December 2018 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

wouldnt be surprised if they do, since Mythics only affect AR. I mean there is no incentiv to pull Mythics ecxept for AR or skills.

I'd still be surprised, but I won't totally object if they keep putting good inheritable skills on them. For what it's worth, if they leave it at 5, then February will have no Mythics on it, and might be the last time we only get Legendaries.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/28/2018 at 7:17 PM, Johann said:

it certainly won't be Camilla, Corrin, or Azura (if justice exists)

On 11/28/2018 at 10:56 PM, Florete said:

Sorry, man.

Does this count as me making a correct prediction for once?

12 hours ago, Johann said:

Definitely haha

You kinda walked right into it by using "the J word" xD

On topic, I guess this is the Hero to match the Adrift Banner, but did they really have to use a character who'd already gotten an alt on that very same banner? (Then again, it's Azura and she apparently prints money, so of course they did...)

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

You kinda walked right into it by using "the J word" xD

On topic, I guess this is the Hero to match the Adrift Banner, but did they really have to use a character who'd already gotten an alt on that very same banner? (Then again, it's Azura and she apparently prints money, so of course they did...)

Azura wasn't on the Adrift banner.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Azura and Eir in March.

Fjorm, Marth and Hector in April.

Confirmed Colorless Mythic Hero for January?

Yeah, and with March having Lucina and Ryoma, we'll see a Green Mythic in March. Just a recap:

• January: Ike, Eirika, Tiki, Lyn, new Colorless Mythic
  • February: Hrid, Gunnthra, Ephraim, Robin, new Legendary (unknown color)
  • March: Ryoma, Lucina, Azura, Eir, new Green Mythic
  • April: Marth, Fjorm, Hector

On 27.12.2018 at 4:38 AM, Johann said:

Ok looking at my prediction:

• Legendary Marth
  • Summer Tiki
  • Flora
  • Legendary Hector
  • Olwen (G) Flying Nino
  • New Legendary Xander!?!? Helbindi 
  • Fjorm
  • Summer Camilla
  • Quan Legendary Azura
  • Eir
  • Brave Veronica
  • Summer Linde Takumi

Pretty good again. Red was perfect, Blue you said Quan could be replaced by a legendary, which was correct as well and colorless came down to a 50/50 guess.

Also did I see that right, that Azura and Lucina will both be back in March? That might mean I am not allowed to spend any orbs until then.

On 27.12.2018 at 4:01 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

I NEED LEGENDARY AZURA!!! SHE IS AMAZING!

Also yay for someone actually excited about her.

I guess there could be more but I am definitely not going to the legendary hero thread.

25 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Pretty good again. Red was perfect, Blue you said Quan could be replaced by a legendary, which was correct as well and colorless came down to a 50/50 guess.

Also did I see that right, that Azura and Lucina will both be back in March? That might mean I am not allowed to spend any orbs until then.

It's curious that Olwen was skipped, perhaps they figure nobody is excited for her, or at least not nearly as much as Nino and Helbindi (even if just for his A skill). This makes me wonder if Quan will be skipped too, but so far he's still next in line.

And yeah, both of them in March. Interesting that both of them have extremely powerful refresh skills, I might need to save a few myself (but I'm really looking forward to February).

24 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Also yay for someone actually excited about her.

I guess there could be more but I am definitely not going to the legendary hero thread.

I have no beef with Azura, or really any alts, but more than anything I'm dreading facing this version in things like AR

36 minutes ago, Johann said:

And yeah, both of them in March. Interesting that both of them have extremely powerful refresh skills, I might need to save a few myself (but I'm really looking forward to February).

Wanted to get Grima in February and Eirika's skill and the mythic if it is the dark one in January. This will get difficult.

39 minutes ago, Johann said:

I have no beef with Azura, or really any alts, but more than anything I'm dreading facing this version in things like AR

That is one of the downsides of AR for sure. Every new skill and hero get's one wondering how annoying it will be to face there.

15 minutes ago, Azuris said:

That is one of the downsides of AR for sure. Every new skill and hero get's one wondering how annoying it will be to face there.

That reminds me, I'm suspecting that the "negates -sweep and Flash effects" skill that was datamined will probably be on a Legendary or Mythic hero. I recall there was another skill that sounded like it only had any use in AR too, like something about breaking structures, but I can't find it.

@Johann

Oh, now that the legenday banner expert is here. How likely do you think it is, that Niles will be on the March banner?

I guess we should get the January legendary banner trailer before the special banner runs out, which might make it more predictable.

Edited by Azuris

1 minute ago, Azuris said:

@Johann

Oh, now that the legenday banner expert is here. How likely do you think it is, that Niles will be on the March banner?

I guess we should get the January legendary banner trailer before the special banner runs out, which might make it more predictable.

Ah yeah, I gotta make the next thread, though I probably won't get a chance until tomorrow since I've got plans tonight. As far as seasonals go, what comes next is going to depend on whether or not they spread out the dancers again like last time. I'm expecting that they won't, but we won't know til next month. Here's my current thinking:

• January: Summer Linde, Dancing Ryoma & Elincia)
  • Februrary: Dancing Micaiah & Xander, and Halloween Niles
  • March: Halloween Kagero & Myrrh, and Mia

The logic behind this, aside from the chronological aspect, is that they wouldn't put too many units of matching types on the same banner, especially if they're packing too many rare skills or typing (like Legendary Lucina and Niles being the only blue archers). They also likely won't put multiple seasonals of the same color on the same banner (ie: Dancing Xander and Halloween Mia probably wouldn't appear together).

21 minutes ago, Johann said:

The logic behind this, aside from the chronological aspect, is that they wouldn't put too many units of matching types on the same banner, especially if they're packing too many rare skills or typing (like Legendary Lucina and Niles being the only blue archers). They also likely won't put multiple seasonals of the same color on the same banner (ie: Dancing Xander and Halloween Mia probably wouldn't appear together).

Makes sense. So I'll wait until the next legendary trailer and if there are two dancers with Ryoma being one of them, I'll might pull for the skill then. But with the prospect of two of the legendary heroes I intend to merge on the same banner, I should really save everything for then.

And have fun tonight.

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the most recent thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.