• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In bad news tho, my college had the audacity to somehow think i stopped being in attendance during the Summer semester in June. They sent me a letter about how i "was no longer in attendance as of 6/22", which is bullshit because i was there the entire time and how i owe them $233 and how i won't be able to register for future classes or apply for more aid until i pay up.

1. The classes and aid for the Fall semester that's about to start doesn't seem to be affected because on my account, it says i'm registered and that financial aid has been accepted deferredĀ a week before this letter was sent.
  2. It can't have been that i failed the class i took in the summer because my account not only says that i took the class but also that i'm still eligible for financial aid. Professors will automatically drop you from a class if you lack attendence, which didn't happen to me because i showed upĀ all the time.
  3. This is all bullshit and i won't be able to resolve it until Monday because the financial aid office is closed but imma send them an email with all the fucking evidence that i was in attendance.

I hope everything works out for you.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Adding to your Other Trash Opinions are you? Everyone knows the NSMB series was creatively bankrupt after the first one, and that they are thus horrendous games. Now go replay SMB3 for the 1028th time.

I mean, i do think the series is creatively bankrupt but that didn't happen untilĀ afterĀ Wii. Because Wii is the logical progression from New Super Mario Bros on the DS.

2 with it's coins gimmick was kinda cute but by the time NSMBU arrived, yeah, the series is basically dead. Explains why, apart from the port, there is no NSMB on Switch yet.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

wow, thats a serious pain... Good luck, with the system i guess.

It's so bullshit. Literally sending this a week before classes start and two weeks before i gotta help my mom pay rent.

The $233 due shows up on my college account butĀ it literally was not there when i signed up for classes last week.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That ain't World. /s

You're right, it isn't, because World is the second best 2D Mario.

Just now, Sooks said:

I hope everything works out for you.

I hope so too because it feels like i'm being scammed right now.

Like $233 isn't too much, i could pay that with a paycheck. But i shouldn't have to.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

n bad news tho, my college had the audacity to somehow think i stopped being in attendance during the Summer semester in June. They sent me a letter about how i "was no longer in attendance as of 6/22", which is bullshit because i was there the entire time and how i owe them $233 and how i won't be able to register for future classes or apply for more aid until i pay up.

1. The classes and aid for the Fall semester that's about to start doesn't seem to be affected because on my account, it says i'm registered and that financial aid has been accepted deferredĀ a week before this letter was sent.
  2. It can't have been that i failed the class i took in the summer because my account not only says that i took the class but also that i'm still eligible for financial aid. Professors will automatically drop you from a class if you lack attendence, which didn't happen to me because i showed upĀ all the time.
  3. This is all bullshit and i won't be able to resolve it until Monday because the financial aid office is closed but imma send them an email with all the fucking evidence that i was in attendance

oh boy.

Good luck man. Paper work is never fun. Especially when they fuck up and blame it on you

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh boy.

Good luck man. Paper work is never fun. Especially when they fuck up and blame it on you

If the letter just said "hey you failed the class so you gotta pay" it would be more understandable, because that would actually be my fault.

*Sigh*. I won't worry about this. Can't do anything about it while their office is closed anyways. I'll just relax and play more Spider-Man to take my mind off it.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

I guess what i should have said was "are any so bad that i could skip and not miss really anything.

Anecdotally I think 2 is incredibly padded (it's the only Trails game I'd say I didn't fully enjoy plot and character-wise), but all games are important enough in their own right. NISA and Falcom have both stated you can start with 3 since the game has briefs recaps as a separate menu and takes place two years after 2, but 3 and 4 (and I guess the same would be the same for Reverie/Hajimari) were all clearly made with the expectation that the player has played all previous games because of how much they lean into them.

I have a confession to make.

With recent discussions about upcoming titles and a certain FEtuber's playing of a title in the series, I've been kinda getting into the idea of playing a series I though had burnt me out. So I've been figuring out capture lists for Pokemon across titles and I'm considering doing a nuzlocke for the first time in ages.

I have come concerns about my actions. Also, turns out my SS and W2 carts have playthroughs from my niece and in good conscience I can't delete them (Okay, maybe not the case with SS, I think that mightn't have been). So it's looking like emulation if I do too. Also apparently I have a Swinub owned by me that I met at level 0 on my legit Platinum cart. How did that happen I wonder.

