• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, I remember the real reason I dropped Cindered Shadows earlier in the year. It's cause Ch.4 is utter dogshit, especially towards the end. Setting it to Normal makes it waaaaaaay more bearable.

Fun fact: that chapter is one of my favorite chapters in all of fe

xD

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact: that chapter is one of my favorite chapters in all of fe

xD

Everyone likes different things. Dont be surprised if someone else doesn't like the same chapter design as you.

39 minutes ago, Wraith said:

...Because I'm old and it's been on my mind for some reason. 

To think I once enjoyed that game.🙄 It's one of those ones I've come to regret liking with age (another being TWEWY).

Although, the game's level structure isn't a bad idea in itself, it's being bundled with an edgehog with guns, damns!, and a plot thats too childishly serious for the franchise that sinks to the bottom of the ocean. That, and Westopolis always being the starting stage is a bit repetitive.

That moment when you write an entire essay based on the prompt you were given and your teacher tells you to redo the whole thing because she doesn’t like your answer.

FFFFFFFFFF.

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Everyone likes different things. Dont be surprised if someone else doesn't like the same chapter design as you.

I’m not!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.
And see you... sometime.
Don't wanna ruin anyone's fun again.

Wouldn’t that mean you would be here all the time?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's one of those ones I've come to regret liking with age (another being TWEWY).

Aww, why is that the case with TWEWY?

2 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Is this chronic?

I also have quite often issues with my bronchi like swollen throat due to asthma.

There's not much I can do against.

I can only imagine how painful it is, especially if you're not able to speak.

Is there no possibility to let the tonsils be removed?

Sorry for the slow reply, I've had a trip to the doctor. Seems the glandular fever came back negative... which is good.
As for the cause... I've just flat got a low Immunglobin A (the one related to the digestive system, including the throat and mouth) level. I mean, its's a tenth of the lowest it should be.
For that reason, it's questioned whether removing the tonsils (which are supposed to help prevent infection, though in some peoples cases they do a terrible job) could actually make me worse instead of better... so it's being considered a last resort. (that said I'm so at the end of my rope it's not funny with this).

Thanks for your concern though, and I can definitely speak. I mean, slightly painfully, but I can speak.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He does! ^^

---

Hello, everyone.
And see you... sometime.
Don't wanna ruin anyone's fun again.

What do you mean? Are you okay? I kind of feel like the thread wouldn't be the same without you around.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That moment when you write an entire essay based on the prompt you were given and your teacher tells you to redo the whole thing because she doesn’t like your answer.

FFFFFFFFFF.

I remember getting something similar in high-school. "Too pessimistic a worldview". Note that the character I was supposed to write a monologue for was about to commit suicide by cop at the point in the story I was supposed to do. What sort of world-view does someone plotting such have other than "life is crap"?

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I remember getting something similar in high-school. "Too pessimistic a worldview". Note that the character I was supposed to write a monologue for was about to commit suicide by cop at the point in the story I was supposed to do. What sort of world-view does someone plotting such have other than "life is crap"?

Well I’m not that far in my English career yet, she just wanted us to write about whether or not we should take risks and my whole essay was built around the fact that it depends on a case by case basis, because, I think it does.

She said the prompt is asking me to choose and so I must choose. Ah well, guess you can’t buy a $20 DLC for every decision...

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Well I’m not that far in my English career yet, she just wanted us to write about whether or not we should take risks and my whole essay was built around the fact that it depends on a case by case basis, because, I think it does.

She said the prompt is asking me to choose and so I must choose. Ah well, guess you can’t buy a $20 DLC for every decision...

I think that sounds like a bit of a "black and white" approach to it. But I guess I'm not an English teacher.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

This is really annoying. I have to do this by the end of today but I just have zero motivation...

For what it's worth, I screwed up high-school something drastic by missing more days than I attended with migraines. I can tell you while it's possible to fix school results afterwards... the time and effort actually becomes a lot more painful than just doing it right the first time.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Aww, why is that the case with TWEWY?

It's not so much the gameplay, speaking of the DS original version, which I still have. The dual-screen action is very unique, if a little chaotic. 

