Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Yes, on second thought, I... I probably should've phrased that differently.

Looks like Dayni’s oubliette is gonna be filled again sooner than we thought.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

All right, so in the end, I hadn't the heart to kill Shura. However, the generic adventurer is still better. So I decided to do a funny.

Vdfslf7r o

I gave him a tank.

Just now, Sooks said:

Hey @Saint Rubenio, what was that game you were playing before with the puzzle about chocolate? Solving it made me feel like a genius, I want more.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village. First game in the series. Give it a shot! It's really fun. Though be warned, it is as capable of making you feel like a genius as it is of making you feel like a complete moron.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Professor Layton and the Curious Village. First game in the series. Give it a shot! It's really fun.

A series? Well, if I like it, I guess I’ll have a lot to play later. If I play it.

Though be warned, it is as capable of making you feel like a genius as it is of making you feel like a complete moron.

Sounds fun.

Damnit, I have the most creative use for a rescue charge, but since the game is balanced around preserving every single staff till the endgame, I can't do it. Fsss... That is so annoying, honestly.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

have quite a few Dragon Maid reactions for someone who doesn't watch it

You should fix that then

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Banpresto was responsible for the writing of EF.

That makes sense, as it's Super Robot Wars first and everything else second.

Will still like a viable translation of the SRW that follows up on Haken and Sanger after PxZ tho.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, having a life, that's something I need to get. As vile as the eternal wheel of work is, it provides a sense of purpose for those who've lost the capacity to feel content drowned in hedonistic pleasure. Good luck with everything.

On the other hand, I miss the days when I had endless free time.

....even when I lacked the cash to play new games.

Haha, such is life.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, I have the most creative use for a rescue charge, but since the game is balanced around preserving every single staff till the endgame, I can't do it. Fsss... That is so annoying, honestly.

Here's where i needed rescue on Lunatic

Takumi's fun castle

Ryoma (because i needed the chests. If you cheese the map you don't need it)

Endgame to kill the inevitable end staffers from hell

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What was the use for rescue though?

I hate Arthur's paralogue so much. I hate it so much, and the fact that it's absolutely vital because money in Conquest. I want to say that it's a good concept, but on the other hand, it's long as all hell and a single mistake puts you all the way back at the beginning. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's where i needed rescue on Lunatic

Takumi's fun castle

Ryoma (because i needed the chests. If you cheese the map you don't need it)

Endgame to kill the inevitable end staffers from hell

Duly noted.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What was the use for rescue though?

Ah, it doesn't matter. It ended up not working out anyway.

hate Arthur's paralogue so much. I hate it so much, and the fact that it's absolutely vital because money in Conquest. I want to say that it's a good concept, but on the other hand, it's long as all hell and a single mistake puts you all the way back at the beginning. Thanks

You are emulating

07d.jpg

Just now, Armagon said:

You are emulating

07d.jpg

I mean, yeah. What do you think I'm doing? I really don't like to use save states, so I try not to go overboard with them, but at some point I have to stop and realize that I'm doing the exact same moves for like 6 turns and it's not worth wasting time on doing it another 17 times.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:59 AM, Shrimperor said:

Sing with me a song of mindblow and rescue

As The Nina kills maids across the map

Corrin breaks through the center, paired with a witch, lost in thoughts, all alone

You are the Ocean's Inevitable End

Destined to reset beyond the shore just out of reach

No, seriously, this map. All the enemies with lunge weren't enough, they had to give a couple of mercs fucking Luna. Ohh, yes, proc chance of straight up losing! Now isn't that a great thing?

There. Done. 11k gold and a couple more gray hairs. Now I can have a snack and then move on to paralogues that don't make me want to commit killself.

...Really looking forward to getting my folks married. I'm really starting to feel the deadweight. Odin, Laslow, Camilla, Xander, Peri... How I look forward to giving them all the boot!

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Duly noted

Actually i just checked some old posts and i needed all rescues for endgame...

And that without rescue skipping lol

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, seriously, this map. All the enemies with lunge weren't enough, they had to give a couple of mercs fucking Luna. Ohh, yes, proc chance of straight up losing! Now isn't that a great thing?

Which map was that?

Also Luna is only 1/2 def in Fates, so it's usually not that lethal.

Edited by Shrimperor

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Actually i just checked some old posts and i needed all rescues for endgame...

And that without rescue skipping lol

...Damn...

Which map was that?

Arthur's paralogue.

Also Luna is only 1/2 def in Fates, so it's usually not that lethal.

It was enough to murder Camilla.

Got back to reading that Byzantine behemoth after having been burnt out on it for a few days. Took a few more medieval siege notes for my own interest as well. Can FE if it wants to be a little dark/cynical give us the Fourth Crusade? Wouldn't be much worse if at all than what FE has already had, and it'd have a ready cartoon-ifiable villain, and it could be tackled in like 4 chapters total.

Now I can spend the rest of the day on video games, though I should make the effort for to go for a jog.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'm not worried, I'm middle class, that assures my salvation on the White Whale. I'm sure my aged self could squeeze into a bureaucratic job in NLA.😛

Will still like a viable translation of the SRW that follows up on Haken and Sanger after PxZ tho.

I have a PS3, and although imports are pricey, if the unnatural Asian English translation was available for the system (I don't think it is), I seriously would have considered it. I'm a little desperate for OG SRW b/c childhood memories. And I've a burning desire to swap out NxC for first thing once I PS2 emulate for Original Generations instead, at least the OG1 half.

Although, what has kept me from Moon Dwellers in spite of having a translation is the fact there have been two games since Original Generations 2- Original Generation Gaiden and 2nd (Dai-2-ji) Original Generation. It'd feel strange seeing all the old crew a little more experienced, and accompanied some new people who were introduced and put their character arcs in the missing games. 

Looking at the records, there was a 5-year gap between Original Generation Gaiden (December 2007) and 2nd OG (November 2012). 2nd to Moon Dwellers was 3 & 1/2 (June 2016), the shorter gap likely due to recycling a lot of HD assets from 2nd, basically all returning mecha kept their animations from 2nd. 

So, I'm having a feeling the next OG, with five years behind us, is due to happen. The next OG, probably 3rd OG, seems likely next year or something if you ask me. With SRW30 receiving the miracle of an international release despite licensing hell this year, unless Namco/Banpresto is insane or SRW30 bombs internationally, I'd like to think the next OG -probably 3rd Original Generation- will be coming abroad, with what I'd assume to be a native-speaker English translation. Haken hopefully will still be hanging around abroad the battleship Kurogane with Sanger, and maybe this time Kaguya and the other missing three EF original heroes will come along. All they need is mecha.

and Sanger

While Haken didn't make his debut in the main dimension of the OGverse until Moon Dwellers, Sanger has been around since OG1. 

This is the first instance of The Sword That Smites (or Cleaves, depends on the translation) Evil, since Sanger didn't have it in his original game of SRW Alpha Gaiden.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Damn...

It's the main reason i needes to many freezes late game. Rescue is essential endgame if you want to finish it without losing anyone. Endgame Lunatic is insane. So insane using Bitfrost to un-nerf your units is something you might have to consider lol (well i didn't use that tactic)

Edited by Shrimperor