So, I gave Sothe adept.

Mufasa

Hm. True. You guys have got me there. Sothe is invaluable in Part 1. And it's probably impossible to get through without him.

But wait....

Great unit at the beginning....

Lousy unit at the end....

SOTHE'S A JEIGAN!

Actually he's a decent unit at the end. Unlike Gareth and some other crap units, he can accomplish something.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually he's a decent unit at the end. Unlike Gareth and some other crap units, he can accomplish something.

He can accomplish the same thing Gareth can. Gareth may not always hit, but when he does hit, he kills. Sothe can't kill, and there's nothing worthwhile to steal. He's a useless utility.

Let's be completely honest here. If Sothe were an optional character. Would you pick him over Volke? Volke is clearly more deadly and is superior in battle prowess. The differece between them is clear enough in thier master skills. Volke will kill anything instantly, and Sothe will weaken the enemy, but can't finish them off in one turn.

You'd have to be an idiot to pick Sothe over Volke, or you'd have to have a severe attachement to him. (Which is pretty much saying the same thing.)

He can accomplish the same thing Gareth can. Gareth may not always hit, but when he does hit, he kills. Sothe can't kill, and there's nothing worthwhile to steal. He's a useless utility.

Let's be completely honest here. If Sothe were an optional character. Would you pick him over Volke? Volke is clearly more deadly and is superior in battle prowess. The differece between them is clear enough in thier master skills. Volke will kill anything instantly, and Sothe will weaken the enemy, but can't finish them off in one turn.

You'd have to be an idiot to pick Sothe over Volke, or you'd have to have a severe attachement to him. (Which is pretty much saying the same thing.)

Actually I'ld pick a Trueblade, Marksman, or 2nd Reaver above any of them.

He is totally usable at endgame. He may not have the ability to kill like other units, but with his good skill and speed, he is very reliable and can provide good support for Micaiah.

Sothe is a semi-Jeigan. He's too important to be considered a Jeigan, yet not important enough to be considered a lord. Of course I would pick Volke over Sothe, but that's not an option. What's wrong with adding Volke to your final party and giving Sothe Peshkatz? There are 10 free slots, one for pretty much every SS weapon type. Sword, Axe, Lance, Knife, Bow, Dark (this is only assuming you used Pelleas, which doesn't happen all the time), Light (Micaiah has this one covered anyway), Wind, Fire, Thunder. You have 1 or 2 slots left for any other units, maybe for Laguz. 10 slots is enough. Sothe is the worst because he takes up a mandatory spot? Shouldn't you be complaining about Ena?

He is totally usable at endgame. He may not have the ability to kill like other units, but with his good skill and speed, he is very reliable and can provide good support for Micaiah.

I could give someone else to support Micaiah. And yeah, he could be useable. But why should I be forced to have him, when there are at least 10 other units, outside of the ones you take normally, that I'd rather use.

Sothe is a semi-Jeigan. He's too important to be considered a Jeigan, yet not important enough to be considered a lord. Of course I would pick Volke over Sothe, but that's not an option. What's wrong with adding Volke to your final party and giving Sothe Peshkatz? There are 10 free slots, one for pretty much every SS weapon type. Sword, Axe, Lance, Knife, Bow, Dark (this is only assuming you used Pelleas, which doesn't happen all the time), Light (Micaiah has this one covered anyway), Wind, Fire, Thunder. You have 1 or 2 slots left for any other units, maybe for Laguz. 10 slots is enough. Sothe is the worst because he takes up a mandatory spot? Shouldn't you be complaining about Ena?

I do do that. But there are other units I'd like to take other than Volke, that I can't because of the small amount of units available. As for Ena, I think she should be booted too. But at least she has a purpose story-wise. While Sothe pretty much disappears after the first part of the endgame.

I could give someone else to support Micaiah. And yeah, he could be useable. But why should I be forced to have him, when there are at least 10 other units, outside of the ones you take normally, that I'd rather use.

I do do that. But there are other units I'd like to take other than Volke, that I can't because of the small amount of units available. As for Ena, I think she should be booted too. But at least she has a purpose story-wise. While Sothe pretty much disappears after the first part of the endgame.

I find it ironic that you complain so much about Sothe, who IMO is the best of the required units other than Ike (and if you count healing, which can be done better by other characters, Micaiah).

You barely complain about the crap that is any, and have yet to mention Sanaki, who's is outclassed by Soren, Pelleas, Bastian, Calill, Tormod, and Micaiah... hell, I'ld pick Illyana over Sanaki.

I don't like being required to take a heron either, but atleast they are useful.

I find it ironic that you complain so much about Sothe, who IMO is the best of the required units other than Ike (and if you count healing, which can be done better by other characters, Micaiah).

You barely complain about the crap that is any, and have yet to mention Sanaki, who's is outclassed by Soren, Pelleas, Bastian, Calill, Tormod, and Micaiah... hell, I'ld pick Illyana over Sanaki.

I don't like being required to take a heron either, but atleast they are useful.

I do feel that way about Sanaki. BUT, she's very important to the storyline. So I understand that she has to be present at the endgame.

But Sothe has little to no contribution to the storyline in the endgame. There's no reason for him to be there. He even admits it himself.

I do feel that way about Sanaki. BUT, she's very important to the storyline. So I understand that she has to be present at the endgame.

