Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Reached 20 deployments with Melua, so I loaded the next map and quit without saving after witnessing Infinity Caliber. Crashing into the enemy while riding a dragon head of crystallized orgone energy... well, it's not a sword, and creative from little I know, I like that.πŸ‰πŸ˜ƒ Fire Emblem should teach the next big evil Manakete to do that. This said it is relatively brief compared to-

*Checks the Granteed Dracodeus's GBA animations online.*

...what? The ultimate J Original attacks visually differ based on the sub-pilot? 😲

Melua's for the Granteed Dracodeus is the only variant that doesn't involve a sword, so I think I prefer her's. Melua's is also the only one that screams "dracodeus". But I like it that they were even nice enough to differentiate the two sword versions. A full-body orgone blast that traps that enemy in a crystal, followed by downward slash for Katia. While Festenia starts by point-blank energy-blasting the enemy sky-high from below them, and then throwing the (different blade design even) sword upwards and impaling them. I feel like these would be better for a dragonslayer than a dragon god though, -not that a dragon god can't slay a dragon.

*Checks the Coustwell Brachium's.*

Festenia is definitely best girl with this one. Katia's is the worst, it is more-or-less an enhanced version of vanilla Coustwell's Orgone Finish, but I don't like the big hand. Melua's goes all-in on those shoulder-mounted drones giving the enemy a good bashing (without a single laser fired), and then ends things with a tidal wave of orgone energy, it's decidedly the least "physical" of the three, and much better than Katia's. Festenia's Orgone Brachium Finish was the one I saw ingame, but even with that bias, it's simply "objectively" the best. It's the fastest and most action packed, a relentless flurry of punches and kicks including: shadow clones, warping around (or moving too fast to be seen), and some use of the drones too. It embodies the Coustwell's design the best I must say.

Thank you Banpresto for this unexpected surprise.πŸ™‡β€β™‚οΈ They might all be functionally the same in gameplay, but I appreciate these very distinctive visual variations.

That said, I probably won't field Melua again until the final battle, to go for the fourth ending variant. 1-range only is a bit of a limitation against bosses, and Orgone Dragon Wave is a mere 200 power less yet has actual range, I'll stick to that instead, not a problem.Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Thank you, man. If we were in person, I would kiss you.

Also, you're on your second playthrough and it's past the halfway point of the game. At this rate you'll finish it before I get to scenario 20.

You're welcome!πŸ˜€ It's the least I could do.

And, don't be like me, I have the luxury of excessive time and a dearth of responsibilities to no-life like this. Also, autistic people like myself can sometimes go overboard with the things we're interested in, SRW & me seems to be an instance of that.πŸ˜…

My pace of play is slowing now that I'm entering the late/endgame. Even if this is easier than the midgame I'd say b/c the heroes more or less have acquired all their plot upgrades and nearly every companion. But, it is nonetheless the case I have only 11 battles left to fight, and I know what to expect from most of them this time.

And if that wasn't crazy enough, I've already contemplated a third and a fourth run -but just because I'm planning them, doesn't mean I'll rush into either anytime soon, if ever. Planning/coming up with themed playthroughs is sometimes more fun than actually going through them,Β and much less time-intensive.πŸ˜†

Β 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hey so is there anywhere I’m gonna NEED this? Like Merric with rescue? Dropping Kris on the thief and then having him run for dear life is looking really tempting. I mean idk how feasible it is to go through 2 nosferatus from now until the end of the game because I never used the one Linde joined with, but a 3rd wouldn’t hurt. Probably.

FE12 Warp? Fun fact- Lunatic replaces the droppable Warp staff with a Fortify.

Meaning- you don't NEED it, because you can't GET it on the highest difficulty, ever. The second highest difficulty sure don't require it if the highest bans it altogether. Unless nobody has ever actually finished New Mystery Lunatic, for a mere mortal of middling ability like myself, it's very possible that that's the case.πŸ˜›

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have this weird realization that giving Derrick Search and Watchful actually makes perfect sense for him.
At least it's most certainly implied that he isn't just doing mercenary work solely to pay the bills.

Of course Search is also rarely used during side missions. But Derrick is all about impractical, but personality defining skills. Not like he has much use for Mercy either. And Throw is not bad per se, but it's a bad sign if an armor has to be scared of 0 range combat.

Every time I dare to play Project Zomboid, it amazes me the lengths this game will go to make your character useless.

So I found a gun and 60 bullets in the house I spawned at. Awesome, game won, right? Well, except, here's where it gets funny: I only have one magazine. So every time I want to reload, my character has to extract the mag, manually add bullets to it, then slide it back in. Oh, and she can't shoot for shit. I actually feel more safe with a cleaver than I do with the stupid gun.

Also I tried cooking a delicious, nutritious microwave sausage. The first time it worked surprisingly okay, I got my fill. The second time I set the house on fire. I don't even know how that happened, I've never tried cooking a sausage on a microwave. The house didn't have anything else, okay?

Lmao 8 speed! 8 speed! I love her.

