Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Cock

Cock

COCK

COOOCK

A THOUSAND FUCKING BLUNDERING COOOCKS NOOOOOO

I FORGOT KUMAGERA HAS COUNTERMAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHGHGRHHAHGAHHAHAHCAHGHAHGAHRGAHGH

An hour of my life down the damned drain...

20 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I'm too busy nowadays to bully you Ruben, but I'll try my best!

Okay, fine.

...Wait, no, that's not fine at all--

20 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ruben has shit taste.

Weren't you supposed to be busy?

20 minutes ago, Spara said:

She's up there, but c'mon, Tianna and Paramythis exist. 

True. They're both best girls too.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A combination of the pokemon Nuzleaf and John Locke, a character on the TV show Lost, who was in turn named after an English philosopher of the same name.

One of the first nuzlockes or the first nuzlocke comic on the internet of something like that had a Nuzleaf that they named Locke, I’m pretty sure. Not sure what was special about Locke the Nuzleaf though. Maybe he was the fan favorite.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, history time.

So, over a decade ago this one American starts a webcomic of his Ruby playthrough with the most basic of the nuclocke rules, which was a combination of limiting captures and ironmans which people would have done previously separately and named "Pokemon Hard Mode" The name changed after one of the pokemon caught in the run, a Nuzleaf that was used to reference John Locke from Lost became a breakout among the cast especially after it's death, Nuzlocke being a simple combination of the names.

Course it spread beyond the initial community that sprung up around the comic for those who also played with these rules to some severity or other (mostly more severe), keeping the term as it went, even for larger streamers. I found it in 2010 after a dive on Bulbapedia and was an active member on the forum but that's off topic.

I see. Thanks.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Dayni, in your pfp, is that Minccino? If it is, good taste right there! Difficult to tell since its GB style, lmao.

It's Cinccino, yeah it's hard to tell with the GB sprite.

I picked it from Dodgedusk's Let's Play he mentioned because I had a laugh on seeing it to be honest. Never really had much of an opinion on it beyond always hearing Minccino's cry sound like "QWOP!" for a while.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey you, whippersnapper, let the old man who was in the community tell you the story!

You were there? You remember the ancient times?

My apologies, sir.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cock

Cock

COCK

COOOCK

A THOUSAND FUCKING BLUNDERING COOOCKS NOOOOOO

I FORGOT KUMAGERA HAS COUNTERMAGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHGHGRHHAHGAHHAHAHCAHGHAHGAHRGAHGH

An hour of my life down the damned drain...

Ruben. You’re playing on a legitimate 3DS. What possible reason could you have to not be using save states?

Just now, Dayni said:

It's Cinccino, yeah it's hard to tell with the GB sprite.

I picked it from Dodgedusk's Let's Play he mentioned because I had a laugh on seeing it to be honest. Never really had much of an opinion on it beyond always hearing Minccino's cry sound like "QWOP!" for a while.

Minccino/Cinccino are the CUTEST! 

...just saying. Xd

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ruben. You’re playing on a legitimate 3DS. What possible reason could you have to not be using save states?

They're not made automatically and the map went so smoothly that I didn't make any myself.

I should've known I was being set up for a fall... Fuck these counter skills, seriously. I can never remember the enemies have them. Never.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This was a devastating reset waiting to happen.

My only relief is that, since this is lunatic, none of the great levels I got are lost, I just have to get them again.

...Seriously great, that mechanic. Sure, stinks when you get a bad level, but on the other hand, I stress less over bad levels. Who cares if someone gets a bad level on the first enemy of the map? I don't need to reset and get a better one, because I can't! I can just keep on going with my life. It's so nice.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You were there? You remember the ancient times?

I remember when the original webcomic was updated.

I remember when the forums had many at their doors and there was the glut of stories told.

I remember when the larger content creators took them for a swing and made them for good and glory.

I remember...... What it was once was. What I once loved. What it shall never be again.

..I don't even hate what happened. Forgive my rambling.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...just saying. Xd

I really never got to using them when I played either Unova title.

We'll see if that happens whenever I get round to playing them again.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Seriously great, that mechanic. Sure, stinks when you get a bad level, but on the other hand, I stress less over bad levels. Who cares if someone gets a bad level on the first enemy of the map? I don't need to reset and get a better one, because I can't! I can just keep on going with my life. It's so nice.

On the other hand, if a unit rolls multiple bad levels it becomes harder to rehabilitate unless you're capable of dealing with low stats. And the inexperienced will probably not do so well with that.

And imagine if it happened for someone playing Rev, where enemies have the highest stats of all routes!

Edited by Dayni

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Combat once I was free to explore the forests and mountains got tough. I've been fortunate most enemies so far are peaceful except when attacked, as they're capable of killing me in about three attacks, and once they're angry, they're relentless to no end and won't be satisfied until your flesh is hanging by a bonfire and becoming jerky. I'm feeling inclined towards pacifism. The guy who challenged me to a duel I lost against all five times.

