Dimitri’s backstory idea

This is a cool idea I had some time ago, before we knew as much information we have now regarding Three Houses and the characters.  From his first character bio, Dimitri struck me as an interesting character, and I had the idea, what if his “shadow” was that he wasn’t the heir but instead cut down/defeated/was better than his older siblings to be the house leader of the Blue Lions? Idk maybe I like court intrigue and family feuds too much... so maybe he carries the shadow of being the “boasted prince” by being better than his siblings?  Faerghus is ruled by the royal family, I was hoping for some intrigue to come with it or something... like the Bern royal family I guess

It’s never really explicitly said (at least to my knowledge) that Dimitri’s the heir like Edelgard and Claude... maybe that’s a motive for him to be how he is after the timeskip?

It's solid! He looks like he went through something rough after the timeskip for sure. Could have lost the eye in a fight with a salty older sibling.

So kind of like Hans from Disney's Frozen, except potentially attacking his siblings rather than trying to worm his way into a foreign royal family and their crown through marriage and trickery. Not a bad idea, yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

For a game based on the medieval era, Fire Emblem is pretty light on the familicide. There are exceptions of course, but also a lot more happy nuclear families than one would expect.

That said, I think Dmitri is sad because even while trying to look like an unkempt hobo, he somehow still can't grow a beard, or even just a five-o-clock shadow to save his life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, KelluPato said:

This is a cool idea I had some time ago, before we knew as much information we have now regarding Three Houses and the characters.  From his first character bio, Dimitri struck me as an interesting character, and I had the idea, what if his “shadow” was that he wasn’t the heir but instead cut down/defeated/was better than his older siblings to be the house leader of the Blue Lions? Idk maybe I like court intrigue and family feuds too much... so maybe he carries the shadow of being the “boasted prince” by being better than his siblings?  Faerghus is ruled by the royal family, I was hoping for some intrigue to come with it or something... like the Bern royal family I guess

It’s never really explicitly said (at least to my knowledge) that Dimitri’s the heir like Edelgard and Claude... maybe that’s a motive for him to be how he is after the timeskip?

welp rip my theory as of the last blue lions content released... let's hope his "misfortune" is due to his family?