Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

OAaTy1p.jpg

Goodness, the Deep Roads are long. Not complaining, it makes sense that they are, but they are long.

9LYtZSK.jpg

Just entered the Dead Trenches, and it feels like it's still a long ways to go. Fights have been going pretty well thus far, with the most dangerous one being a giant spider queen who had that move where she webs the entire party, disappears from the fight for a little while, and summons a handful of regular giant spiders - she did that three times during the fight, I believe.

I do miss having Morrigan as a primary spellcaster around. Heroofferelden runs out of mana very quickly with all of his passives, and I try not to use blood magic too often. Generally just a matter of activate Blood Magic -> throw out Blood Would against a large group of enemies -> deactivate BM.

Not sure who I'll use as my fourth party member after Orzammar - maybe Shale because Shale is cool, or Oghrin because I'm not very familiar with him yet. I actually spec'ed him to be a sword-and-board fighter, and he's running around wearing good ol' King Cailan's gear. Final option would be Wynne, as a Arcane Warrior tank, just because that would be funny. Although I might save that one for a later playthrough where I'm not playing a mage myself.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Eva tanking can be cool if there was alot of setup for it needed.

Yeah, there is not effort involved in CS dodge tanking. Zero risk very high reward lmao.

41 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

All that Trails talk reminds me of...

Hide contents

8H4Kmwx.png

I should make an FE version

I love this fucking image. Powerlevels are so stupid too lol.

Oh and the "Classic Falcom" image is my phone's home screen image. I resonate with that so much.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

All that Trails talk reminds me of...

Reveal hidden contents

8H4Kmwx.png

I also say Reans true love was Crow, clearly someone agreed with me! Lmao

Well, I'm feeling much better about things... might change my mind again on some things. If nothing else...

Salem Sometime I Just Like To Hear Myself Talk GIF - Salem Sometime I Just Like To Hear Myself ...

Won't put the links back in my sig, however. I don't think they really were doing a whole lot.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20230814110138.png

A "fairy".

Honestly he wouldn't be out of place in a Zelda game.

gsdx-20230814113944.png

DIE!

First boss fight in the game is the other MC group.

This is a 3-on-3 FYI. Turns out Maid is Rich Girl's Mana, so not playable on her own.

1. Raze's group is just a harem huh
  2. Why are they fighting?

gsdx-20230814114827.pnggsdx-20230814114840.png

Revisian Minccino has hatched. All it took was accidentally hard boiling their egg by tossing it in the cauldron. 

Proto-Fi

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm feeling much better about things

That’s good!! Glad to hear it.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yes or I will

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm feeling much better about things... might change my mind again on some things. If nothing else...

That's good! 🤗🤗🤗

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly he wouldn't be out of place in a Zelda game.

I can see what you're saying thinking about it. Not merely the LoZ carpenters, but also the clown guy who runs that one island in Skyward Sword, or the guy in charge of the cannon in Twilight Princess. Despite being one of the biggest names in gaming, Zelda isn't overly concerned with being cool, LoZ is more than willing to have some weird characters in the mix.

Raze's group is just a harem huh

gsdx-20230814205620.png

It looks like he gets this guy. The boss fight of the following chapter.

Hot martial artist in stylish black threads should light my fire.

gsdx-20230814201436.png 

...Unfortunately his portrait looks nothing like his sprite, total moodkiller. Maybe getting into combat magically recolors him and his clothes and grows some hair, IDK.

Why are they fighting?

Another academic assignment to gather some ingredients. First time Raze got to the location first, this the second time, Ulrika did. A rush to make sure they get some ingredient and turn it in first, not like it's a formal Class Flay vs. Class Tony competition with a point system or anything, even if both teachers want their students to do better.

TBF, neither Raze nor Ulrika exactly like each other. They bumped into the hallway on day one, no sparks of serendipitous love, only "Watch where you're going! Excuse me? Watch where YOU'RE going!" acrimony. Ulrika now refers to Raze as "Jerkface", a perfectly diplomatic phrase. Doesn't help Lily doesn't get along whatsoever with Ulrika either, Snobby Rich Girl vs. Girl Who Doesn't Like Being Called A "Country Bumpkin". The others in the groups aren't exactly willing to reach out to form bridges of peace.

