• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So the boiler room boss fight in Luigi's Mansion 3 is a cool concept but man, do the rubber duck boat controls like shit.

Amen.

I think I was seriously considering dropping the game right there. The area looked nice, I liked the green color of a lot of the piping b/c Mario, but I don't want to want to see inflatables in games again for a long while.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amen.

I think I was seriously considering dropping the game right there. The area looked nice, I liked the green color of a lot of the piping b/c Mario, but I don't want to want to inflatables in games again for a long while.

It doesn't help that the arena is just too small.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So the boiler room boss fight in Luigi's Mansion 3 is a cool concept but man, do the rubber duck boat controls like shit.

Ah, yeah... I didn't have any issues with that boss, personally, but I can see and understand why people would. Oh well.

I'm nearly done with my replay of VS1, now on Chapter 18. 17 was... better than I remembered, but still a bad map. I am pretty excited to replay Chapter 18, which was my favorite map in the game my first time. Once I finish, I'm gonna try to play all the way through Holy Sword of Silvanister, and read Zephgarus's translation docs with it so I can get a vague idea of what's happening. 

Also, I've been using Accorte a lot this run, and she has been kinda amazing. Really high speed, good magic, and can deal some hefty damage with Nim. Gonna try to combo using her with Haldyn+Zayid Masudian Brands to get rid of Bitchqueen Adelaide, the one bad part of the map. 

40 minutes ago, Spara said:

Zephgarus's translation docs

How far along are those? I found his playthrough a while back, and it is currently up to chapter 17. I'm assuming the docs are the same? I'd like to wait until I have a full translation to play that one. Even if it's not a proper translation in the game itself.

EDIT: Never mind, I looked it up and foudn the answers for myself, like a good person. I like how there's a brigand named Aristotle in the first chapter. The translation works well enough... Even if it does the manga translation shenanigan where he doesn't translate the "sama"s and "chan"s. I hate that, but oh well.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

OMG, they finally called. Gotta go over there on Monday morning so they judge my work (in CNC machining). It could be my chance at last!

Mood: Resultado de imagen de panicked Spongebob meme

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG, they finally called. Gotta go over there on Monday morning so they judge my work (in CNC machining). It could be my chance at last!

Yes! Good luck!

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If they called, you’ve already done good! You got this!

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hope it goes well. 

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

actibate on DLC menu

That's the problem, they arent there. 

Like, you dont buy them as DLC maybe? I dont even know anymore, but I'm getting a bit annoyed, haha. 

I just experienced a strange glitch in Xenoblade 2 where pausing and unpausing a cutscene using the home menu made the cutscene fast forward, though the audio played at normal speed. Going to the home menu and back fixed it, but I wonder if it ever happened to anyone else.

And despite now being halfway through Chapter 6, I somehow still don't have a giant Megalance Blade for Poppibuster...

I took a look at those Thracia QoL patches, to see if anything there would make the game worth playing.

Answer is no, even with the QoL patches, I'd still have to deal with shit like capturing and fatigue and the rest of Thracia's wack.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

just experienced a strange glitch in Xenoblade 2 where pausing and unpausing a cutscene using the home menu made the cutscene fast forward, though the audio played at normal speed. Going to the home menu and back fixed it, but I wonder if it ever happened to anyone else.

I had the opposite problem at the end of my first run. I've mentioned this before but the cutscenes just slowed down too much but not the audio.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Answer is no, even with the QoL patches, I'd still have to deal with shit like capturing and fatigue and the rest of Thracia's wack.

Tbh, Thracia would be so much worse without Capturing, as it's the only way to get money and allows the player to get strong items, provided they can defeat the enemy with the stat penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

Tbh, Thracia would be so much worse without Capturing, as it's the only way to get money and allows the player to get strong items, provided they can defeat the enemy with the stat penalty. 

Yeah which is why I was hoping one of the patches would let money be much more accessible and make shops viable. Because I do not like capturing and I hate how Thracia makes it so necessary.

Oh well. Maybe in a potential FE5 remake.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah which is why I was hoping one of the patches would let money be much more accessible and make shops viable. Because I do not like capturing and I hate how Thracia makes it so necessary.

Oh well. Maybe in a potential FE5 remake

But I feel like making such changes to the game just kinda makes it feel more proto-GBAFE, which I really don't think is something we need. I can get not liking capturing, but if the game gave you easy money and all that, I feel like it would pretty heavily detract from the experience - Leif's army would feel less like a poor, scrappy rebellion fighting an impossible foe and more like 90% of all the armies in the series, which I think would hurt the storytelling a lot.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

But I feel like making such changes to the game just kinda makes it feel more proto-GBAFE, which I really don't think is something we need. I can get not liking capturing, but if the game gave you easy money and all that, I feel like it would pretty heavily detract from the experience - Leif's army would feel less like a poor, scrappy rebellion fighting an impossible foe and more like 90% of all the armies in the series, which I think would hurt the storytelling a lot.

I feel like that could be a Normal/Hard mode thing.

But yeah, if they GBA-ify Thracia in a remake...

Welp, that'd make me rather sad.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm

did you buy them? Check if they are in the steam DLC menu

They arent purchasable at all. So I assume they are already in game, but maybe I'm mistaken? 

As I said, I'm pretty upset at the moment, so I'll likely drop the subject. Dont want any stress, atm, lol.

13 minutes ago, Spara said:

but if the game gave you easy money and all that, I feel like it would pretty heavily detract from the experience

I just feel like capturing shouldn't exclusively be your only option, especially with how the game handles it. Idk, put some money in chests. Maybe villagers can give you some as a reward for saving them. 

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

But yeah, if they GBA-ify Thracia in a remake...

Welp, that'd make me rather sad.

I'm just being petty right now, Thracia is the only Fire Emblem I have never beaten (well I haven't beaten FE1 and 2 either cause lol) because the gameplay fundamentally turned me away.

Edited by Armagon