Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I missed the reference. As usual.

I was hinting you were killing me, like in Awakening's opening (I took the quote from it).

Only with more explosions.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes... Perfect. Thanks, Dayni.

I especially like the edit I made so his hand fit over Hauteclere.

Also the change to put in Hauteclere, I was going to just edit the staff he had so it had an axehead originally.

9 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I think I should turn into a ghost again since this chat is blasted with games and other things I have no clue of, and no one plays or cares for Kirby.

I mean, Kirby was a highlight of my NSO trial, so I'd definitely go back if I were to get it.

Certainly more likely to play Kirby than Mario tbh.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I mean, Kirby was a highlight of my NSO trial, so I'd definitely go back if I were to get it.

Certainly more likely to play Kirby than Mario tbh.

What's NSO?

Kirby's Dreamland was my first videogame ever, and unlike Mario, the games have a serious plot and characterization, and a way more memorable soundtrack.

I only play 3D World since the story is different - even if only marginally - and it features other playable characters than Mario.

Seriously I'm not interested in any other Mario games (Odyssey included).

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

What's NSO?

The online membership thing for Switch.

I have not purchased it because it could do with improving for sure.

I find the membership is already worth for playing NES and SNES games.

Online gaming can be painful (as it was in Kirby Clash earlier today), but playing a decent amount of NES and SNES games for about 20 € per year is ok imo.

Anyways gtg to grab some cake, so jambuhbye.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

You know, I just realized something. Tiki never joined me. I was waiting for her to be recruited for like 2 chapters, but then I just completely forgot... And then she just never joined. What's up with that? How did I miss her?

...Ohhhh, I see. She's a paralogue character. That's an... interesting choice.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Ohhhh, I see. She's a paralogue character. That's an... interesting choice.

Trust me, you would not clear that paralogue.

It's a pseudo defend chapter and even if you know about rescuing her to get her less exposed you still have to deal with waves of powerful flying enemies and kill them all.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Trust me, you would not clear that paralogue.

It's a pseudo defend chapter and even if you know about rescuing her to get her less exposed you still have to deal with waves of powerful flying enemies and kill them all.

So, throw Panne at the problem, like the rest of Awakening.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, throw Panne at the problem, like the rest of Awakening.

NO!

There's multiple fronts and they all go for Tiki to kill her!

They'll ignore Panne if they can get away with it!

They'll fly in and around.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

NO!

There's multiple fronts and they all go for Tiki to kill her!

They'll ignore Panne if they can get away with it!

They'll fly in and around.

Bold of you to assume that I would care about Tiki's survival. May I remind you, my final cast consisted entirely of Chrom, Edgy Kabba, Flavia, Gregor and Panne?

...Oh God I really did kill the entire cast did I-- Edgy Kabba's next appearance is going to be even more edgy after these traumatic events...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bold of you to assume that I would care about Tiki's survival. May I remind you, my final cast consisted entirely of Chrom, Edgy Kabba, Flavia, Gregor and Panne?

Bold of you to not realise it's a game over if she dies.

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Made myself a birthday present by puchasing Persona 5 Strikers for 35 € on Amazon.

Though I guess no one here does play it...

I think I should turn into a ghost again since this chat is blasted with games and other things I have no clue of, and no one plays or cares for Kirby.

Monologing only causes depression.

Happy birthday!! 🥳🥳

Made myself a birthday present by puchasing Persona 5 Strikers for 35 € on Amazon.

Oh, that's right! I missed that part of your post. Happy birthday!

ummm, where's Lianka? I mean i can imagine why Ed wouldn't be there since it's a cave at all (even though there're 2 dragons down there, and even then we saw a dismounted Ed...), but where is Lianka? She has 2 of my repair stones for that Team...

Made myself a birthday presen

Happy Birthday, our dear Teehee master!

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then Panne happened and I mirrored her performance in real life: After spending most of the time way behind, I just shot ahead, caught up to you, left you behind in the dust and shattered my game into a million tiny pieces. All over the course of a single day.

I blame ch18 as it made me rage quit for a while for how bad it was. A whole map of pacifist walking simulator until weak enemy massacre isn't exactly good design. I thought while playing it ''Is this how Ruben feels while playing PoR and Awakening?'' lol

Oh well, Today or tomorrow i will try to finish Vestaria. I doubt i can finish 19 and 20 today though haha

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest feels more accidental than anything else.

Afaik Conquest was done by the Team wanting to make FE challenging as possible and return to the roots or something. Rumor goes during Fates there were 2 Teams working on the game, one Team wanted to go full 'modern' and leave everything about the series behind, while other team didn't like awakening's direction and wanted to return to the roots.