Dysfunction between Team Raze and Team Ulrika shouldn't be unexpected, after all, internally I ain't gonna call Ulrika's misfit toys harmonious. (Just saving some space b/c a bunch of screenshots.):

Spoiler

gsdx-20230814165922.png

This came out of nowhere, the little brother of Raze's Est runs in here to escape his sister and lies he belongs to this workshop. Apparently you need at least five members to keep the private room, so with only three, they force him to stay in their bunch. Enna is your cliched bratty antisocial young boy, with a giant gauntlet/arm thing as a weapon.

And then right before the boss fight posted above...

gsdx-20230814205108.pnggsdx-20230814205156.png

Pepperoni's friend, who seems to be master of disguise (there is a zipper on the back of that white raccoon thingy), and philanderer convinced of his own cuteness.

I don't understand.

As for "Best Girl" Chloe...

gsdx-20230814181559.pnggsdx-20230814181613.png

I think I would rather die.🐛

This after being told a prior curse made Ulrika itchy for three days. And in her first bonding event, Chloe gives Ulrika a find-money blessing ...which shortens her lifespan by one day for each coin she picks up.

Like, Girl, why do you do this? It's a bit much. Ulrika by herself isn't too bad (she must be Marie's daughter as she gets bad grades, partly b/c sleeps through class and partly b/c she spends too much time adoring her newborn Mana), and Pepperoni's obsession with his own strength and cuteness is tolerable b/c he's actually nice.

I criticized Alchemists of Al-Revis in how its group felt forced together, and in the acts of creation it was. Yet, over time, I suppose the incongruent elements melded into some weird but happy cadence that managed to conceal some of the artificiality at the founding of the union. I'm afraid Gust went in the wrong direction with Fall of Alchemy, and I've a band of internally antagonistic wackos who are held together not by bonds of friendship, welds, staples, glue, or gravity, but the brute force called "The Developer Dictates It".

gsdx-20230814210048.pnggsdx-20230814205834.png

I'll be doubtful Raze has it much better with Lily possibly bossing everyone around. Perhaps more cohesive, but a downright lovable bunch? No.

Judging from the save screen, there looks to be room for six character mini-portraits. Going off the game's opening and what I've witnessed, I'm guessing Raze and Ulrika will remain forever separate from beginning to end. Ulrika's sixth teammate I'm speculating shall be the Little Witch That Rides A Puni. I think that makes them a Puni too, even though they look human? -Raze would be getting a guy in thick cliched knight armor then.

...As for other bits.:

Spoiler

gsdx-20230814203731.pnggsdx-20230814203747.png

Different minigame for mining. 

I've tried mining seven times, I failed on the first button press every time. And if you fail the first press, it stops right there, no materials get. You have to leave the dungeon and return to try that mining point again.

This is an emulated PS2 game, I'm using a wireless controller. Is this some kind latency issue? Because not being able to collect mining materials in an Atelier...🙁.

gsdx-20230814180631.png

Fishing is revised from Iris 3 & MK1, yet thankfully still plenty doable!🎣 A white curved line moves from outward towards the upper left corner, stop when it gets into that colored band, ideally the middle of it. Each success depletes the fish's "HP", which shall eventually catch it, you can catch multiple (and each catch gets you like three fish of the same species), until the red bar time limit runs out.

gsdx-20230814175003.png

Same as last time (yet this feature hasn't unlocked yet), free stuff Ulrika can force her teammates to collect stuff during the passing of the limited weeks the game consists of. Search grants AP to the character (don't do it, worthless waste of weeks, just fight instead), Gather collects ingredients from the assigned dungeon, Synth lets the character make copies of any item you've synthesized at least once -minus any resource cost (best thing to do). Can also start character bonding from this menu, that is new.

Although, eight empty slots contradicts the idea separate teams of six. Yet eight numbered the Alchemists of Al-Revis. Is it going to be 16 characters total then?

gsdx-20230814175217.pnggsdx-20230814175220.png

Hm?

gsdx-20230814175112.pnggsdx-20230814174927.png

Oh.

gsdx-20230814175232.png

😐

A third of everyone's stat increases, sealed under perfect alchemy. 

gsdx-20230814170616.pnggsdx-20230814172227.png

Both of these features return from MK1, but they've unlocked much sooner. Build Unite gauge, watch turn speed and damage deal go up until it's empty again. Tagging in Support Attacks, hitting weaknesses, and dealing multiple hits builds Unite gauge faster.

Lastly...

gsdx-20230814173226.png

Best portrait by far.

gsdx-20230814201316.pnggsdx-20230814201324.pnggsdx-20230814201346.png

Biology.

