Questions regarding Sephiran

Liz

Then he went from begnin hatred to using his connections to ruinate the world.

Then why did he help Kieran, Nephenee, and Brom and get imprisoned in Canteus Castle for it? Why did he heal Ranulf and stop the Black Knight at Port Toha? Why did he persuade the Senators to send reinforcements after Ike took Nevassa?

If Ashnard had not been stopped by Ike, he probably would have destroyed the world himself... so why did Sephiran work (albeit indirectly) to stop him?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why did he help Kieran, Nephenee, and Brom and get imprisoned in Canteus Castle for it? Why did he heal Ranulf and stop the Black Knight at Port Toha? Why did he persuade the Senators to send reinforcements after Ike took Nevassa?

If Ashnard had not been stopped by Ike, he probably would have destroyed the world himself... so why did Sephiran work (albeit indirectly) to stop him?

spehiran's good at heart, so he couldn't let his subordinate kill some guys he just met. Also, Sephiran saved Kieran, Nephenee, and Brom because he's trying to limit the number of casualties cuz he's...good at heart. I'm guessing Sephrian knew that no matter who won the war, it wouldn't matter. "The seeds of war have already been sewn".

I'm guessing Sephiran only needed a war to start. Who would win the war, it wouldn't matter, because the result would be the same.

wow. Sephiran's really smart...

But also, didn't he indirectly help cause the Serenes Massacre? Because he convinced Misaha to announce that she was Branded, the senators decided to kill her and blame the herons...

@Discussion about why he helped the Crimean army;

Thus do heroes give birth to new chapters in history... Ike, I doubt if you've even noticed... Your story, the everyday mercenary who becomes a hero will awaken ugly appetite and ambition in many. It will be the cause of strife and discord throughout the land. I'm certain Ashnard saw the truth in this. In a way, Ashnard's dream may have been fulfilled. The seeds of war have indeed been sewn across the continent. It appears your trials are just beginning, my gallant, young hero... May the goddess ride with you.

Pay attention to the bolded, mainly. His monologue is an effective description of why.

@Cinder; Yes, he did. And I wonder what happened the the Begnion citizens who saw the wings on his back?

Edited by Allan's Aokage

• 1 month later...
Sephiran: King Naesala, it seems as if everything went well with the pact.

Naesala: Yes, for which I am thankful. The blood pact yoked Kilvas to your country's control... but we no longer suffer the curse for opposing the tyrannical edicts of your corrupt, bloated senators. Present company excluded, of course.

Sephiran: I'm quite glad to hear it.

Naesala: You shouldn't be. You're not like the other senators, but your insane agenda has turned my nation to stone! Freedom means nothing to a statue.

Sephiran: My goal was simply to save Sanaki. With your help, she is safe. The mutual benefit of your country was a happy accident, so don't feel indebted to me.

Naesala: So you won't object when I tear your lungs out here and now?

Sephiran: By all means. Be my guest.

Sanaki: ...Sephiran... Everything you've ever told me, every time you gave your hand to me, every time you smiled... They were all lies? ...You're the most appalling fraud I've ever known!

Sephiran: No, Lady Sanaki... I've actually lied to you very little. What I have done is hold things back. I've also twisted the truth from time to time... But I have only told you one blatant falsehood. That one lie has weighed heavily on me. It makes me hate myself sometimes.

Sanaki: Sephiran...

Sephiran: I'll always care deeply for you, my little Lady Sanaki... You are my sun and my moon. I never wished to harm you. Please... You must understand...

Sanaki: ...No! Sephiran, no!

oi, look at this!

• 2 weeks later...