It's a little bit of the character designs (well, Shiki), two or three tracks of the music, and mostly because I've been shamed into disapproving of Nomura plots. When I overheard from secondhand information that TWENY's Secret Reports are basically copied from Kingdom Hearts, I cringed a little. Never mind I really shouldn't criticize KH because I've neither played nor watched one. Part of me still wants to like it, but if SE ever gets to making a sequel which they've teased for years but never followup on, I think I'll skip it, or wait for a deep discount. I think it's less the characters themselves that makes me regretful, as it is... I can't describe it... the meta-narrative and overarching themes that fill the space between them?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's not so much the gameplay, speaking of the DS original version, which I still have. The dual-screen action is very unique, if a little chaotic. 

It's a little bit of the character designs (well, Shiki), two or three tracks of the music, and mostly because I've been shamed into disapproving of Nomura plots. When I overheard from secondhand information that TWENY's Secret Reports are basically copied from Kingdom Hearts, I cringed a little. Never mind I really shouldn't criticize KH because I've neither played nor watched one. Part of me still wants to like it, but if SE ever gets to making a sequel which they've teased for years but never followup on, I think I'll skip it, or wait for a deep discount. I think it's less the characters themselves that makes me regretful, as it is... I can't describe it... the meta-narrative and overarching themes that fill the space between them?

The controls on the Switch version caused me to blanche that's for sure. I also have the DS version and I still think a 3DS port would have been the better call.

Meanwhile, I am not going into the Shiki design structure because if we went into that with ehnough detail I know spoilers would come up. I'm not going to bother making a point about the music as I can understand that (due to the soundtrack being as all over the place, it's make sense some tracks do not click), even if I'm not sure which you mean (If it's the pig music I'll find that hard to forgive). As someone who'd never played KH I don't know why the reports thing's supposed to be cringe. I do want to ask what issue you take with the themes, what I remember doesn't seen too troublesome (also keep in mind I played the original as a teen, so take that as you will)

Also, there's an annoucement soon. It might be a sequel, it probably isn't 😛

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wouldn’t that mean you would be here all the time?

Have you seen the stuff yesterday?

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

You never ruin anyone's fun. I can tell you that for sure.

Thank you.
I don't really intent on starting to do so.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

FFFFFFFFFF.

I think your teacher is just a bad teacher.

15 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

What do you mean? Are you okay? I kind of feel like the thread wouldn't be the same without you around.

I think the thread would be just fine without me. But thank you for the sentiment. ^^

What I mean is that, now that more people enjoy Fates Conquest, I should probably stay away from here for a bit, because I don't trust myself to be able to hold back on commenting negatively about it, thus perhaps ruining everyone's enjoyment.
And this does not mean that I don't want people to play or enjoy it, don't misunderstand.
It's just that I don't want to ruin people's enjoyment of it by making snide remarks about my own feelings on the matter.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Heh, I’m picking the option I least agree with because it will be the easiest to transform my essay from, heheh.

Nice!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That you had no hand in starting.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Agreed. The whole point of essay answers are to get the student's perspective, not a pre-determined answer.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the thread would be just fine without me.

This is objectively incorrect.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don’t mean to sound rude but I don’t remember you being that involved.

I was going to write that she says the prompt is asking you to pick one or the other and that she wrote the prompt but then I remembered that the state of Virginia wrote it.

xD

I think the thread would be just fine without me. But thank you for the sentiment. ^^

What I mean is that, now that more people enjoy Fates Conquest, I should probably stay away from here for a bit, because I don't trust myself to be able to hold back on commenting negatively about it, thus perhaps ruining everyone's enjoyment.
And this does not mean that I don't want people to play or enjoy it, don't misunderstand.
It's just that I don't want to ruin people's enjoyment of it by making snide remarks about my own feelings on the matter.

It’s only me. One person xD

And I am very used to the Fates hate xD

If your remarks on Conquest had any effect on me, you would know. I’m not so fragile as to get upset over someone else’s opinion on a video game.

Nice!

I might not actually be able to because I can’t think of three reasons why someone would never take risks... xD

Edited by Sooks

And besides, I can get just as negative when it comes to talking about Fateswakening. Nobody who comments here regularly minds a different opinion as long as it's done in a civil way.

Edited by twilitfalchion

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the thread would be just fine without me

Considering you are one of the biggest contributors of this thread, that statement is factuslly wrong.

Stop being so hard on yourself.

Also, as Sooks said, we are used to it. We Fates fans lived through an era where the whole fanbase hated our guts, even if we only liked the gameplay 😛

And you know that i am super negative when it comes to GBA FE titles and some other games

Edited by Shrimperor