• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is so Kaga.

If only the game gave you any indication! Not to mention that if you take too long trying to figure out how the shit this works Ravinia will just show up and murder everybody. It's pretty frustrating design. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how you aren't even bringing up the gameplay. Just the story and Rinkah.

I did. I said “maps that won’t meet your expectations” or something. I only didn’t bring up Revelation’s because I was curious why you thought it would be worse than Birthright.

6 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Made myself a birthday present by puchasing Persona 5 Strikers for 35 € on Amazon.

Happy birthday!🎂

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You think Revelation is worse than Birthright?

I mean you’re right, but why? I through you didn’t know much about either of them. I think you would quit Birthright out of boredom because nothing happens in the story until the veeery end so just imagine Awakening up to chapter 8 but for almost every chapter with the occasional mention of siblings or something, and the maps won’t meet your standards, so I can’t really see anything keeping you.

Oh wait Rinkah is playable in that one.

Revelation’s story, meanwhile, is an actual plot and I think would be something to laugh at for you (Rinkah is also playable though).

Birthright's story is just Shadow Dragon, but dumbed down by Fates storytelling. Revelation only has a plot until they jump off a cliff.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of course that’s all my opinion. Maybe you skipped them too early, because y’know...

That was also my point the day before yesterday, but I decided not to keep pushing, so ...

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Birthright's story is just Shadow Dragon, but dumbed down by Fates storytelling. Revelation only has a plot until they jump off a cliff.

Bold of you to assume I know anything about Shadow Dragon. That’s one of the ones I have yet to play.

And yeah, but at least Revelation has the entire concept to laugh at every chapter.

45 minutes ago, Spara said:

There's a chest in the bottom-right of the map that contains a Withered Bow. If Cyltan enters the middle hall-room thing with it in his inventory and not the Am Solim, it becomes Ceddica's Will, a very, very powerful bow. A trained Cyltan will just ORKO, and an untrained one will deal very decent damage, especially with buffs from Siegfried and Aynellia.

...how's anyone suppossed to get that?

Also the bow i got from that is Fell Fury. Because i had both Dune's and Cyltan's bows?

28 minutes ago, Spara said:

Nothing happens to it, since the game expects you to use Am Solim for the kill if you still have it.

Alm Solim can't kill the Dragon though. Only Dune with his Bow could 2 round it.

Alm Solim dealt like 5 x 4 damage, and the boss heals 30 HP per turn. Dune dealt 11 x 4, and with dance that's 8 x 11, and 2 crits and the Dragon is dead.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Let me know how that behemoth of a map goes

Might record/stream it depending on my mood lol

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Alm Solim dealt like 5 x 4 damage,

Even with Aynellia, Siegfried, and Hoelun buffing him? 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bold of you to assume I know anything about Shadow Dragon. That’s one of the ones I have yet to play.

If you played Genealogy Gen 2, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance then you know SD's story.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean you technically did play Shadow Dragon already.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Without Aynellia since she was defending the green units, but with Hoelun. With Sieg buff it's still only 7 x 4.

Less than what the boss heals

With Aynellia buffs, that's basically 10x4. So 10x8 with a dance. Pretty solid, all things considered.

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

If you played Genealogy Gen 2, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance then you know SD's story.

Let’s go fight the evil empire while nothing happens and then there’s a dragon/dark god?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean you technically did play Shadow Dragon already.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

8XbP6dQ.png

lol

And to think she's literally one damage off of killing before the counter...

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Might record/stream it depending on my mood lol

Ooo! Let me know if you do! I'll probably miss it because SCHOOL, but...

(Also, thank you for the plugin!)

---

Happy birthday @Zan Partizanne!

---

'Morning, all!

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You're gonna play Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Awesome.

LeaSmug.png

Uh... Look, I've given the entire series a chance, but a game that doesn't even have FE gameplay is not something I've any interest on. You'll have to forgive me for not being so attached to the series's name that I'd waste my time on anything that plasters the words "fire" and "emblem" on its title. If the premise was even slightly interesting to me, them maybe, but it isn't. Soooo yeah.

I know you were memeing, but well, those are my honest reasons for not wanting to play Tokyo Mirage.

37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I did. I said “maps that won’t meet your expectations” or something. I only didn’t bring up Revelation’s because I was curious why you thought it would be worse than Birthright.

Right... Well, that's too bad.

33 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

That was also my point the day before yesterday, but I decided not to keep pushing, so ...

Good call. It's not worth getting heated about something like this.

That being said, let me defend myself a bit here, because I don't think it's fair to just brush it off as "yeah it's Ruben's fault for skipping." I didn't skip anything until Gangrel died. My reward? Like 8 chapters of a medieval-themed slice of life anime where the characters had exactly one character trait that the game loved to use in unfunny gags. There wasn't even a story for those 8 chapters, we were just moving from place to place to see the next dumb joke at the expense of the next rando. And if you like that, that's fine, but I don't. Just my honest opinion.

Then the story just suddenly got serious out of nowhere, and somehow that was even worse, because aside from Gangrel being super well written, everything else was either completely forgettable or memorable for all the wrong reasons. Like, seriously, I know I keep nagging about this one point, but... The hierarch, man. The hierarch is one of the worst bits of writing I've seen in any story ever. You can't fuck up that badly and expect me to give you many more chances. Emmeryn's sacrifice is a great plot point, but at that point the story had lost me, because it had screwed up one too many times.

Is Walhart a good villain? Is the Valm arc great? Are the time travelling shenanigans secretly amazingly written? Perhaps. I won't deny, the chance exists. But I value my time at least a little bit, and if the 12 first chapters of the story are nothing but a waste of time anytime Gangrel isn't present, well... I'm sorry, but I'm going to start skipping, because the story just failed to hold my interest. And once again, not trying to claim that I am 100% right about everything, these were just my honest impressions.

I'm not going to get through to you and neither are you, so let's just agree to disagree and move on. However, I'd just appreciate it if you could accept that maybe my opinion is as valid as yours, and not merely the result of self-fulfilling prophecies and not having enough faith in the game to give it a 17th chance.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>goes outside
>suddenly Hail

dafuq weather

I can't believe Real Life has rain, that mechanic should never have been reused after Fire Emblem 7.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>goes outside
>suddenly Hail

dafuq weather

I got a two hour long hailstorm last summer. Hail was super large too. Was interesting to see in the first week of August.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I know you were memeing, but well, those are my honest reasons for not wanting to play Tokyo Mirage.

Yeah, I know there's no chance in hell that you'd enjoy TMS.

I'm just shilling the game because it is vastly underappreciated.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is Walhart a good villain? Is the Valm arc great? Are the time travelling shenanigans secretly amazingly written? Perhaps. I won't deny, the chance exists.

Because you definitely missed this raw exchange, here it is

IMG_20210406_125557.jpg

There's also another line in the DLC where I believe he speaks to evil Hardin. Or was it Raydrik? It was one of the two, they look the same. Anyways, Walhart asks the other guy what he plans to do after his conquest is done and when the other guy can't respond because they didn't think that far ahead, Walhart says that "a conquest without reason cannot be called a conquest" and I thought that was a cool exchange.

Walhart in general has rule of cool in his favor imo.