Final Descision: Cat VS Dog

Mufasa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found that the catgrils are fine. Other than the fact that they are laguz, they do pretty well for themselves. Even when untransformed they can survive. Valor helps them, as do Olivi grass and Laguz stones, and gems.

So trash defense, hp, and strength are all a-ok?

Someone with a key. I usually have one left over from somewhere.

Or Heather.

Heather's worse than Sothe.

But Heather is even worse than Sothe.

Maybe. But you have a choice on whether to take her or not.

So trash defense, hp, and strength are all a-ok?

Heather's worse than Sothe.

-They are if you work at it. Right now my Lethe, Lyre, and Ranulf are capped in everything, SS level claws, and not even at level 40 yet.

-See response to Knife.

Sothe is one of the best characters in part 1 and he's still good enough later on. We've had this discussion before. He has to be taken to endgame, but not the map, so that's hardly a point against him. And most characters aren't pulling criticals like it's the latest trend anyway.

-Maybe. But you have a choice on whether to take her or not.

-They are if you work at it. Right now my Lethe, Lyre, and Ranulf are capped in everything, SS level claws, and not even at level 40 yet.

So Ike sucks, too? He's forced.

Too bad they have terrible caps and can't stay transformed for more than 3 attacks.

By that logic, you must hate Ena. You hate a character because he's forced?

If there's no reason for him to be forced. He doesn't add to the plot cept for that one point and if he battles a boss. But other people can do that.

I dislike Ena as well. But not as much as Sothe. Plus she's pretty immortal in the dragon chapter.

Sothe is one of the best characters in part 1 and he's still good enough later on. We've had this discussion before. He has to be taken to endgame, but not the map, so that's hardly a point against him. And most characters aren't pulling criticals like it's the latest trend anyway.

-He's an exp hog in Part one. He's most useful as a utility and for pinch situations.

-But he could still be replaced with a character if taken out. That's a point against him.

-Two of the best three daggers increase critical rate. Which goes to waste on Sothe, cause he has a low chance of critical. He barely gets Bane. While his alternative, Volke, has a natural critical rate of 25%. Without weapon bonuses.

So Ike sucks, too? He's forced.

Too bad they have terrible caps and can't stay transformed for more than 3 attacks.

Ike doesn't have low strength.

They're caps are fine. If they're transformed, their stats are better than Sothe's in some areas. And you can keep a laguz transformed fairly easily.

Eh. Volke is really hard to debate against Sothe because both are completely different utility wise (Volke is better combat wise, but Sothe can thieve). Heather vs. Sothe?

Eh. I don't think so. Heather is hard to defend. I'd rather do Volke.

Good luck Lyle, you'll most definitely be needing it. I'd do it, but Knife has already claimed you. Are you guys taking it to the debate boards?

Lol. I'm starting to think that Fox hates me. Lol.

Probably, but at this point, I'm fairly busy. (I now have 7 projects to do, with only 5 classes.) .____.

I've found that the catgrils are fine. Other than the fact that they are laguz, they do pretty well for themselves. Even when untransformed they can survive. Valor helps them, as do Olivi grass and Laguz stones, and gems.

I know he isn't. If he was, I might like him better.

As for why I hate him:

-His low attack.

-His low critical

-Bane

-Forced Promotion

-Forced into Endgame

All that really sums up to is this: He's the kind of guy that you have to use. He's a mediocre unit, that any other time, I might put up with him. But the fact that he's shoved into your face, and you can't do anything about it, pisses me off. There are a bunch of people I would like to take to the endgame, but I can't because it's limited to 4 people. Sothe is one of those guys who are forced, the others all at least have SOME purpose storyline-wise. The only time Sothe has any lines is after you kill Lekain, of which he could be easily replaced by Ike.

I could deal with Sothe's short commings, if he wasn't forced upon you. The game throws crappy characters at you all the time, but you can choose to use them or not. Sothe however is forced upon you whether you like him or not. And that annoys me. Especially when I have 11 units I want to bring to the endgame.

I actually like using Sothe... I can tolerate his stats... ever since I saw the movie with him shanking, ninja kicking, and matrix flipping he has become one of my favorite characters. That and he's with one of the hottest girls in FE history.

Sothe has his shortcomings, but its called an Adept scroll. If you use that, that Bane suddenly becomes a bit better (why does it have to leave 1 hp though.)

And Peshkatz>Baselard.

As much as I love real life cats, I can't stand how craptastic cats are in Radiant Dawn. Ranulf is okay, but is easily beaten by the other laguz. Without the demi-band, cats fail (and if this game did have a demi-band, I would use Skrimir or Ulki instead anyway.)

But I do agree.... he is pretty stale in the story. His only purpose is to be Micaiah's stalker.