Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Benice said:

THERE'S A BOOK IN XB2 CALLED LES AWFULS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can't take one more day of the game then?😜

-Thats a song from the musical/movie version, in case your distaste for the classic Victor Hugo work stems from being forced to read the book they're adapted from in school.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I just experienced a strange glitch in Xenoblade 2 where pausing and unpausing a cutscene using the home menu made the cutscene fast forward, though the audio played at normal speed. Going to the home menu and back fixed it, but I wonder if it ever happened to anyone else.

Mismatching audio and action, this could be funny if it could be precisely disconnected. But I doubt the glitch could be used to create those perfect moments.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Funny enough, I also started up Torna to continue my BoC UM run and... Hurricane Anise has bested me 14 times so far, my closest attempt getting him down to around a quarter health before his warning cry overwhelmed me and I couldn't build party meter. 

F

Edited by lightcosmo

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Thats a song from the musical/movie version, in case your distaste for the classic Victor Hugo work stems from being forced to read the book they're adapted from in school.

Ngl, I wasn't paying attention to anything past the comma, and I was like, "Since when XB2 has a musical/movie version"? XD

Ahhh, why cant I simply nullify blowdown!? Its seriously the sole reason i cant win this! My allies decide that getting blown off the cliff is the most sound idea ever and stand right by the cliff. And if I order them, once the reinforcements come, things get whacky and they decide not to listen anyways. 

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

'm just being petty right now, Thracia is the only Fire Emblem I have never beaten (well I haven't beaten FE1 and 2 either cause lol) because the gameplay fundamentally turned me away.

I haven't gone very far in Thracia, but I loved it because of how unique it was and how it was designed; that said, I think it's the FE that needs a remake the most. Personally, I wouldn't actually get rid of 1-99 hitrates, fatigue and the like; rather, I would make them toggleable options. Heck, I'd actually make 1rn and 2rn options as well. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't since things like difficulty and whatnot are already changeable. I like how Thracia is designed to kill your units, but I don't like all the mechanics (and most people hate all of them) so the player should have the choice there.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

, I would make them toggleable options. Heck, I'd actually make 1rn and 2rn options as well. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't since things like difficulty and whatnot are already changeable.

Both Xenoblade 2 and CrossCode have shown me that custom difficulty should be a staple in any game.

Now that I think about it, Celeste had that too. 

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like how Thracia is designed to kill your units,

Benice moment

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both Xenoblade 2 and CrossCode have shown me that custom difficulty should be a staple in any game.

Well, I see no reason that the player should have to play any one way; adding casual mode as an option doesn't obligate you to play it.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Benice moment

Well, to me, it makes sense from a narrative perspective. The point of Thracia as a story is that it's a brutal, failing war where each step could be your last. I don't like all aspects of this, though.

If you were going to write a song about a man singing to his lover who is in a coma, what would it sound like? According to Yakuza, it sounds like this:

Spoiler

This song will cure your depression until you read the translation.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now that I think about it, Celeste had that too. 

An indie game, Wargroove, also has a Custom difficulty, allowing you to adjust: the damage you receive, daily income, and the groove charge rate. I'm a little surprised they don't let you adjust the damage you deal.

This said, if you want to unlock everything, you need to collect stars from the campaign (and the Arcade mode, which has only three fixed difficulties, each with separate stars to earn). And if you make your Custom easier than Medium or Hard, you can get only 1 or 2 stars at most, as opposed to 3. 

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ngl, I wasn't paying attention to anything past the comma, and I was like, "Since when XB2 has a musical/movie version"? XD

Not yet, and it probably shouldn't! Some video games, namely RPGs, are just too long for movies (although other genres are absolutely a lot more viable), I don't get how book adaptations do it.

Instead, I propose that if one were to turn a video game with a very lengthy story into a movie, or a play be it musical or not, that it focus on one particular event from the whole and portray nothing besides it. Or, that it tells a tale set within the greater world not covered, perhaps not even mentioned but plausible within, the actual story.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

This song will cure your depression until you read the translation.

...I assume it'll make you depressed all over again?😆 I don't think more sadness is necessary in the world right now. I'd rather prefer to think the lyrics to be really really surprisingly gruesome or laden with the indicators of an LSD trip when it was being written.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I assume it'll make you depressed all over again?😆

Yup. It's not necessarily "Aw man my life sucks," it's just...Well, sad. Which is hilarious, because the accompanying animation is so cheerful as well.

(For those interested, this is the translation of the portion of the lyrics that are in the game itself in the spoiler.)

Spoiler

Will it never change?
REM sleep so deep it’s like death
Come on, it’s about time to get up
The sun’s trying to shine, despite the clouds and curtains
“Tomorrow’s a long awaited holiday, let’s go swimming”
I guess you’re dreaming about the sea around now
Never mind age, have fun
We could charter a boat
and stare into the sunset
The ultimate Weekend Day
If we polish today it will shine like a Great Diamond
so Please, Get up my baby!
(Come on, please get up)
(Please! Please wake up)
(You’re never going to wake up)
(I guess I’ll go to sleep too … )

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not yet, and it probably shouldn't! Some video games, namely RPGs, are just too long for movies (although other genres are absolutely a lot more viable), I don't get how book adaptations do it.

Instead, I propose that if one were to turn a video game with a very lengthy story into a movie, or a play be it musical or not, that it focus on one particular event from the whole and portray nothing besides it. Or, that it tells a tale set within the greater world not covered, perhaps not even mentioned but plausible within, the actual story.

I would think they go the route of movie, trim down on stuff. I remember reading up the fan translated FE novelizations. Well, just the Thracia one, and yeah, it was quite condensed in comparison.

Or divide it into parts.

Hm, this reminded me how I got in conversation with someone here over the Dragon Quest movie, which is a loose adaptation of the fifth game, and how we each would do it. I remember suggesting I'd make it two movies, due to the length.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The song does sound rather pleasant.

[LEANS FORWARDS, YAKUZA RECRUITMENT SCRIPT READY]

Nah, just kidding. You've already said that you're not interested yet. I really oughta stop talkin' about Yakuza until someone else plays it, I guess.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah which is why I was hoping one of the patches would let money be much more accessible and make shops viable. Because I do not like capturing and I hate how Thracia makes it so necessary.

Oh well. Maybe in a potential FE5 remake.

At tht point I'd say Thracia is just not a game for you. Capturing is quintessential to Thracia - it's what makes Thracia "Thracia", so to speak. If you hate capturing so much, then I think the game is as much a lost cause for you as Three Houses is for me. Which is fine, nobody's forcing anyone to like the entire series or anything.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

FINALLY FINISHED ALL THREE BLOODY QUESTS FOR PERUN'S AFFINITY CHART

Hooooly makerel, I'd have never finished that without a guide...And even then, it was a pain and a half. Urgh...At least I have most of her affinity chart rows unlocked.

Anyone here at all familiar with Banner Saga? It's a series that I've occassionally considered picking up in the past. I just checked, and not only is it apparently finished (this had deterred me from grabbing it in the past), but it's currently 16 bucks for the whole thing on Steam. So yeah, if anyone here wants to say something nice about these games to me, you can go ahead.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Ayy Arthur!

Glad it all worked out!

Yeah, modding Arthur in wasn't too bad, but it's a temporary workaround atm, not a complete insertion.

And thanks, i am really stupid so yeah, thanks for bearing with me! Xd

45 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

No better way to return from my absence than to make use of the thread's recent mention of the song. Because. (Anyone else remember the time I parodied it? No? Well damn)

Hide contents

I live for the pun at the beginning.

Wait, that was you?