So, I took refuge there.

AceNoctali

Hiya everyone.

So here is AceNoctali, former FESS Veteran, webmaster of the premiere French Fire Emblem : Seisen no Keifu site France-Fire Emblem 4, and co-webmaster at the Réseau Pixalgo.

Avid fan of video games since 1993 and my first (and still favourite) console, a Sega Megadrive, and discovered the Fire Emblem franchise on 2003, one year before the franchise's international release, thanks to Super Smash Bros Melee.

As a member of the occidental Fire Emblem community, my most important works were probably the Japanese-to-French and Japanese-to-English translations of parts of the games (such as the Perfect Ending Chronology of FE3, and the Ending Map of FE4) and of some of the mangas. Currently, I took under my wing the Fujimori Nuts' FE4 manga translation project, and plan to announce new chapters release on the forum when they will occur. ;)

Aside from the Fire Emblem franchise, I'm an avid fan of Star Ocean 2, the Tokimeki Memorial series (more specifically the games centered on the 1st and 2nd games of the series), the Pokémon series, Puyo Puyo, the Streets of Rage series, and Command & Conquer.

Fan of manga (not anime, though) as well. I have a large array of manga I like (favourites include Planetes, FullMetal Alchemist, Chrno Crusade, Midori Days, Ottori Sousa, Shikeishuu 042, Akira and Fruits Basket), but beware, I'm a sworn hater of Naruto and Bleach. >_<

Nice to meet you all, hope we'll have have some good times all together. ;)

Hiya everyone.

So here is AceNoctali, former FESS Veteran, webmaster of the premiere French Fire Emblem : Seisen no Keifu site France-Fire Emblem 4, and co-webmaster at the Réseau Pixalgo.

Avid fan of video games since 1993 and my first (and still favourite) console, a Sega Megadrive, and discovered the Fire Emblem franchise on 2003, one year before the franchise's international release, thanks to Super Smash Bros Melee.

As a member of the occidental Fire Emblem community, my most important works were probably the Japanese-to-French and Japanese-to-English translations of parts of the games (such as the Perfect Ending Chronology of FE3, and the Ending Map of FE4) and of some of the mangas. Currently, I took under my wing the Fujimori Nuts' FE4 manga translation project, and plan to announce new chapters release on the forum when they will occur. ;)

Aside from the Fire Emblem franchise, I'm an avid fan of Star Ocean 2, the Tokimeki Memorial series (more specifically the games centered on the 1st and 2nd games of the series), the Pokémon series, Puyo Puyo, the Streets of Rage series, and Command & Conquer.

Fan of manga (not anime, though) as well. I have a large array of manga I like (favourites include Planetes, FullMetal Alchemist, Chrno Crusade, Midori Days, Ottori Sousa, Shikeishuu 042, Akira and Fruits Basket), but beware, I'm a sworn hater of Naruto and Bleach. >_<

Nice to meet you all, hope we'll have have some good times all together. ;)

2z4imq1.jpg

I see you like Fruits basket. Nice! Hatori is my favorite. As for not liking naruto and bleach, well im use to that.

My, thanks to you two for the welcome ! :)

@ Ol'Raven :

I'm not a fan of the Tales series. I do have played and liked Tales of Phantasia (SFC version) and Tales of Symphonia, and liked them, but they didn't struck me as memorable games, and I've got the feeling this series recycles its formula a bit too much. :/

I like Hatori as well, he's a nice character. But my favourite char in Fruits Basket is easily Hanajima for me. :P

The forest is getting crowdier by the moment. XD Welcome, just stay away from my tree. ^^

--I love your avy, can I has? ^^

Thanks, and don't worry, I don't plan to bother your home. :P

Ah ha, finally someone who's showing interest in my 2nd fave char in video game fandom (the 1st being Star Ocean 2's Ashton Anchors), Tokimeki Memorial's Saki Nijino !! :wub:

