April's Legendary Hero: Edelgard

daisy jane

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called it. I knew they would bring out a big name character for Golden Week. Pretty much guessed everything right too besides blue. But I don't really care about Edelgard since she doesn't really provide any useful fodder for me so the banner is a skip for me. One pull for a green orb and I'm out. Now I just need to focus on what will appear on the New Heroes banner next week and then I can finally decide how many orbs I should spend on the Archanean banner.

Surprised B!Eliwood isn't here.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Okay I respect your opinion that you think it should have been those before Edelgard .
But use common sense. 
the reason why there is "black eagle bias" is probably due to the fact that anytime you load up Three Houses the top 8 in any statistic is Edelgard and Black Eagles people. All the time. Sometimes with a Lysithea pop up. all the time. So if I were making this game - just using those in game stats (most gifts that month most tea time whatever) and see that world wide everyone is wooing Black Eagles  why wouldn't i put them out first? That's clearly who is popular to a majority of people. 

Not to mention - Three Houses is driven by Edelgard. You've played the game. You know this. I love Dimitri I love Claude. I hate Edelgard. but the only 3H person i could see beating Edelgard would have been Byleth -and clearly that's not the case.

in other news. 
This would have been a "spend 200 orbs or so kinda banner) on colourless and blue but no can do. I am so bummed. beacuse i think this would have been really the only chance i had to get a larum. 

The other two houses are still very well liked and should still get a lot of love, but they don't. It's always Edelgard or Black Eagles. In the Heroes comics, just about any one that focuses on TH has mostly Edelgard or Black Eagles focus. Both of the more recent TH banners had two Black Eagles characters while the other two houses just got one. And Edelgard was shoved into the TH video Heroes just posted and there was no representation for the Blue Lions. Why? Balance it out more, please. There are several popular characters in the Blue Lions and Golden Deer too. Heck, nearly all the Blue Lions males are more popular than the Black Eagles save for Edelgard. And yet none of them besides Dimitri are in.

Just because something happens to be popular doesn't mean you have to constantly milk it. Look what happened with Fates. People got sick of it.

Just now, NSSKG151 said:

But I don't really care about Edelgard since she doesn't really provide any useful fodder for me so the banner is a skip for me.

She got Armored Stride though, which means armor units can finally keep up in a Tactics team.

Dying laughing at IS not giving a single damn about spoilers

Her art looks great~ Banner's an easy skip tho~ If this is to suggest Dimitri's coming soon, then I need to save everything I have~

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Called it. I knew they would bring out a big name character for Golden Week. Pretty much guessed everything right too besides blue. But I don't really care about Edelgard since she doesn't really provide any useful fodder for me so the banner is a skip for me. One pull for a green orb and I'm out. Now I just need to focus on what will appear on the New Heroes banner next week and then I can finally decide how many orbs I should spend on the Archanean banner.

Surprised B!Eliwood isn't here.

that's what's missing.

Eliwood. LOL i was like how is Tsubasa already here, they've missed someone and i couldn't think who it was. Eliwood. 
yeah weird that he's not. 

2 hours ago, XRay said:

She got Armored Stride though, which means armor units can finally keep up in a Tactics team.

I don't find Armored Stride that useful though. Especially in a tactics team where positioning units is going to be tricky to set up to get the benefits of both Armored Stride and tactic boosts. Plus if I'm using armors I would rather stick with an Armor Emblem team.

Green is tempting. I want to keep saving, but... hmm. Some cool skills, but I don't think she's as good as she looks on the surface. Maybe I'll just pull green on the initial session and then bail.

Wonder what they'll do for her CYL version. Also wondering how often we're likely to see Armored Stride going forward.

I'm still guessing Hel for next month, despite the color share.

I theory crafted a build for her a while back, and she basically has what I expected. I was thinking Raging Storm would be the special and would have a Pain+ effect after the Galeforce triggers, to emulate her battalion. I wanted to save for the 3 Houses Lord's Legendary alts, but that 30 year anniversary banner already drained my orb statch.

7 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Guys! Guys!