Or so the rumor goes. It was very widespread before 3H.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I thought while playing it ''Is this how Ruben feels while playing PoR and Awakening?'' lol

Oof... Well, that's fair enough, I suppose.

And, well, yeah, it's probably something close to that... But the four bottom titles more than Awakening. By the end of Awakening I went mad with power and ended up asking myself the opposite question: "Is this what some of the folks at the thread feel like when playing these games that I don't like?"

By being the worst Fire Emblem, Awakening managed to somehow be more enjoyable than the FEs I've placed below it. Go figure.

Afaik Conquest was done by the Team wanting to make FE challenging as possible and return to the roots or something. Rumor goes during Fates there were 2 Teams working on the game, one Team wanted to go full 'modern' and leave everything about the series behind, while other team didn't like awakening's direction and wanted to return to the roots.

I've heard the rumors, but... What happened after Fates, then? Did the good team get wiped out of existence? Echoes and Three Houses are both far closer to Awakening than they are to Conquest... Echoes can be chalked up to being too faithful a remake, but Three Houses is just Awakening with 40 minutes of added downtime between chapters. And less fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Did the good team get wiped out of existence?

Duuno, but most people speculate they are in control now with Echoes and 3H (and that 3H needed 1 more year in the oven) while other team is now in charge of heroes

Though I guess no one here does play it...

Monologing only causes depression.

Hapyy Birthday!!!

Much as I like the Persona franchise, Fire Emblem Warriors taught me that I simply don't like Musou games, so when I learned it was a Koei Tecmo game where they made a Musou Persona, I lost all interest in it. I might watch an LP eventually, but the gameplay of those is simply not for me...

Also I am a bit of a Kirby fan, although its been a while since I have really sunk my teeth into one of them. Kirby games tend to have the ideal structure as a casual platformer, where the basic path of the game is comfortable to get through, but they show you optional challenges to encourage you to get more into them, and seek a satisfying mastery, without forcing you into that.

Random aside, recently I have been playing some classic Fallout recently (as in the first game from the 90s), which has been an interesting experience. It took a little finagling to get a PC game that old to run, and the controls have this ancient feeling of inconvenience, but it is such a compelling experience despite that. I am not too far, having recently reached the trading city of the Hub (note that is its name, not its actual function in the game), and its clear that the next place to look to push the plot is the ancient ghoul infested abandoned vault known as the Necropolis...

Duuno, but most people speculate they are in control now with Echoes and 3H

R.I.P. FE then

Okay no, but all jokes aside, I seriously hope they don't rush the next title like they did 3H. I'd rather wait a few extra years for a new FE than have it reek of a complete lack of time, resources, planning and playtesting as 3H does.

I mean, they don't need to. Proper marketing and the brand name will sell anything. But I'm still holding on to some hope that FE won't die in my heart just yet.

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Musou games

A what games?

...Ohh, I see. It's Metal Gear Nanomachines but less good Yeah, I understand your opinion.

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Random aside, recently I have been playing some classic Fallout recently (as in the first game from the 90s), which has been an interesting experience.

Never played that one, but it does seem interesting, from what I've seen of it. Certainly seems to feel less... Bethesda, than New Vegas does.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hapyy Birthday!!!

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Happy Birthday,

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Happy birthday!! 🥳🥳

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Happy birthday!

Thankies!

our dear Teehee master!

what!?

Much as I like the Persona franchise, Fire Emblem Warriors taught me that I simply don't like Musou games, so when I learned it was a Koei Tecmo game where they made a Musou Persona, I lost all interest in it. I might watch an LP eventually, but the gameplay of those is simply not for me...

same here

I never ever have been interested in hack and slash games as in FE Warriors since it looked way too hectic and chaotic to me.

I played Nights of Azure 2 which goes a bit in the direction of this, and I have to say it was not as bad as expected.

If Strikers isn't too chaotic for my eyes, I should enjoy it.

I just got glasses recently, so this should work out to my favor.

Also I am a bit of a Kirby fan, although its been a while since I have really sunk my teeth into one of them. Kirby games tend to have the ideal structure as a casual platformer, where the basic path of the game is comfortable to get through, but they show you optional challenges to encourage you to get more into them, and seek a satisfying mastery, without forcing you into that.

I love the mix of action platformer, shoot'em up and also skill game in once.

Superstar is technically a mix of different genres.

Though I really don't enjoy the cave which reminds on a Castlevania for being very open; got lost so many times.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conquest feels more accidental than anything else.

Missed this, but no. Conquest was designed to be “more challenging” and “for veterans”, so no, it wasn’t an accident. The whole point behind Fates’ routes was route for casuals + route for elitists veterans + third route because why not? = money.

Unless you mean the story being so bad it’s wonderful to you lol.