If you're interested, I've recently found a blog which contains an awesome bunch of pics of her (THREE pages of pics of her, I was in HEAVEN !! ~o~), here's the link. :P

Welcome to the forest! It's nice to meet you! =D

I've read a bunch of mangas myself, though unfortunately the only one I've read out of the list you posted was Fruits Basket. XD

Thanks ! ;)

If you ever have the chance of reading the mangas I've mentioned earlier, by all means go and read them, they're all awesome (at least IMO). You'll probably won't be able to read Ottori Sousa and Shikeishuu 042 (both from Yua Kotegawa, a mangaka I really like), as the first was never released outside of Japan, and the second only has an official French translation, but the rest is easily findable. And of all, I particulary advise for Planetes, Akira and FMA. ;)

Edited by AceNoctali

Welcome aboard. I find the trees here make for nice refuge, except when people try and set them on fire >___<

Also, I can't wait to see more of the Fujimori Nuts manga : D

But, of course in your own time. I know how busy things can get.

Hello, welcome 'n all that.

You're THE Nightmare from FESS ? Hiya, nice to see you there too ! ;)

(Yeah, I've seen that you're on the forums since quite a while. ^^')

Welcome aboard. I find the trees here make for nice refuge, except when people try and set them on fire >___<

Thankies, Vincent ! :)

To tell you the truth, I seriously thought about subscribing there since about 3, 4 months before my departure to Japan, but was still hesitant, as I already had lots of Internet places to go, and little spare time... Now that FESS is closing, well, now that I'm english-speaking Fire Emblem board homeless, even if I still have little spare time, it's now time to move here. ;)

I'm currently working on Stage 6 of the manga (and hope finishing translation around end of next week). You don't mind if I ask you again for corrections once I've competed the translation draft ? ;)

You're THE Nightmare from FESS ? Hiya, nice to see you there too ! ;)

(Yeah, I've seen that you're on the forums since quite a while. ^^')

Nah, I'm not that Nightmare (whoever he is). Somebody else also thought I was him. Or her, whatever.

I'm currently working on Stage 6 of the manga (and hope finishing translation around end of next week). You don't mind if I ask you again for corrections once I've competed the translation draft ?

Sure, why not? ^^

Nah, I'm not that Nightmare (whoever he is). Somebody else also thought I was him. Or her, whatever.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the clear-up ! ;)

Sure, why not? ^^

Thankies, Vincent ! :D

It's been a very long time, good to see you here.

My, thank you. :)

Hi Ace.

Hiya, TheEnd. :)

And don't worry, you'll be in the very first people I'll warn when I will be done with the first translation draft of Stage 6. :P

f_textm_22fc077.png

Thanks. ;)

Reminds me that I haven't mentioned Earthbound is one of the very few RPGs I liked a lot (as I don't like the RPG genre). When I'll get the chance (i.e. finding a shop having it at a cheap price), I'll buy a copy of Mother 3. And for the note, I was decided getting it even before its fantranslation was complete. ;)

Thanks, and don't worry, I don't plan to bother your home. :P

Ah ha, finally someone who's showing interest in my 2nd fave char in video game fandom (the 1st being Star Ocean 2's Ashton Anchors), Tokimeki Memorial's Saki Nijino !! :wub:

If you're interested, I've recently found a blog which contains an awesome bunch of pics of her (THREE pages of pics of her, I was in HEAVEN !! ~o~), here's the link. :P

Thanks ! ;)

If you ever have the chance of reading the mangas I've mentioned earlier, by all means go and read them, they're all awesome (at least IMO). You'll probably won't be able to read Ottori Sousa and Shikeishuu 042 (both from Yua Kotegawa, a mangaka I really like), as the first was never released outside of Japan, and the second only has an official French translation, but the rest is easily findable. And of all, I particulary advise for Planetes, Akira and FMA. ;)

Thanks for the link, I'll see what I can find there. I played star ocean as well, but I dont remember which one. :huh:

Trees give us life, and a home. Who is burning them?

