Falcon/Pegasus Knights

14 minutes ago, Twilight Cinder said:

Apologies if this has already been asked before but I haven’t been able to find a straight yes/no answer.

Can Pegasus/Falcon Knights use Magic and/or Bows?

Bows yes, magic no. Pretty much any class can use any weapons with the following restrictions: Brawling is restricted to infantry, and magic can only be used by specific, magic using classes.

12 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Bows yes, magic no. Pretty much any class can use any weapons with the following restrictions: Brawling is restricted to infantry, and magic can only be used by specific, magic using classes.

Additionally, magic classes cannot use gauntlets either. Not that they'd want them.

Oh, so Paladins CAN use axes in this game? I was thinking they couldn't and that's why I didn't reclass Sylvain to one, as I need his axe rank to be high so he can get Great Knight. Good to know.

Annette would be happy with it bad sadly no...also kind of a bummer that there are not many tools for mages to work with weapons. She would have the potential to be some kind of a crit mage..

Also to equip Aura Gloves you need Rank A in Brawl and outside of Felix and Byleth there is no character who learns Mystic Blow for the meantime... Just why DX. Outside of that Annette with Gloves could be fun. Welp not that they intended it that much. Still fun for fooling around. 

Edited by Stroud

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, so Paladins CAN use axes in this game? I was thinking they couldn't and that's why I didn't reclass Sylvain to one, as I need his axe rank to be high so he can get Great Knight. Good to know.

Paladins can use any weapons except for Gauntlets (because they are mounted) and Magic (because they're not a magic class).

There's no penalties if you want to use an axe as a Paladin, however if you want to quickly rank up Sylvain's Axe rank, you might want to consider putting him into Fortress Knight, Warrior, or Wyvern Rider instead since they get bonus weapon experience towards Axes (while Paladin gets bonus exp towards Swords, Lances, and Riding).

20 minutes ago, Chaotix said:

Paladins can use any weapons except for Gauntlets (because they are mounted) and Magic (because they're not a magic class).

There's no penalties if you want to use an axe as a Paladin, however if you want to quickly rank up Sylvain's Axe rank, you might want to consider putting him into Fortress Knight, Warrior, or Wyvern Rider instead since they get bonus weapon experience towards Axes (while Paladin gets bonus exp towards Swords, Lances, and Riding).

I've thought about putting him into one of those classes as well as armor knight because he also needs an A in armor to get Great Knight, but their movement is so bad and I'm not good at using armors because of that and their low Res. I'm not sure if I can get him much combat/many kills this way. Right now I've had him increase his armor rank through the weeding activity. But it's kinda slow.