But actually, Sheena and Samson do have one of the cooler recruitments in the series. I like how they revert to enemies if you kill any Gra soldiers after recruiting them.

LMAO FROST

Edited by Sooks

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Lmao 8 speed! 8 speed! I love her.

But actually, Sheena and Samson do have one of the cooler recruitments in the series. I like how they revert to enemies if you kill any Gra soldiers after recruiting them.

Fun fact: This did not happen in the original. In fact, the ideal strategy there was to recruit Sheema, then train her up with her own soldiers. Gameplay-story integration!

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

LMAO FROST

The implication that he chased Marth's army all the way up to Anri's Way, then went back home to Macedon, only to depart again to chase them all the way to Gra. This old coot really just did two laps of the continent because he's thankful that Marth indirectly helped him. He's the best.

7 minutes ago, gnip said:

Hey, don't bully the poor man. Ruben threatened to kill his family.

That dick Ruben, he doesn't deserve the gift of life.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That dick Ruben, he doesn't deserve the gift of life.

I know you are only saying these sorts of things in good fun, but sometimes it feels as though you may be a bit too harsh on yourself.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I know you are only saying these sorts of things in good fun, but sometimes it feels as though you may be a bit too harsh on yourself.

But I'm not talking about myself this time lol

Still, that's sweet of you. I appreciate the sentiment.

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

'nother Ruben: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Ruben

Which isn't to say that I would put it beyond the other Ruben to threaten a video game character's family if, or rather when, it amuses him

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I'm not talking about myself this time lol

Still, that's sweet of you. I appreciate the sentiment.

Β 

1 minute ago, gnip said:

'nother Ruben: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Ruben

Which isn't to say that I would put it beyond the other Ruben to threaten a video game character's family if, or rather when, it amuses him

That's... honestly a serious relief. I don't want to see anyone do that to themselves. It's difficult to read when it happens around here.Β 

3 minutes ago, gnip said:

Never does cease to amuse me that I have a FE namesake, but he's a massive deserting dick who threatens the family of one of my weird FE favorites. It's perfect.

2 minutes ago, gnip said:

I am fairly certain I've done it multiple times before already, at that.

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

That's... honestly a serious relief. I don't want to see anyone do that to themselves. It's difficult to read when it happens around here.Β 

It's okay, glad to clear up the misunderstanding!

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact: This did not happen in the original. In fact, the ideal strategy there was to recruit Sheema, then train her up with her own soldiers. Gameplay-story integration!

It was ideal to train her in the original? I wonder if this game lets you have her kill Gra soldiers

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The implication that he chased Marth's army all the way up to Anri's Way, then went back home to Macedon, only to depart again to chase them all the way to Gra. This old coot really just did two laps of the continent because he's thankful that Marth indirectly helped him. He's the best.

It’s funny how the game just can’t stop with the memes.

1 hour ago, gnip said:

This makes more sense.

And is funny and cool.

Oh, Christ, the nomad trooper animations are broken now.

When, how, why did the nomad trooper animations break...?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It was ideal to train her in the original? I wonder if this game lets you have her kill Gra soldiers

No, she and Samson cannot attack the Gra soldiers. The attack command doesn't even show.

It’s funny how the game just can’t stop with the memes.

That's what happens when you want to give every single Archanea character one last hurrah by fitting them into a 20-24 chapter game.

This makes more sense.

And is funny and cool.

There are a lot of ways to have a FE namesake, and out of all them, this is one.

Oh, no...

I can't test out the Galle boss replacement, because his appearance event is not there. They fucking hardcoded Galle showing up! Jesus Christ, I swear everything about that guy's just so fucking strange... His character data is in the middle of all the recruitables and everything. If only they'd actually made him playable. Was it really so important to have a shitty-ass Camus? Brunnya was already there!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, no...

I can't test out the Galle boss replacement, because his appearance event is not there. They fucking hardcoded Galle showing up! Jesus Christ, I swear everything about that guy's just so fucking strange... His character data is in the middle of all the recruitables and everything. If only they'd actually made him playable. Was it really so important to have a shitty-ass Camus? Brunnya was already there!

FE6 organisation is terrible!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, no...

From what I remember reading up... yes, he may have actually been planned to be recruitable. Why it got scrapped, who knows. Maybe they thought tragic-ness sells.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

From what I remember reading up... yes, he may have actually been planned to be recruitable. Why it got scrapped, who knows. Maybe they thought tragic-ness sells.

He very much was, and everything weird about him technically, lack of a boss theme, strange AI that makes him easy to avoid, his data's placement in the middle of the recruitables... It all points towards him being recruitable.

Honestly, I've never felt like he worked as a Camus all that well anyway. He seems rather reasonable the whole way through, but then changes gears at the very end out of loyalty to Murdock - which isn't completely unreasonable, but like... When Zeiss was torn up about Melady's betrayal, he's the one that convinces him to hear his sister out, and this leads to Zeiss's defection. Why don't you do that dude?