Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

EpwJAvT.png

Classic FE4 disallowing your units to reach an area for no reason. Kaga pls

At least FE4 had a gameplay justification. Here it's just why lol.

You genuinely have to lower that bridge before anyone, fliers or otherwise, can get to the other side.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least FE4 had a gameplay justification.

Ah yes, yellow mage and his unbreakable forcefields.

Nah, let's be honest, FE4 was really dumb about it as well. I understand that they kinda needed it to let their epic NPC fight happen, but... Sheesh, they could've used their idiotic "lower bridge" mechanic for that instead of making it a "Dew or 30 minutes of walking" check.

And, of course, needless to say, Berwick Saga never pulls stunts like that.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

79loWeH.png

And if you think that's funny, wait until you get to Hilda.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, let's be honest, FE4 was really dumb about it as well. I understand that they kinda needed it to let their epic NPC fight happen, but... Sheesh, they could've used their idiotic "lower bridge" mechanic for that instead of making it a "Dew or 30 minutes of walking" check.

I mean, I was more thinking about that they didn't want you taking the castles out of order.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I don't really want to yell at you, but... I genuinely worry that you'll burn out and quit before you get to experience Champion's Road. At least once, Sooks. Promise me that. Or else you have to play Awakening again, that'll be a good incentive to do it.

Well then you have nothing to worry about. I will do Champion’s Road. You really really want me to though... is it good hard or bad hard?

And playing Awakening again would be easy, all I have to do is pick normal mode, get Robin a few skills and leave the game on auto battle while I take a nap.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And if you think that's funny, wait until you get to Hilda.

What does she say?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, I was more thinking about that they didn't want you taking the castles out of order.

And, to be honest? I did not like that. Sure, people will write paragraphs about how Clement is a super well written minor boss because he's neutral at first and only turns on Sigurd out necessity or whatever. But if he had just been a generic warmonger, he wouldn't force you to walk all the way back to his castle over the course of 10 minutes - 10 minutes with emulator speed-up!

Then again, there's only one Sigurd, so it would've sucked either way... Ah, who knows. Genealogy is definitely a game that sacrificed much of its gameplay for the sake of story, and you know what my preferences are. I enjoyed it well enough, but I can't say I can get behind some of its choices.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

is it good hard or bad hard?

I think good hard, but that's just me.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What does she say?

Shrimpy don't click, you need to experience it first-hand.

(Never mind the markings, this was a thing I posted on Reddit long ago - what matters is the dialogue)

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And, to be honest? I did not like that.

I'm not saying it's good either lol, I'm just saying there's at least some justification on the gameplay side of things.

I really enjoyed the first 2/3 of ch5, the last 5 turns have been walking simulator until bridge smh

and of course enemies spawns once i approach the bridge, because we can't have clarity about what the player is gonna face can we?

The Invert Shard in Bloodstained doesn't work half the time lol.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Question: do i get anything for keeping all the senators alive? Because it's kinda impossible to reach one before they execute him

I just think you get more rewards.

That or you get nothing if one of dies. I didn't care enough lol.

14 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

bws-1619272871.jpeg.cd8e7e98dcc23078ed9d23494f0c1331.jpeg

Amon

g us

:awesome:

Oo

f

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Question: do i get anything for keeping all the senators alive? Because it's kinda impossible to reach one before they execute him

Fairly certain they just act as a sort of time limit. The enemy will only target Ritton after everyone else is dead.

And that’s worlds 5 and 6 cleared as Rosalina. As the level’s ramp up in difficulty I won’t do world 🏰 and world 🐢 in this play session, I am going to go have some food.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, here we are again. Hero of the Sagas. Should have this done today, and then tomorrow or tonight I can get started on HSoS.

RIP Awakening.