destiny banner is related to Gen 1.

That's my thoughs about the Legendary Hero being related to a banner in the same month...

So there is a general pattern just waiting to be broken thanks for showing it to me.

Hopefully it isn't another Xander, even though he is Ryoma's parallel, or more Camilla overload. I'm neutral towards the Fates cast.

They'd have to invent a Tome or Lance I think if it was Fates, since Waterwheel the S Lance is a Naginata and hence Hoshidan, and the S tome is the essence of Greeness- Excalibur. Although I could see Azura using Waterwheel.

I'd guess I'd go with Breath Morrin, since he doesn't do the dragon thing presently in FEH yet. That and I might be one of the ten people who actually found Dragonstones very useful in Fates, it's Corrin's mixed-durability shield to their Yato sword, I like the combo.

21 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I wouldn't mind this, though I've got a feeling that he's gonna be back in the villain saddle for Book III, so they might wanna hold him back for a while longer.

Actually, Great Lords can wield Lances in Awakening (unless she has a different canon promotion?), so Brave Lucina is loosely canon (though Geirskogul isn't, as far as I know).

I see your point though. Personally I'd rather Lance Seliph as a seasonal or a regular alt, if only so we could get a Tyrfing with RES +20, which I think we could maybe get on a Legendary Seliph.

I know, but I wanna wait until she's on a Legendary banner so I can at least get a good pitybreaker if I fail to get her (whereas if I tried now, I'd just drown in Bartres and then get pitybroken by a Sonya or something).

Plus I don't have Orbs right now, so I want her to show up later so I can stockpile and wait for her.

...I hadn't even considered this possibility, but now I kinda want. Though only if she doesn't get Blessed Lance, since I want that to be a prf for regular Azura.

I am trying to be so good not to get more flying ninos. :( i <3 her. 

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So there is a general pattern just waiting to be broken thanks for showing it to me.

Hopefully it isn't another Xander, even though he is Ryoma's parallel, or more Camilla overload. I'm neutral towards the Fates cast.

They'd have to invent a Tome or Lance I think if it was Fates, since Waterwheel the S Lance is a Naginata and hence Hoshidan, and the S tome is the essence of Greeness- Excalibur. Although I could see Azura using Waterwheel.

I'd guess I'd go with Breath Morrin, since he doesn't do the dragon thing presently in FEH yet. That and I might be one of the ten people who actually found Dragonstones very useful in Fates, it's Corrin's mixed-durability shield to their Yato sword, I like the combo.

I thought the pattern was broken when Lyn appeared as Legendary Hero, but the pattern returned with Ryoma.

I don't believe we will have a Legendary Camilla... she is popular, but not a important character.

And I am another one of the ten people who liked the Nohr Prince/Princess class. Having a Sword unit who can also use dragonstones is great, and Hoshido Noble is my favorite promotion because you can have a unit who can use a sword to deal physical damage, use a dragonstone to deal magic damage, and also heal allies.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

28 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Sorry typo  I meant Lucina's canon promoted class can't wield bows.  

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I thought the pattern was broken when Lyn appeared as Legendary Hero, but the pattern returned with Ryoma.

I don't believe we will have a Legendary Camilla... she is popular, but not a important character.

And I am another one of the ten people who liked the Nohr Prince/Princess class interesting. Having a Sword unit who can also use dragonstones is great, and Hoshido Noble is my favorite promotion because you can have a unit who can use sword to deal physical damage, use the dragonstone to deal magic damage, and also heal allies.

I read on this forum that L!Lyn was because of FE7 anniversary. Is it true?

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

I read on this forum that L!Lyn was because of FE7 anniversary. Is it true?

April 25, 2003 (JP) / November 3, 2003 (NA) / February 20, 2004 (AUS) / July 16, 2004 (EU)

To be fair, a game anniversary is not a good reason for a legendary hero (unless it's FEH anniversary). I believe it was because the colored bows were introduced in the same time.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Lord Knights (Sigurd's class and Selith's promoted class) can use lances,

"Knight Lord" in English, if you believe in consistency (and the localization teams for Fire Emblem seem unnecessarily consistent in the naming of classes). The name of the class is the same as Eliwood's promoted class in Japanese.

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Patterns that break on a whim are not patterns.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Knight Lord" in English, if you believe in consistency (and the localization teams for Fire Emblem seem unnecessarily consistent in the naming of classes). The name of the class is the same as Eliwood's promoted class in Japanese.

I got the "Lord Knight" name from the Serenes Forest's Genealogy page, which most (if not all) names are in japanese, so I acknowledge my mistake.

24 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If it is Azura or Corrin and they aren't Water Legendaries, then screw that nonsense. They are DIRECTLY correlated with water in their own game.

Well, that would be just one more reason why legendary slots should have never been given to FEH OC's. The blue water should have been Azura and the Green Wind should have been Lewyn, Takumi, or another such character.

Link for y'all who haven't seen it.

Personally I think she looks ADORABLE! Probably gonna pull on this banner exclusively for Tiki.

EDIT: Her artist is the same one who drew Bridal Ninian, Halloween Nowi, and Soleil. Neat!

Edited by GreatKnightEcho

Holy power creep. I wasn't planning on pulling, but I love armors enough that I might have to.

Did not think she was a candidate. I'd speculated about her being a green fire legendary hero, but not blue earth.

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

Ctrl + F "Tiki."

The only results are a mention of something unrelated, not a prediction.

We failed this month.

Whilst I would prefer some other lords get their due...

Tiki is a pleasant surprise in the sense that she completely blindsided everyone. Hopefully Micaiah's on staff for next month.

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Whilst I would prefer some other lords get their due...

Tiki is a pleasant surprise in the sense that she completely blindsided everyone. Hopefully Micaiah's on staff for next month.

Next month is red. November is (probably) colorless.