Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, Tharja isn’t insane.

Wait, doesn't she just... sort of practice terrible hexes and curses on her own son/daughter? At least I recall hearing that at some point. If that doesn't qualify as "insane", I don't know what does.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Let's put it this way: The reason she switches sides is literally because she doesn't actually care who she murders. Her own comrades, foreign invaders? It's all the same to her.
Might sound crazy that Robin isn't even involved in the whole process.

So yeah, even by the standards of a cast consisting exclusively of sociopaths jerking off over the corpses of the poor schmucks they gleefully butchered, she is just plain evil.

Hoo, boy...

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, doesn't she just... sort of practice terrible hexes and curses on her own son/daughter? At least I recall hearing that at some point. If that doesn't qualify as "insane", I don't know what does.

Ah... that support. Yes and no. But she doesn’t do anything out of sadism.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah. Don't even expect the game to try a handwave as to why dragons are somehow able to produce children when they were meant to be infertile and that was kind of what caused the whole war between humans and dragons that formed the backbone for the whole setting that the game supposedly takes place in.

And since we are talking about Nowi specifically, how children are able to produce children. That doesn't even have anything to do with the setting's history. It just makes inherently no sense.

No.

Becoming Manaketes was precisely to avoid the infertility and degeneration. Even back in Mystery establishes Tiki was born after Naga became a Manakete, so Nowi (and Tiki for that matter) being capable of having children is no retcon or anything.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All right, and with that, Berwick Saga is done for the fifth time.

Ze6a6quv oPithj4an oR5aa1um6 o

Killed the final boss with Sylvis this time around. Not as funny as the time Derrick saved the world, but Sylvis is best girl, so she deserved the honors too. Plus, even if it's not as funny as Derrick, it's still kinda funny, because he has Arrowbane.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah... that support. Yes and no. But she doesn’t do anything out of sadism.

I don't know, Sukes. Even if it's not out of sadism, cursing your own offspring is pretty damn weird.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hoo, boy...

Honestly, that's not very accurate. Although I myself don't like Tharja, the fighting isn't treated very differently than any other FE game.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Let's put it this way: The reason she switches sides is literally because she doesn't actually care who she murders. Her own comrades, foreign invaders? It's all the same to her.
Might sound crazy that Robin isn't even involved in the whole process.

So yeah, even by the standards of a cast consisting exclusively of sociopaths jerking off over the corpses of the poor schmucks they gleefully butchered, she is just plain evil.

Um... no?

She switches sides because she knows they’re losing and wanna die. Selfish? Sort of. Insane? No. Evil? No.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you want to know...

Spoiler

After her own daughter tells her about her future self, Tharja actually changes her mind on the matter. At least on the most egregious of the hexes.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, "evil" seems a fair more appropriate term for that kind of behavior.

Her A support with Robin also implies she raped them while they were unconscious. And in case that is too ambiguous, there is this lovely quote of her's when she triggers an experience point event:
Ah, finally, a perfect voodoo doll. Robin will have eyes only for me…

So yeah, she is a rapist. The only thing that is ambiguous is if she is a successful rapist. But that question does not make her any less evil in my book.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know, Sukes. Even if it's not out of sadism, cursing your own offspring is pretty damn weird.

I don’t remember why she did it, I just remember that whole support being very odd because of how it’s treated.

Let’s see... oh she just needs a “guinea pig”. Well. Never mind then. I mean I still wouldn’t call that insane, but...

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Um... no?

She switches sides because she knows they’re losing and wanna die. Selfish? Sort of. Insane? No. Evil? No.

She mentions no such thing. She says she is reluctant to fight because it might cause her to die for a cause she doesn't give a shit about. She also says she is keeping her options open, but in no way does she indicate that she thinks Plegia is gonna lose. The moment Chrom proposes she switches sides, she only ever talks about the fact that she is an evil backstabber who backstabs people.

Chrom You there! Are you with the Plegians? You seem reluctant to fight.

Tharja Death comes for all of us eventually. Why invite it early, fighting for a cause I don't believe in?

Chrom So...I should take that as a no, or...

Tharja Let's just say I'm keeping my options open. I mean, long live the king and all, but I'd like to keep living as well. And I have a bit of a rebellious streak, I'm afraid. A...dark side.

Chrom Then perhaps you would rebel now and fight for our cause?

Tharja ...You would trust me? What if this is just a ploy to plunge a dagger in your back?

Chrom My sister, the exalt—I think she would trust you. And I'm trying to learn from her. Besides, I already need to watch my back, whether you're with us or not.

Tharja Well, that's odd... Usually when I bring up the backstabbing bit the discussion is over. All right, then—consider me your new ally. ...For now.

Wouldn't make any sense either, considering the entire next chapter consists of specifically running away from overwhelmingly powerful forces. That's not what an army does that is supposedly winning.

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The turn limit is perfectly fine.

