So, I gave Sothe adept.

Mufasa

On my last playthrough, I had an extra adept lying around, so I gave it to Sothe to see how he would do.

Needless to say, he did a lot better than he used to. But in ways that you wouldn't expect. He managed to critical more often, he activated Bane several times, and when it was appropriate. It was almost as if he's been holding back because I haven't given him adept before. Like somehow the skill makes him an overall better unit.

But you know what? Fuck him. If he's gonna be a little bitch and suck on purpose just because I give the adept scroll to someone else, then that makes me hate him even more. I'm NOT going to save an adept scroll for him, just because he refuses to do a good job without it, when I can give it to other units, who work their ass off to kill without it. Adept is a luxury. Not something you should rely on.

So I'm benching Sothe from now on for Gareth. THAT'S how much I hate Sothe. I'm using fucking Gareth over him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my last playthrough, I had an extra adept lying around, so I gave it to Sothe to see how he would do.

Needless to say, he did a lot better than he used to. But in ways that you wouldn't expect. He managed to critical more often, he activated Bane several times, and when it was appropriate. It was almost as if he's been holding back because I haven't given him adept before. Like somehow the skill makes him an overall better unit.

But you know what? Fuck him. If he's gonna be a little bitch and suck on purpose just because I give the adept scroll to someone else, then that makes me hate him even more. I'm NOT going to save an adept scroll for him, just because he refuses to do a good job without it, when I can give it to other units, who work their ass off to kill without it. Adept is a luxury. Not something you should rely on.

So I'm benching Sothe from now on for Gareth. THAT'S how much I hate Sothe. I'm using fucking Gareth over him.

Gareth...Sothe is way more useful XD

Sothe is a decent fighter, but if he had a different class (like Trueblade), he'd be he most broken character in the game. His lock to Knives and Thief caps make him bad, but not really the the worst unit in the game, or at least as bad as Gareth.

I notice you make alot of silly spelling errors in your topic title, but besides that... What are you doing benching Sothe? You are a fool for benching him, especially for... for... Gareth. I mean, Gareth? Useless. What the fuck useless, even. Gareth brings a whole new meaning of useless. And in simple mathematical terms: Gareth = Fail.

Edited by Raven

Sothe is a decent fighter, but if he had a different class (like Trueblade), he'd be he most broken character in the game. His lock to Knives and Thief caps make him bad, but not really the the worst unit in the game, or at least as bad as Gareth.

I don't care. The fact is, he sucks. his limitations aren't over compensated for his good points IMO. And Baselard's ability goes to waste on him. Volke is a much better choice, but it's not like you even have a choice. Which makes me hate him even more.

Sothe is better with Peshkatz... The ability to attack from 2 away with a great stat weapon (for its type) is just awesome.

Sothe atleast has the ability to kill stuff. Pretty good critical rate, Bane, great speed (and good avoid), and the ability to use Adept well. He has a good support with Micaiah and the ability to open chests and steal stuff. None of the dragons, especially not Gareth, can compare to that.

I don't care. The fact is, he sucks. his limitations aren't over compensated for his good points IMO. And Baselard's ability goes to waste on him. Volke is a much better choice, but it's not like you even have a choice. Which makes me hate him even more.

Thats kinda subjective XD

I would say Volko is stronger than Sothe. Sothe is useful because he is playable in alot of the chapters.

Sothe is better with Peshkatz... The ability to attack from 2 away with a great stat weapon (for its type) is just awesome.

Sothe atleast has the ability to kill stuff. Pretty good critical rate, Bane, great speed (and good avoid), and the ability to use Adept well. He has a good support with Micaiah and the ability to open chests and steal stuff. None of the dragons, especially not Gareth, can compare to that.

-Sothe does NOT have the ability to kill stuff. That's my whole reason for hating him. He's got one of the worst STR caps in the game, and people rely on skills and support for him to kill stuff. Which does not make for a good unit. I can give wrath and resolve to Gareth, and he can still take on a shitload of dudes. That doesn't make him good.

-Bane is a big ol waste of time, and for Sothe it barely activates, and when it does, it's always after he attacked, so he STILL can't kill shit, even after he activates his best skill. Leathiality is way better, and it's imposible to argue otherwise.

-At the endgame, there isn't much to steal, and the only chest is the one that holds Matrona. Which I could simply use one of the many chest keys that I have in my storage, to make up for it. So, there's no credibility as to why he's needed in the endgame for that.

-And the dragons aren't perfect, far from it. And I'd kick out Sothe for someone like Zihark, Volke, etc, anyday. But I have to take Sothe, and the only other option is Either Gareth or Ena. So I pick one of them. And I pick Gareth, to add insult to injury.

Thats kinda subjective XD

I would say Volko is stronger than Sothe. Sothe is useful because he is playable in alot of the chapters.

No it's not subjective.

Volke has a built in 25% crit rate. Baselard adds 15%. And Volke has high skill. So I give him gamble. With the combination of all that, it has happened on several occassions, when Volke has a 100% hit rate, and a 100% crit rate.

With Sothe, all he has to add to his crit is the bond with Micaiah. Which he may not always be around the chick. (As much as the whinny character wants to be.) So Baselard's boost goes to waste on him. And he has a much lower attack than Volke. So the dagger is fine, but the wielder sucks.

-Sothe does NOT have the ability to kill stuff. That's my whole reason for hating him. He's got one of the worst STR caps in the game, and people rely on skills and support for him to kill stuff. Which does not make for a good unit. I can give wrath and resolve to Gareth, and he can still take on a shitload of dudes. That doesn't make him good.

-Bane is a big ol waste of time, and for Sothe it barely activates, and when it does, it's always after he attacked, so he STILL can't kill shit, even after he activates his best skill. Leathiality is way better, and it's imposible to argue otherwise.

-At the endgame, there isn't much to steal, and the only chest is the one that holds Matrona. Which I could simply use one of the many chest keys that I have in my storage, to make up for it. So, there's no credibility as to why he's needed in the endgame for that.

-And the dragons aren't perfect, far from it. And I'd kick out Sothe for someone like Zihark, Volke, etc, anyday. But I have to take Sothe, and the only other option is Either Gareth or Ena. So I pick one of them. And I pick Gareth, to add insult to injury.

You must really hate Sothe :/

It's fine if you don't want to use him though....he is not that useless...you making him sound as useless as Oliver lol

Edited by Luxord

No it's not subjective.

Volke has a built in 25% crit rate. Baselard adds 15%. And Volke has high skill. So I give him gamble. With the combination of all that, it has happened on several occassions, when Volke has a 100% hit rate, and a 100% crit rate.

With Sothe, all he has to add to his crit is the bond with Micaiah. Which he may not always be around the chick. (As much as the whinny character wants to be.) So Baselard's boost goes to waste on him. And he has a much lower attack than Volke. So the dagger is fine, but the wielder sucks.

Is that the only thing you can point out XD

Try playing hard mode without touching Sothe and see if he's useless.
Somehow I doubt he'll make it through part one XD.

Hm. True. You guys have got me there. Sothe is invaluable in Part 1. And it's probably impossible to get through without him.

But wait....

Great unit at the beginning....

Lousy unit at the end....

SOTHE'S A JEIGAN!