L!Edelgard.PNG.a7a1bb7c5a42410d1463970eb7f7156e.PNG = Armored_Lord.jpg.832c860efb83c9dd8e0a910f7847854c.jpg

So...

B!Edelgard.PNG.6f892be1dc8e61a063066376ebf2fdb3.PNG = Edelgard_emperor.jpg.ba6b97895630d9d6c64c88817f11c022.jpg

Could we same for the other House Leaders? Huh? Huhhhh?

Are you implying that her CYL will be Emperor? I was thinking they might do something more creative like a flier mage. She could keep the Emperor armor though.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

that's what's missing.

Eliwood. LOL i was like how is Tsubasa already here, they've missed someone and i couldn't think who it was. Eliwood. 
yeah weird that he's not. 

I can only assume that they are going to have those 5% Golden Week banners for the CYL characters again like last year and didn't want to run him twice in such a short time. But then that just brings up the question of why not put Sirius here instead since he hasn't appeared on any banner since his debut in September.

First thought when I saw the thumbnail: Claude is coming. Gotta save for him.

I'm basically not pulling until Caeda gets rerun on the Double Special Heroes banner after May's Mythic banner unless something enticing shows up.  

To be fair, Flame Emperor's name in Japanese is gender-neutral whereas Edelgard's title in Japanese is strictly feminine (i.e. is actually "Flame Empress"). I'll assume their use of "Flame Emperor" as her title is due to the localization of Three Houses (as I still haven't played the game and even if I did, it would be in Japanese).

As for the unit itself, we finally have an inheritable solo version of Armor March, which is really nice. Her base skill set looks pretty solid, though she'll need to switch out Bonfire for a 2-cooldown Special since she doesn't have anything that boosts Special charge rate.

Otherwise, she looks like a ball of stats that you can just send charging at the enemy, which is nice.

As for the banner, Nagi and Celica as the consolation prize is really, really nice. I think I might actually spend a bit on this banner.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Look what happened with Fates. People got sick of it.

If enough people aren't sick of it yet, there's no reason to stop milking it.

Based on the current up/downvote ratio, I think they're still in the clear.

If you don't like it, that's not their problem if there are still enough people who don't mind. Everyone has characters they like and don't like.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I was expecting the CYL versions to be new, future takes on them. Like, Edelgard 5 years AFTER the war, Dimitri 5 years after, Claude and Lysithea 5 years after... it would be cool to see them interact together, with them knowing what happened to each of them after their victories... same thing with Lysithea. Maybe she 

Spoiler

Found a cure for her disease and her hair changes color?

Anyway, I’ll pull for free a bit. I don’t have Nagi, but she’s a bit of a dud. Celica and Edelgard would be cool though. Colorless is a nice backup. Mystic Boost is nice, and I don’t have Larum or Silque, though they aren’t the most desirable to me at the moment. Blue is not bad for a lineup, but I already have all 3 of them and don’t need more. A second Duo Ephraim would be nice for collection purposes, though hehe.

Red is a hard skip as I have all of them and they’re fine as they are.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The other two houses are still very well liked and should still get a lot of love, but they don't. It's always Edelgard or Black Eagles. In the Heroes comics, just about any one that focuses on TH has mostly Edelgard or Black Eagles focus. Both of the more recent TH banners had two Black Eagles characters while the other two houses just got one. And Edelgard was shoved into the TH video Heroes just posted and there was no representation for the Blue Lions. Why? Balance it out more, please. There are several popular characters in the Blue Lions and Golden Deer too. Heck, nearly all the Blue Lions males are more popular than the Black Eagles save for Edelgard. And yet none of them besides Dimitri are in.

Just because something happens to be popular doesn't mean you have to constantly milk it. Look what happened with Fates. People got sick of it.