Me, an European: Whomst?

A pizza place priced so generously that you’re basically getting free food, but it’s not tHe AuThEnTiC pIzZa ExPeRiEnCe because they don’t use the fanciest ingredients and what have you so some people ardently oppose it.

Edited by Sooks

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Missed this, but no. Conquest was designed to be “more challenging” and “for veterans”, so no, it wasn’t an accident. The whole point behind Fates was route for casuals + route for elitists veterans + third route because why not? = money.

In other words, Fates is the only competently designed FE in the modern era.

Every day I gain new appreciation for that game. One of these days I must put out these unelitist tendencies by playing Birthright. Or worse... Revelation.

Unless you mean the story being so bad it’s wonderful to you lol.

The story can go fuck itself, I couldn't care less.

...You know what's concerning, though? I cared more about Conquest's cast than Awakening's. I never skipped a support in Conquest, not that I recall at least. In Awakening I ended up only reading Virion's chain with Cherche because she kept roasting him, and Gregor's chain with Panne because Gregor is best man. Everything else was like... "yeah, Kellam is invisible, I get it... Yes, Frederick is obsessive, I know that... Oh Chrom and Edgy Kabba have no personality, like they often do... Aha, Sully's being rude again, neat... I don't even know who Ricken is... Ahhh skip skip skip."

Maybe I'm just misremembering, but while they weren't exactly super engaging, Fates's supports were at least a bit better than Awakening's! The only other chain that was semi interesting was Libra/Tharja. It was headed in an interesting direction. Unfortunately, they had very little to do in the final chapters, so they couldn't raise enough points for A before they both died.

Alongside everyone, I might add. Literally everyone except for Panne and Gregor because I needed them for the final boss, and Flavia because I needed her to protect useless little Chrom. Not a single soul was spared. Even the likes of Vaike and Lon'qu left the bench to serve as sacrifices. I've never cared this little for a FE cast in my life. And then I killed off Edgy Kabba in the ending, too. Unless they used some sort of "power of friendship" shenanigans to spare her life. Wouldn't surprise me... Unfortunately, I skipped the ending (I still can't believe they let me skip the ending but not Grima tossing spikes at Panne for the 50th time), so I have no idea lol

tl;dr: Fates story so bad that it's good, Fates gameplay good. Awakening gameplay so bad that it's good, Awakening story bad.

A pizza place priced so generously that you’re basically getting free food, but it’s not tHe AuThEnTiC pIzZa ExPeRiEnCe because they don’t use the fanciest ingredients and what have you so some people ardently oppose it.

Sounds very America/10 to me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I need to stop going to bed so late.

A dream started with planning a vacation (one is being planned IRL ATM involving me). But then, it gets "gamey" when I momentarily get frustrated on how to "advance the plot", and that results in ICBMs being launched from Alaska of all places. At this point, the nonsense that is a dream has transitioned to a first-person perspective in 16-bit, and after the ICBMs explode in a flash, the center of the screen goes black. In the middle of the screen, a dark grey bald, angry, disembodied head appears. It asks me what it is. I readily answer "God" and that seems to have incensed it more, triggering a battle but the dream ends before it actually happens.

What the hell SMT? Why did you enter my liminal state? I'm pretty sure I saw the portraits of Walter and Jonathan pass in one flash of a moment. Let me sleep in peace YHVH, nobody likes you.

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Made myself a birthday present

Happy birthday!🎂

3 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

and no one plays or cares for Kirby.

I enjoy Kirby games quite a bit, I just haven't really had much to say on the topic.

27 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Though I really don't enjoy the cave which reminds on a Castlevania for being very open; got lost so many times.

The Great Cave Offensive isn't too complicated for me, you can stick to one area until you clear it out of treasures and then move on to the next. Maybe you stumble into the next area accidentally in the crystal caves and cloud gardens portions, but the jungle is pretty linear and the castle is entirely optional.

Amazing Mirror on the other hand does have a problematic layout to me.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Or so the rumor goes. It was very widespread before 3H.

I don't think it was a rumor, I know it was outright said in an interview they had a traditional vs. modernist divide in Awakening's development team. Fans can speculate on the conflict between the two groups however, and how much each "won" or "lost" with each game though.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Ohh, I see. It's Metal Gear Nanomachines but less good Yeah, I understand your opinion.

🤨

To be fair, Musou usually gets 6 or 7/10, I do enjoy them once in a while though for a burst of entertaining power catharsis. I'm seriously considering Samurai Warriors 5 with it coming to Switch.

Although in your case, maybe you should offer them a little mercy. Although they are rife with pretty anime boys and cute/cleaved anime girls, they do have a few old men.

1ae8a84933b31f7c6371a7d582f55fb7.jpg