Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Last Story I meant, the voice actress of the character Mirania I think. It's so long ago I don't remember.

*Googles*

Well it ain't her. I went through the voice actors of the other two playable women and neither of them had Doctor Who roles either.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"The game's turn-based battles play out in a grid-based arena from an overhead perspective; each unit on both sides has their turn placed according to their current AP. Any character with ten AP can move and perform actions, with AP being recovered by doing little or nothing for each turn."

This sounds like Valkyria Chronicles-

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Order for each unit when their actions begin to be possible, and ones with higher APs can move faster/earlier. If there are units with same AP, such as 10, then it will depends on the stats " Speed" to determine the order

LeaBruh.png

I will say, it does appear to be more like Berwick in which you have more control over who gets a turn first but man. But dynamic turns was the main reason i couldn't vibe with Berwick.

Ah well, emulation costs nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, the symbol in each hex tells you what kind of thing fills it in, does it not? For NLA, if you see a sheet of paper as the icon, it means a non-Affinity mission should start and end in that hex. Holding hands = Affinity Mission.

Yeah but like, it's too broad. Quests don't show up on the mini-map unless you're like 5 feet away from it.

I like the map from an exploration standpoint, i just think that finding the quests should be done more clearer.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

*Googles*

Well it ain't her. I went through the voice actors of the other two playable women and neither of them had Doctor Who roles either.

Then I guess I got confused with Melia or something.😅

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LeaBruh.png

I will say, it does appear to be more like Berwick in which you have more control over who gets a turn first but man. But dynamic turns was the main reason i couldn't vibe with Berwick.

Ah well, emulation costs nothing.

Sorry 'bout that for ya. Forewarned is forearmed, at least you learned it before you tried.

Although it does make sense in that Namco x Capcom is the predecessor to Project X Zone. The name change being because "Namco x Capcom x Sega" was too wordy, and for PXZ2, "Namco x Capcom x Sega x Nintendo" is Smash even wordier.

EF being a standard JRPG means you won't have this issue. Instead, you'll be annoyed by Forced Evasion in the first, and then happier that the second gives you a visual indicator for when the enemy might try to use Forced Evasion.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What did I miss!? I've been off for a while, trying to contain the Pyra/Mythra smash hype. 

Everyone was talking about fe4. Like... the whole time. I think that’s it.

You know, I still remember the first time I played Golden Sun.

I was like 8 or 9. My mom had put me in some tutoring classes of... well, no longer remember what they were for or why. Anyway, the teacher had a younger brother, and I remember that as a reward for doing well in that class/tutoring thing, she'd ask her brother to let me play with his GBA games. And he had Golden Sun among them.

... I was mostly lost, since I had yet to fully dominate English, hahaha. Well, I knew well enough already, but also it was my first RPG and so I had yet to learn all about one of the quintessential rules: talk to everyone for info.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I still remember the first time I played Golden Sun.

I was like 8 or 9. My mom had put me in some tutoring classes of... well, no longer remember what they were for or why. Anyway, the teacher had a younger brother, and I remember that as a reward for doing well in that class/tutoring thing, she'd ask her brother to let me play with his GBA games. And he had Golden Sun among them.

... I was mostly lost, since I had yet to fully dominate English, hahaha. Well, I knew well enough already, but also it was my first RPG and so I had yet to learn all about one of the quintessential rules: talk to everyone for info.

I can't remember when I first got GS myself. But I think I played through it, to various stages of completion, like 6 times? Twice or thrice completely.

Although, it was quite a few years before I got The Lost Age and could thus see what happens after you get on the boat. 

@Interdimensional Observer I know we were talking about Namco x Capcom but i think i'm gonna go through Monolith Soft's library in release order (disregard the fact that i did not play Xeno in order). Which means, i'm going back to Baten Kaitos. For real this time. I beat Atelier Ryza 2 a few days ago which means i can put Baten Kaitos into rotation especially since i don't plan to buy any new games any time soon and i'm like nearly done with Luigi's Mansion 3 anyway (i'm about to start the pirate ship level by which i mean i have to backtrack to rescue the toad first).

I'm gonna be starting over tho since i lost my saves and this time it'll be undub because i refuse to put up with the English dub's energy of "high school students popcorn reading" again.

Anyways the plan is Baten Kaitos -> Namco x Capcom -> Baten Kaitos Origins -> Soma Bringer -> Endless Frontier ->  Endless Frontier Exceed (if i can get DS emulation running for these three) -> Project X Zone 2 which i'll probably have to buy legit because idk how well Citra can run for me but this one's gonna be much later anyway.

Disaster: Day of Crisis has motion controls and i don't feel like messing around in Dolphin for that. So imma skip that too. Well, i suppose i could buy it physically but like i said, i don't plan on buying new games anytime soon.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, extra work hours on the weekend, and now in my online course they also want to do an extra class on Saturday. Sheesh, busy week...

Oof. Hope that this doesn't become regular...

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oof. Hope that this doesn't become regular...