*Readies firebreath* :lol:

Hiya, TheEnd. :)

And don't worry, you'll be in the very first people I'll warn when I will be done with the first translation draft of Stage 6. :P

I won't let you go back on that word, Ace.

BTW, how long is Fujimori's manga, and how much do you have of it? (I mean scans, I remember you couldn't find them for sale yet or something.)

Welcome. With the influx of other members from FESS, I doubt you'll feel left out.

I don't think so too. Thanks ! :)

Welcome to Serenes Forest.

I am Matthew O'Connell, lover of FF, fanboy of Locke Cole, hater of FE, and also, king, commander, and ruler of absolutely nothing! Have fun, and stay active.

I'll try my best to be as active as possible, but that's not an absolute guarantee, as, real-life-wise, I have both my classes at my Japanese university to attend, and a end-term report for my French university to make ; and Internet-wise, I have a French FE forum to take care of, a website network I'm helping reviving, and manga translations to make. As you see, pretty busy schedule already. :huh:

But yeah, I'm glad to be here, and hope I'll have fun. ;)

Thanks for the link, I'll see what I can find there. I played star ocean as well, but I dont remember which one. :huh:

You're welcome ! First part of my evil plan of drawing as much people as I can towards the Tokimemo series apparently has succeeded, nyark nyark :P

On which console have you played the Star Ocean you're talking about ? With just that info, I think I'll be able to pinpoint which one it is.

I won't let you go back on that word, Ace.

BTW, how long is Fujimori's manga, and how much do you have of it? (I mean scans, I remember you couldn't find them for sale yet or something.)

Don't worry on that one.

Fujimori Nuts' manga is 6 tomes long, for the info I've gathered on the Web, and I have the scans of it for the first tome only (which has 7 chapters in it, so I'm close to finishing translating it -and I do plan to translate the end volume bits along with the last two Stages as well-).

And indeed, I still wasn't able to get my hands on this manga, sadly. A shame, especially when I think that in the meanwhile, I've nearly complete my Oosawa Mitsuki FE4 manga collection (only missing Tomes 1 and 6). And I'd love so much to get my hands on the Nea Fuyuki one as well. T_T

Hey there, Ace. What's up? :]

Hiya, MK 404 ! ~o~

M'well, you see, like a lot of FESS refugees, I'm making Serenes Forest my new English-speaking FE home. I do plan on moving on SF only, though : the Ashtray will be fine without me.

Salutations! I am Princess Kilvas, you may have heard of me before...but welcome anyways! If you need any OC art, let me know! Get your wallet ready though.... XD

Yes, I have heard of you before ! Glad to meet you ! ~o~

(And yes, there's an art I would request you, if you have time and if you're interested, of course. But it's not an OC art... In fact, it's a crossover art. One of my biggest dreams would be to see an awesomely drawn pic of my 12 favourite characters in manga, anime and video games being together, wearing Fire Emblem-style clothes, and having the specific weapon of each of the Crusaders of FE4. I don't want to clutter the topic, so I won't go into detail, but if you're interested, tell me and we'll talk about the graphic details on MP. ;) )

Don't worry on that one.

Fujimori Nuts' manga is 6 tomes long, for the info I've gathered on the Web, and I have the scans of it for the first tome only (which has 7 chapters in it, so I'm close to finishing translating it -and I do plan to translate the end volume bits along with the last two Stages as well-).

And indeed, I still wasn't able to get my hands on this manga, sadly. A shame, especially when I think that in the meanwhile, I've nearly complete my Oosawa Mitsuki FE4 manga collection (only missing Tomes 1 and 6). And I'd love so much to get my hands on the Nea Fuyuki one as well. T_T

That's a shame, indeed, as Fujimori's manga looked more promising than Oosawa's (screw drama, I'd rather have a parody). BTW, does it have furigana, or just kanji hell?