Judging from what I saw, for Chapter 3, Team Raze can't fight its own member. Instead they forcefully obtain a Puniball by fighting the three franchise-recurring Puni Bros, and Ulrika's group arrives two minutes too late to stop them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Yknow today was an oddly fitting day to start Ace Attorney considering the state of my country. Maybe we’ll be watching trials this dramatic irl one day

Spoilered more so for size because I basically ended up writing a mini LP, but also spoilers for a 22 year old game I guess

Spoiler

And as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney opens…

LaKtnpo.jpg
oh no, a young woman is lying in some spilled ketchup! How strange.

Wdym that’s blood? I think she needs to get that checked out… well, too late now.

XDAYslh.jpg
POV: you just named your rival in Pokémon.

N4tbsOY.jpg
“smell ya later” vibes, there’s no way this is real. Except it is and he’s going to trial.

g0pASUO.jpg

The fact that every person takes this seriously and no one laughs. Also, why is this judge giving me an aptitude test? Didn’t I pass the bar exam for this? Or some Japanese equivalent?

u3wTUQe.jpg
Oh so this guy is gonna be forgotten about and never gonna matter, got it. Where’s Edgeworth when you need him…

ZbGSdeq.jpg
Hey that’s not true, the witnesses I get to call should serve as ammunition too. I do get to call witnesses, right game?

Wait hold on why is my boss telling me what to do, I’m his lawyer not you—

vqYSXid.jpg

Woah when was this game made? Props for that being EXACTLY how a lawyer would actually use this term in court. Payne is the real ace attorney.

17yrWIX.jpg
Hoooly shit you’re going to jail bruh.

h5v9Ctm.jpg

Said no lawyer ever

XYlMKb6.jpg

Why do you look so stunned? Isn’t there some sort of official procedure for this?

bTOGwnl.jpg
Bro who hired this judge

D24BQU8.jpg
eYrvWP7.jpg

“You can lie in court!?!?!?”

*contradiction in proposed time frame occurs*

6p4O85n.jpg

lol this is so dramatic. Also he didn’t know this before making his claim, this could’ve totally backfired.

d79Sosk.jpg
Yes as we all know, super common knowledge. Although you could actually use this to determine vaguely where this game takes place via time zones… it’s probably Japan tho.

DeCOW72.jpg
Lmao such drama

ED1MxPM.jpg

Judge: “what happened to the witness?”

Ql8gHoO.jpg
YOURE IN THE SAME COURT ROOM, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON

XylgLlJ.jpg

BUvhBF8.jpg
“well your honor, I am the main protagonist”

dF819PY.jpgAnd so losing in court causes Me. Did It to, uh… get rabies and collapse?

Anyway, after trial…

sf3BVtl.jpg
She was a what Phoenix? What were you gonna say about the woman who was brutally murdered?

PDVp5wN.jpg
Why are you keeping a memento, IM HIS LAWYER

nlqhNns.jpg
Nvm you can keep it Is this supposed to be as suggestive as it sounds?
mgxWwuJ.jpg

sZVstQw.jpg

CCCJugo.jpg

RipPZ8w.jpg

Holy shit so she dies okay. But she did take Phoenix back to her place first right?

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

vqYSXid.jpg

Woah when was this game made? Props for that being EXACTLY how a lawyer would actually use this term in court. Payne is the real ace attorney.

2001. One fact not many may know is that the Phoenix Wright trilogy began as Japan-only GBA games. They then got DS remakes/ports, and those are what the rest of the world got.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

d79Sosk.jpg
Yes as we all know, super common knowledge. Although you could actually use this to determine vaguely where this game takes place via time zones… it’s probably Japan tho.

In the Japanese version? Totally.

International versions? Hehehe...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

XDAYslh.jpg
POV: you just named your rival in Pokémon.

Lol, poor Larry did get the Pokemon rival name treatment.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

u3wTUQe.jpg
Oh so this guy is gonna be forgotten about and never gonna matter, got it. Where’s Edgeworth when you need him…

Sorta, he is the recurring tutorial prosecutor, so expect him to show up at the start of each game...

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

2001. One fact not many may know is that the Phoenix Wright trilogy began as Japan-only GBA games. They then got DS remakes/ports, and those are what the rest of the world got.

Cool to know.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

International versions? Hehehe...

Lol.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorta, he is the recurring tutorial prosecutor, so expect him to show up at the start of each game...

Oh rip, that’s payneful

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, it finally happened. Fulton County has indicted Trump.

Yup, hence what I said about today being an ironic day for me to start Ace Attorney.