Do i need to pull up the screenshots of the turn limit making my life miserable again? Because i will not forget. That part of the game sent my experience with Vestaria Saga into a downward spiral that never recovered.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's true. Tharja is actually quite subdued than even Faye I'd say. God, that Faye-Silque support chain...

I really wish Faye (and Kliff) had Supports with Celica. Especially Faye, she needs it.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least that version of Tharja hasn't happened yet and Tharja's Supports with Noire are more about Tharja realizing her future self's mistakes.

I don't even like Tharja that much but i'll give credit where credit is due.

Vt71etbz o

Well, that's definitely the best ranks I've ever gotten in this game. I'm still salty about that asshole soldier of Vester's that kept dying to Almachus or the ballista in chapter 10, but oh well, what can you do. Maybe some other time. I've gotten 35 tactics in the past, anyway. 35 completion is the new record. Holy shit, how do you get 35 happiness, though? I'd like to think I've done a good job with my characters, and even still, I was spread too thin for Aegina to be able to promote... I can't imagine trying to fit Adel in there too!

Tomorrow I'll begin to play that garbage non-Kaga game, because Shrimpy coerced me into doing it. Unless @Spara can come up with a convincing counter-counterargument.

My sister, the exalt—I think she would trust you.

Tharja I have a bit of a rebellious streak, I'm afraid. A...dark side.

You know, Chrom, maybe the exalted part of your sister the exalt just isn't her intellect...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

She mentions no such thing. She says she is reluctant to fight because it might cause her to die for a cause she doesn't give a shit about. She also says she is keeping her options open, but in no way does she indicate that she thinks Plegia is gonna lose. The moment Chrom proposes she switches sides, she only ever talks about the fact that she is an evil backstabber who backstabs people.

She says she thinks she is going to die though, or that she could. Twice. So she seems to disagree, but since she just goes on fighting for the other army instead, she clearly finds something more favorable about that position, and she was literally just talking about how she was going to die, so...

Besides I just meant they’re losing the battle. By the time you get to Tharja you’re almost done with the map.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

she clearly finds something more favorable about that position

I don't want to criticize something I haven't even played yet, but if she's truly so fickle and selfish as she seems to be, she really shouldn't be joining the army led by the man who has ruined the lives of countless characters at this point. Like, seriously, if characters were concious beings, I would be hard-pressed for new recruits...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or, she's badly written. I don't want to criticize something I haven't even played yet, but if she's truly so fickle and selfish as she seems to be, she really shouldn't be joining the army led by the man who has ruined the lives of countless characters at this point. Like, seriously, if characters were concious beings, I would be hard-pressed for new recruits...

Ding ding ding!

Well, kind of, I don’t see how being fickle and selfish means she shouldn’t be fighting with the army.

Just now, Sooks said:

Ding ding ding!

Fuck I tried to remove the "badly written" part to make the post seem less me, but you were too fast...

Just now, Sooks said:

Well, kind of, I don’t see how being fickle and selfish means she shouldn’t be fighting with the army.

Why would she stay in the army for the entire game? Especially if the player starts suffering heavy losses. Shouldn't she just go "fuck this, this tactician doesn't know what the hell he's doing" and defect?

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No.

Becoming Manaketes was precisely to avoid the infertility and degeneration. Even back in Mystery establishes Tiki was born after Naga became a Manakete, so Nowi (and Tiki for that matter) being capable of having children is no retcon or anything.

Sealing their power in dragonstones was to avoid insanity.

Quite frankly, Mystery very specific spelled out that the Manakete were fated to go extinct. There was no discernable cause for this alignment. One day it just became the reality of the dragons. And the Earth Dragon's unwillingness to accept that reality that the end of their age was unavoidable is what caused the entire conflict.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why would she stay in the army for the entire game? Especially if the player starts suffering heavy losses. Shouldn't she just go "fuck this, this tactician doesn't know what the hell he's doing" and defect?

Tactician = Robin

Robin = Avatar

Tharja = Token Avatar Obssessed Character

So, Token Avatar Obssessed Character + Avatar = Tharja doesn’t leave.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

she really shouldn't be joining the army led by the man who has ruined the lives of countless characters at this point.

The fuck are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

btw, what does dilligence skill do?

PARAGON!

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's definitely the best ranks I've ever gotten in this game. I'm still salty about that asshole soldier of Vester's that kept dying to Almachus or the ballista in chapter 10, but oh well, what can you do. Maybe some other time. I've gotten 35 tactics in the past, anyway. 35 completion is the new record. Holy shit, how do you get 35 happiness, though? I'd like to think I've done a good job with my characters, and even still, I was spread too thin for Aegina to be able to promote... I can't imagine trying to fit Adel in there too!

Tomorrow I'll begin to play that garbage non-Kaga game, because Shrimpy coerced me into doing it. Unless @Spara can come up with a convincing counter-counterargument.

Nice job!

Also, what game? Is it the weird SRPG studio one?