Here's a word of advice. You want your equipment level to be equal or higher than your player level because the former is what determines whether your overleveled or underleveled. Equipment gotten from the trading posts is generally better than what you can find in the shops.

Also, don't forget, the game has custom difficulty so you can fine tune it to your liking.

The guy who challenged me to a duel I lost against all five times.

Oof.

You'll get to rematch him eventually, hopefully then you can kick him in his smug-ass face haha.

And a new NSMB is so necessary anymore, Super Mario Maker, while not perfect or the same as a proper game, does let fans make their own unofficial NSMBs.

I still wish for a new 2D Mario tho. Maybe not an NSMB but like, Super Mario Maker isn't a proper replacement. Especially when, for me at least, it's a game i'd rather watch people play than play myself.

32 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

unknown.png

Kronii is great. Definitely going to be part of the Kronies in the future--her radio-esque voice was extremely pleasant to listen to.

She looks like a Fate character.

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...just saying. Xd

they did good shit in my nuzlocke. but i named them after the spearhead of the forums--vincentasm--so they had to be good

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

On the other hand, if a unit rolls multiple bad levels it becomes harder to rehabilitate unless you're capable of dealing with low stats. And the inexperienced will probably not do so well with that.

Yes, that's true, but bad levels are much less common in the world of high growth rates. There's room for frustration, but overall, the mechanic works in the player's benefit more often, I feel.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cheat! Cheat! Cheat! Xd

What do you prove by redoing the past hour that was the map? That you’re patient? You’ve already done this before. No reason to subject yourself to it again if you don’t have to and can keep everyone alive!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My only relief is that, since this is lunatic, none of the great levels I got are lost, I just have to get them again.

And when Ruben first played lunatic, he compared this mechanic to Kaga jank. He really has just become a Fates fanboy.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I remember when the larger content creators took them for a swing and made them for good and glory.

I remember...... What it was once was. What I once loved. What it shall never be again.

Wait, how can biz lockers be that different now? Shouldn’t a larger content creator’a nuzlocke be similar to those of old? They’re the same games with the same rules, what’s changed?

Cjpi4bpq o

Skill emblem is not good for my health.

...And still I managed to get out of there alive thanks to defense stance. Fates mechanics invalidated each other. Oohhh, my heart though...

Just now, Sooks said:

And when Ruben first played lunatic, he compared this mechanic to Kaga jank. He really has just become a Fates fanboy.

Remember when I started playing Fates and I said I wouldn't even touch the dating sim because it was crinj?

How the mighty have fallen indeed...

Just now, Sooks said:

Wait, how can biz lockers be that different now? Shouldn’t a larger content creator’a nuzlocke be similar to those of old? They’re the same games with the same rules, what’s changed?

I didn't say they made massive changes. I was referring to how these playthrough would be told more and more in video format. I have fond memories of reading webcomic playthroughs from artists or reading people's stories. I'm not saying they were all good at it or most came close to finishing (myself included), just reminiscing about how I used to see these stories and how they've faded in time.

Man I really am a boomer after all.

Aaaaaaaaaand then I died. Again.

I am doing worse and worse each attempt, but I am too stubborn to go to bed with this map undone after dying to Kumagera. I refuse. I'm beating this now.

Cjpi4bpq o

Dark mage Niles? Interesting.

Remember when I started playing Fates and I said I wouldn't even touch the dating sim because it was crinj?

How the mighty have fallen indeed...

Remember when you finished your first play through and it wasn’t your second favorite FE? And it wasn’t about to become your first?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I didn't say they made massive changes. I was referring to how these playthrough would be told more and more in video format. I have fond memories of reading webcomic playthroughs from artists or reading people's stories. I'm not saying they were all good at it or most came close to finishing (myself included), just reminiscing about how I used to see these stories and how they've faded in time.

Man I really am a boomer after all.

Oh, gotcha.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then be the cool kind of boomer.

Fallout New Vegas - Easiest Route to THE BOOMERS (Artilley Strikes Quest) -  YouTube

That was the generation before the boomers though. 😛

Also, Fallout's after my time

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh, gotcha.

Honestly I find it funnier than I should that your response to that was essentially "K".

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I really never got to using them when I played either Unova title.

We'll see if that happens whenever I get round to playing them again.

it better! XD

15 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

they did good shit in my nuzlocke. but i named them after the spearhead of the forums--vincentasm--so they had to be good

Someone has good taste!

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She was completely useless until the flame shuriken, but then she singlehandedly (well, with an Odin pair up, but details) kicked the asses of Orochi's whole squad.

Flame Shuriken Felicia is really really strong. Until Ch18 she is a great combat unit. Falls off hard after tho, but she still has stuff ultility

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reason number 9000 why Fates gameplay is best

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly I find it funnier than I should that your response to that was essentially "K".

I just didn’t understand what you meant the first time.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Someone has good taste!

It was a lot of fun, that LP. Did you finish it, Dayni?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Reason number 9000 why Fates gameplay is best

reason number 9001 why shrimp is best