I didn't say they weren't well liked, nor did I say they shouldn't get love. What I said was - you shouldn't be surprised that the Black Eagles is the one getting most of the attention. Three Houses is Edelgard's story. The story doesn't happen without Edelgard and her decision making. Dimitri and Claude play strong roles here, but everything about Edelgard going up to the very first trailer was about Edelgard. I even told you statistically how Black eagles does (in the game. forget outside sources) in regards to popularity, not to mention that Edelgard is a driving force. yeah. lets all be shocked and surprised that Edelard's the first 3H Legendary and cry about bias. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If enough people aren't sick of it yet, there's no reason to stop milking it.

Based on the current up/downvote ratio, I think they're still in the clear.

If you don't like it, that's not their problem if there are enough people who don't mind. Everyone has characters they like and don't like.

True, but the point is why wait until people DO get sick of it? Why not keep that from happening? I don't think IS wants another situation like Adrift where it was massively disliked or how people are getting tired of all the Camilla and Lyn alts. Heroes revenue had already begun dropping, and nobody wants it to drop more.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

I didn't say they weren't well liked, nor did I say they shouldn't get love. What I said was - you shouldn't be surprised that the Black Eagles is the one getting most of the attention. Three Houses is Edelgard's story. The story doesn't happen without Edelgard and her decision making. Dimitri and Claude play strong roles here, but everything about Edelgard going up to the very first trailer was about Edelgard. I even told you statistically how Black eagles does (in the game. forget outside sources) in regards to popularity, not to mention that Edelgard is a driving force. yeah. lets all be shocked and surprised that Edelard's the first 3H Legendary and cry about bias. 

Well, I am surprised. Given that each house has a lord, a full route, and they're all very well loved to some degree, I thought they'd all get equal treatment. I didn't expect to see Black Eagles and Edelgard all the time.

2 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Are you implying that her CYL will be Emperor? I was thinking they might do something more creative like a flier mage. She could keep the Emperor armor though.

Ooh, Hidden talents! Those'd be so awesome at some point too! I gotta get to work, starting with "Mage-lgard". 😆

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I can only assume that they are going to have those 5% Golden Week banners for the CYL characters again like last year and didn't want to run him twice in such a short time. But then that just brings up the question of why not put Sirius here instead since he hasn't appeared on any banner since his debut in September.

hmm
we've already had that. (for anniversary) but that has to be it. 
Sirius.. hasn't even had a Heroes W/Banner.I don't think... hold on

Yeah. just checked the archives. Sirius hasn't had a banner at all since his debut. 
And he's got great food so i'm not sure why the skip (unless they wanted Tsubasa there to be "Caeda" aka 30th banner thing) and that's the closest that you could get. 
This one kinda hurts because I want merges on Tsubasa. but bigger fish to fry. 

Sirius is the new Luke, I guess. lol Remember how Luke went so long without being on any banner except at his debut? He was the rarest character in the game due to that and probably still is one of the rarest. XD

I still can't believe I got him and with +Atk, -Res. And I like him a lot. Another funny womanizer for me to enjoy!

Going back on topic, I do hope I don't have to spend too many orbs to merge Hrid a bit more. That New Heroes banner could have someone or more than one someone that I'll want.

Edited by Anacybele

This trailer is getting quite a few dislikes. So even having three versions is enough to get people mad when a female lord gets a legendary alt. Oddly enough Celica is the only female lord that didn't get a ton of flack for being legendary. Probably because Alm came out long before her. 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but the point is why wait until people DO get sick of it? Why not keep that from happening?

Because there's a balance to be struck between capitalizing on the game's and characters' popularity and overusing them. There are a lot of people who think they are being too slow at implementing Three Houses characters to begin with.

As for the emphasis on the Eagles, @daisy jane's argument seems pretty solid, so I'll defer to that since I haven't played the game yet (but I really should eventually).

Which reminds me that I should go and claim my free Byleth before that expires.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

This trailer is getting quite a few dislikes.

It's only been out for a total of 1 hour. Dislikes tend to pile on faster than likes due to how human psychology works, but also fall off sooner for the same reason.

It still has about 75-80% likes right now, which I think is perfectly fine.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I wonder if Brave Axe would be good for Galeforce builds.

If Galeforce even works properly alongside her B skill. What happens if they'd both trigger from the same round of combat?