But Sothe has little to no contribution to the storyline in the endgame. There's no reason for him to be there. He even admits it himself.

Well, maybe instead of blaming Sothe for being required, you should be complaining that the unit cap is to low. The required units (other than Ike and Micaiah) shouldn't even count towards your total. Sothe was added in because he and Micaiah can never be apart (they are the single clingiest couple in FE, which isn't necessarily a bad thing). Ena and the other useless dragon are required to piss everyone off.

Sanaki's role isn't that important IMO, and could easily be done by Ike. I wasn't really overjoyed that Sanaki was even playable.

Uhm...Sanaki is far better then Tormod and Bastian.

She's easy to train and has better availability then at least Tormod...

I mean...TORMOD!!!!!

It's more like...

Soren >>> Ilyana > Pelleas > Sanaki = Michiah > Calil > Bastian >>>>>> Tormod = Fail

Uhm...Sanaki is far better then Tormod and Bastian.

She's easy to train and has better availability then at least Tormod...

I mean...TORMOD!!!!!

It's more like...

Soren >>> Ilyana > Pelleas > Sanaki = Michiah > Calil > Bastian >>>>>> Tormod = Fail

Wrong... Sanaki can't heal and she is no more useful than Bastian.

The inability to heal anyone puts her behind every sage, except maybe Tormod, in usefulness.

And lol @ Pelleas being below Ilyana.

Wrong... Sanaki can't heal and she is no more useful than Bastian.

The inability to heal anyone puts her behind every sage, except maybe Tormod, in usefulness.

And lol @ Pelleas being below Ilyana.

Healin is overrated in a game where Vulneries have ten uses and heal 20 Damage.

Healin is overrated in a game where Vulneries have ten uses and heal 20 Damage.

You forget that that costs your unit their turn on the offensive.

The lack of a physic staff kills Sanaki.\

And vulneraries aren't always enough. Often they will not heal enough to save your character.

Edited by Chris Lionheart

Sanaki is not equal to Micaiah... I'd rather not have to use Sanaki, she fails badly. I'd like to raise Tormod just to see how he turns out. I've never used him in a mainstream party before.

Edited by Raven

Sanaki is not equal to Micaiah... I'd rather not have to use Sanaki, she fails badly. I'd like to raise Tormod just to see how he turns out. I've never used him in a mainstream party before.

Tormod is pretty good. He capped everything as a Arch Sage :blink: Well for me anyway.

Tormod is pretty good. He capped everything as a Arch Sage :blink: Well for me anyway.

At the cost of devouring your BEXP....

At any rate he is better than Sanaki, but what Sage isn't?

And I have yet to see how Bastian is bad. He's definitely a viable substitute to Soren if for some reason you haven't been using him.

*posting after reading just the first post*

Lyle... How could you bench (one of) my favorite characters for Gareth???? GARETH!!! Have you seen Hika's sig? Sothe is more than that! *Sigh* Oh well, I will always have the joys of using Sothe

At the cost of devouring your BEXP....

At any rate he is better than Sanaki, but what Sage isn't?

And I have yet to see how Bastian is bad. He's definitely a viable substitute to Soren if for some reason you haven't been using him.

No I leveled him up because I didn't take many units with me.

I gave him some BEXP

*posting after reading just the first post*

Lyle... How could you bench (one of) my favorite characters for Gareth???? GARETH!!! Have you seen Hika's sig? Sothe is more than that! *Sigh* Oh well, I will always have the joys of using Sothe

I'm sorry CGV. But I can't take his crap anymore. I'd be kinder to Sothe if he wasn't forced, or if he had higher attack, but I give all my adepts to swordmasters, which I take at least two each time. And the one I have left over goes to Kurth for the time being. And Sothe having to rely on a skill, when there are other units that are more suited for the endgame and don't have to rely on a skill to be good.

And Gareth...I haven't used him too much. But I'm interested. And he was okay.

Why don't you just kill him :/

Then you won't have to put up with him ;)

Cause then I have to restart. <_<

And that still doesn't give me the chance to take someone else to the endgame.

On my last playthrough, I had an extra adept lying around, so I gave it to Sothe to see how he would do.

Needless to say, he did a lot better than he used to. But in ways that you wouldn't expect. He managed to critical more often, he activated Bane several times, and when it was appropriate. It was almost as if he's been holding back because I haven't given him adept before. Like somehow the skill makes him an overall better unit.

But you know what? Fuck him. If he's gonna be a little bitch and suck on purpose just because I give the adept scroll to someone else, then that makes me hate him even more. I'm NOT going to save an adept scroll for him, just because he refuses to do a good job without it, when I can give it to other units, who work their ass off to kill without it. Adept is a luxury. Not something you should rely on.

So I'm benching Sothe from now on for Gareth. THAT'S how much I hate Sothe. I'm using fucking Gareth over him.

LAWLZ.

Wow that Sothey was good. :0

If you give Sothe an Adept (which I always do), he becomes quite usable for the final levels. Sothe has horrible stat caps (he capped everything except Def and Res for me at Lv. 15), but he can kill most any enemy with Baselard. And he's a heck of a lot better than the dragons. Plus, you get plenty of time throughout the game to train him.

But yes, Volke is much better and it sucks that Sothe is required for the final level. Lethality >>>>>>>>>Bane