Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

36 magic is majorly mag screwed?

...How didn't she kill the generals with lightning then?

I had Mages with lower Magic killing the generals in this room

Although again, support skill and/or attack stance

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Better than Odin

Depends.

Really really depends.

But if you want a good mage in conquest - Ophelia is the name.

how is Kaze's personal any good at all? It's luck based. Luck based skills are no good, they're not reliable.

Kaze's personal is weak, but it's not that bad. But like, you selected the weakest one xD

There are some out there that buff adjacent attacks, grant extra crit, buff adjacent def/res, counters enemy, deals extra damage and takes less damage depending on situation, Rally personal, etc...

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...How didn't she kill the generals with lightning then?

I have no idea. Sometimes she could, sometimes she couldn't. My lack of understanding of Fates's support system is probably to blame. I'm still not certain if they only influence stances or if they do anything beyond that.

But if you want a good mage in conquest - Ophelia is the name.

That's Odin's daughter, right? Meh.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There are some out there that buff adjacent attacks, grant extra crit, buff adjacent def/res, counters enemy, deals extra damage and takes less damage depending on situation, Rally personal, etc...

My point was that just because I have Haitaka and Kumagera on the team doesn't mean I am horribly crippled. Personals aren't that incredible. Haitaka's kit is amazing, personal or no personal.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My point was that just because I have Haitaka and Kumagera on the team doesn't mean I am horribly crippled. Personals aren't that incredible. Haitaka's kit is amazing, personal or no personal.

even better, Haitaka + personals 😉

Like Haitaka only takes on slot.

Personals aren't that incredible.

They definetly are.

Edited by Shrimperor

even better, Haitaka + personals 😉

Like Haitaka only takes on slot.

I like how you guys are acting like my entire team is generics. C'mon, I only have four. Haitaka is awesome, Kumagera one-shots things more reliably than Effie and the ninja I picked up is just filler anyway (and 20~ guaranteed damage just for initiating battle is great). Roland's the only meme pick.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They definetly are.

I don't know... +10 crit for long forge names? -10 avoid on enemies within 2 tiles? Literally just countercurse? Kaze's mess of a skill? A lot of them are kinda underwhelming. Not to say they're awful, but I would've expected more from personal skills. A lot of them are on par with generic skills, if not worse.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

..I might have a save at the place where you are at

I don't mind restarting. I wasn't that far in, tbh. But thanks.

This time around, I'll take the time to visit each of the locations they bracer guilds mentioned. I didn't do that and went straight to Grancel.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know... +10 crit for long forge names? -10 avoid on enemies within 2 tiles? Literally just countercurse? Kaze's mess of a skill? A lot of them are kinda underwhelming. Not to say they're awful, but I would've expected more from personal skills. A lot of them are on par with generic skills, if not worse.

-10 avo on enemies helps alot with evasive enemies, and +10 crit with killer weapons makes you reach 50 crit.

Also there are other like +3dmg/-1takes, the reverse, +damage when HP full, +Dmg when HP is not full,  Rally, +5dmg when str is  higher, +2/-2 dmg/taken to supported ally, etc..

And they stack, and sometimes work on dual attackers.

So you can get something like +8 damage from support personals if you plan your hands right. That isn't underwhelming.

Even the +3 might be the treshhold you need to one shot enemies with attack stance without doubling.

You are heavily heavily understimating them.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't mind restarting. I wasn't that far in, tbh. But thanks.

This time around, I'll take the time to visit each of the locations they bracer guilds mentioned. I didn't do that and went straight to Grancel.

OOh ch8!

Yeah  there are alot of side and hidden quests with amazing rewards...

very hard though

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess Twilit got Cancelled by Grancel?

fry-squint.jpg

Just now, Shrimperor said:

OOh ch8!

Yeah  there are alot of side and hidden quests with amazing rewards...

very hard though

A kick in the head, definitely.

Man, I am hyped though.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A kick in the head, definitely.

Man, I am hyped though.

I wanna see your reaction when you get to certain scene at the end of the ch8

The ch8 is very long though if you want to do optional stuff due to being backtrack centeral and slowly loosing access to arts

-10 avo on enemies helps alot with evasive enemies, and +10 crit with killer weapons makes you reach 50 crit.

Nono, I'm not saying that's bad, but it feels like regular skills could replicate that. Feels like a "personal" skill should have a little bit more to it.

Also there are other like +3dmg/-1takes, the reverse, +damage when HP full, +Dmg when HP is not full,  Rally, +5dmg when str is  higher, +2/-2 dmg/taken to supported ally, etc..

And they stack, and sometimes work on dual attackers.

So you can get something like +8 damage from support personals if you plan your hands right. That isn't underwhelming.

Even the +3 might be the treshhold you need to one shot enemies with attack stance without doubling.

Yeah, the support skills are the better kind, I'm not sure what I was snorting earlier when I criticized Corrin's. But still, a bunch of them feel like glorified regular skills.

You are heavily heavily understimating them.

Probably. I guess I was just expecting more from this game. Used as I am to Berwick Saga's extremely impactful and unique skills, this just doesn't feel as good. For the most part it's much of the same as other FEs with skills; minor stat reductions and boosts and the like. Not bad, but I was expecting more.

So yeah, hot take of the day: Berwick Saga good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Probably. I guess I was just expecting more from this game. Used as I am to Berwick Saga's extremely impactful and unique skills, this just doesn't feel as good. For the most part it's much of the same as other FEs with skills; minor stat reductions and boosts and the like. Not bad, but I was expecting more.

Lunatic might change your mind as some maps really really need certain skills and planning around xD

hot take of the day: Berwick Saga good.

isn't that like an ice cold take 😛

Like almost everyone who played it here likes it xD

Edited by Shrimperor

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

So...three uber-enemies against four of my party, except Tita can't do much of anything. And no Kloe.

RIP me.

Is this the part where you gotta deliver the generators?

Just let Tita hold on to one until you deliver the last one.

I'm waiting for the next updates for the manga I'm following as well. I appreciate the translators' efforts though, even if I wish they'd release a bit faster, haha.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this the part where you gotta deliver the generators?

Just let Tita hold on to one until you deliver the last one.

Yeah, I'll do that when I restart. As well as taking my time with the side-quests and whatnot.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

@twilitfalchion

Some tips for ch8:

• Zin!
  • Use the amulets that let you change the type of your attack against certain enemies
  • Attack food
  • Get Tita's secret event

Thanks!

Edited by twilitfalchion

As far as Nyx vs Odin, Nyx is more reliable but once in a blue moon Odin ends up good, and really really good at that.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm just doing some research on taxation and sustainability...

WHY ISN'T THE WHOLE WORLD MORE LIKE GERMANY

What’s Germany like?