It's likely I might have to work on the weekends, but the class thing is likely to only be just this one time.

That damn Djinn Storm...

Another very narrow victory, with only one unit left this time. It’s Erador again, who was one of the two from last time. Erador best unit..?

Anyway, I would say that putting five archers, including the boss (with stats that reflect such), spaced away so that they can all attack your units while you try to approach the only way possible and the only unit you have who can possibly counter before you’ve made it and half your wrong is dead being weak to bows, along with a couple mages who can still attack from afar at the level before the archers is a Kaga tier move, but I’ve only finished one Kaga game and from my understanding it wasn’t that Kaga-y...

So i'm in the castle i was supposed to be heading towards. There's this cool mechanic where you have to deploy knights to assist the other knights in their fights. Problem is, i used them all so now any new knights i encounter just get murdered on the spot by enemies. Oops.

I would argue that earlier discussion of FFVI was a spoiler, as this is not a centrally advertised part of the game.

Chrono Trigger on the other hand everyone knows has time travel, so not so much.

Genealogy is with CT here because someone decided that yes, we'll advertise the divide. Something I was annoyed by 3H doing at the time actually.

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Genealogy spoilers. You have been warned. This is more for Ruben's benefit than anything, but just in case, I'll tag it.

Not to worry. I know the biggest events of Genealogy's story. Difficult not to, being a part of this fanbase for as long as I have been.

Still, I did notice Sooks said he's not aware of it, so let's exercise some caution nonetheless.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a sultry national anthem.😋 If Genealogy's soundtrack caught on fire, no second thoughts, it'd be what I'd rescue from the flames.

I love Genealogy's soundtrack so far. Really good overall. Best part of the game? Maybe.

46 minutes ago, Dayni said:

we'll advertise the divide. Something I was annoyed by 3H doing at the time actually.

If Three Houses hadn't advertised the war phase, I would've assumed Fire Emblem had devolved into high school harem dating sim and would've given it a hard pass.

...All things considered, it would've been better that way. Would've saved me the 45 bucks for a game that I despise. You know, maybe I should sell it to get Miitopia. Or Mario Golf.

You know, I just realized that, at the speed I'm moving (read, very, very slow) I might be unable to avoid marrying my entire army. Which isn't something I want, if gen 2 is filled with OP units I'll definitely quit the game like I quit all the easy FEs.

Maybe I should bench Lewyn, at the very least. Or Erin, so Ced isn't born. Thracia bias in this case only makes me want to erase the unit in question from existence. Not because I hate him or anything, but I don't think the difficulty will be able to withstand that guy.

Also, Ced's substitute has such a cool name.

...You know what? Let's just cut to the chase. Genealogy experts, please tell me: If I kill off all the women before the end of gen 1 (except Aideen because the world deserves Arden's heirs), will that keep them from bearing offspring, or will it be too late if they already married?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If Three Houses hadn't advertised the war phase, I would've assumed Fire Emblem had devolved into high school harem dating sim and would've given it a hard pass.

...All things considered, it would've been better that way. Would've saved me the 45 bucks for a game that I despise. You know, maybe I should sell it to get Miitopia.

And of course one man's spoiler is another man's feature.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know what? Let's just cut to the chase. Genealogy experts, please tell me: If I kill off all the women before the end of gen 1 (except Aideen because the world deserves Arden's heirs), will that keep them from bearing offspring, or will it be too late if they already married?

I'm thinking that is the case.

I will not say for definite though.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And of course one man's spoiler is another man's feature.

I mean, I found Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - one of my favorite platformers of all time, for those that don't know - by watching a video that spoiled the big plot twist. Spent the entire first half of the game eager to get there.

Actually, every time I play that game it feels like the entire first half is just work to get done so I can get to those two boss fights. Not that I hate the rest of the game, mind, but those two boss fights are so awesome that I just can't wait to get to them every time.

Honestly, I've come to accept spoilers as a fact of life. Sometimes it's a good spoiler that's gotten me interested in something. Of course, when I do manage to come to know something without spoilers, I spend the entire time terrified that I'll run into one. I'm way too talented at it, I swear.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm thinking that is the case.

I will not say for definite though.

Well...

Spoiler

Looks like Reptor might just beat Arvis to the punch, depending on how things turn out.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, Benice said:

I GOT A PERFECT SCORE IN TIGER! TIGER!

LET'S GOOOOOO!

That's always satisfying haha. Course, I'm actually terrible at it so it hardly happens. 

Either way, congrats on it!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Project X Zone 2 which i'll probably have to buy legit because idk how well Citra can run for me but this one's gonna be much later anyway

Oooh, you don't see this game get brought up often! I've played it once, mostly for Lucina and Yuri Lowell, though. XD

i personally thought that the combat can be a bit draining after a while, sadly.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I would argue that earlier discussion of FFVI was a spoiler, as this is not a centrally advertised part of the game.

It was, actually. Not in the advertising, but the WoR was right there in the pamphlet or so. So you knew something would happen to turn the world that way.

Edited by Acacia Sgt