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

NISA and Falcom have both stated you can start with 3 since the game has briefs recaps as a separate menu and takes place two years after 2, but 3 and 4 (and I guess the same would be the same for Reverie/Hajimari) were all clearly made with the expectation that the player has played all previous games because of how much they lean into them.

Yeah, when I tried CSIII's demo I didn't really feel like diving right into this story detail, which honestly probably didn't help my experience.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's so bullshit. Literally sending this a week before classes start and two weeks before i gotta help my mom pay rent.

The $233 due shows up on my college account butĀ it literally was not there when i signed up for classes last week.

Dont ever settle, and dont ever give in. If you do, then they will always attempt to do shit like that. Trust me, I know.

2 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Anecdotally I think 2 is incredibly padded (it's the only Trails game I'd say I didn't fully enjoy plot and character-wise), but all games are important enough in their own right. NISA and Falcom have both stated you can start with 3 since the game has briefs recaps as a separate menu and takes place two years after 2, but 3 and 4 (and I guess the same would be the same for Reverie/Hajimari) were all clearly made with the expectation that the player has played all previous games because of how much they lean into them.

Alrighty, got it, thank you.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ya know

my biggest wish for next FE would be:

A footie lance class again.

NephNeph in Tellius and Spear Masters in Fates are so damn fun to use

I never understood this logic, why do people always wanna see Lance units? Honestly asking.Ā 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

NephNeph in Tellius and Spear Masters in Fates are so damn fun to use

On the one hand, there are other lancers in Tellius (And technically War Master Dedue with Vengeance spam could count šŸ˜›).

On the other hand, me saying that isn't exactly genuine when I'm still like NephNeph mothafucka

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I never understood this logic, why do people always wanna see Lance units? Honestly asking.Ā 

For the lack of it across the series as opposed to sword and axe infantry?

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd rather get more brigands. Like, proper brigands, not high schoolers vaguely cosplaying as brigands.

Another reason Dagda is the best. Daddy Dagda.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lances are my fav. Physical weapon type

I suppose thats fair enough.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For the lack of it across the series as opposed to sword and axe infantry?

But why is that a huge deal? Thats like saying: there are too many lance cavs in FE.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd rather get more brigands. Like, proper brigands, not high schoolers vaguely cosplaying as brigands.

Pero la certificaciĆ³n les permitirĆ­aĀ unirse alĀ Sindicato ƚnico de Bandidos, Cacos, Rateros y Similares.

On further inspection I think she started on SS too because the text speed was still Mid.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

But why is that a huge deal? Thats like saying: there are too many lance cavs in FE.Ā 

Honestly? Yeah kinda.

40 minutes ago, Dayni said:

With recent discussions about upcoming titles and a certain FEtuber's playing of a title in the series, I've been kinda getting into the idea of playing a series I though had burnt me out. So I've been figuring out capture lists for Pokemon across titles and I'm considering doing a nuzlocke for the first time in ages.

Yay! Another one to the team!

41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have come concerns about my actions. Also, turns out my SS and W2 carts have playthroughs from my niece and in good conscience I can't delete them (Okay, maybe not the case with SS, I think that mightn't have been). So it's looking like emulation if I do too. Also apparently I have a Swinub owned by me that I met at level 0 on my legit Platinum cart. How did that happen I wonder.

Do you have a hacked 3DS? You can create a backup using Checkpoint.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Do you have a hacked 3DS? You can create a backup using Checkpoint.

It's no issue to delete these saves, nostalgia be dammed.Ā Any pokemon I want to transfer to 3DS titles still are on my White cart and everything else is on the 3DS titles to look "forward" to.

Shame I can't restart either of my top two titles because of what I mentioned earlier. Meanwhile Good job Micaiah, Trainer of Dawn!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Yet most people dont care. But when it comes to sword units? Raging is all the rage, apparently. Xd

Maybe I'd like to see more cav diversity too.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Yay! Another one to the team!

Funny to think if this works it'd be the first time I was at least somewhat enthusiastically playing in at least 5 years.

Says a lot about me and Gen 7.