Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

This is the problem. The devs should always account player mistakes when designing a game.

Actually... This is one area the devs almost never account for. Xd they almost always overlook something obvious.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Jedi: Fallen Order

Ey, this one's good as well! It is more Star Wars Sekiro than Souls, but still pretty dang good IMO.

'Morning!

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SERIOUSLY HAD NO IDEA I DIDN'T LEARN UNTIL AFTER I'D BOUGHT IV, V, VII, VIII and XI!

And I bought all the 3DS Etrian Odysseys unaware of its artist's questionable preferences. Are we supposed to look this stuff up when we buy a game? What are the odds of the wrong sheet in prominent individuals?

-Although, I concede I bought DQIII after learning the Wagnerian truth. I'm not entirely innocent. Bad people need to stop being involved in good stuff.

It's alright man. As 06 said, separate the work from the author. This doesn't mean don't acknowledge it, it's just that sometimes good work can be made by shitty people.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ey, this one's good as well! It is more Star Wars Sekiro than Souls, but still pretty dang good IMO.

Isn't Sekiro just Dark Souls: Feudal Japan edition?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Thank you Fates for this beautiful image.

I'd love to share proper images, but Serenes is giving me the "sorry u blocked" treatment again.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

shouldn't that be a positive

This is still a game with RNG. Kind of stinky to be punished with an unbeatable run because Felicia decided she wanted to flub a 99%.

Also, I'll admit, the whole "noooo you can't use staves during the game, you must save them for the final chapter or you lose" annoys me. You have these fun tools and you can't do anything interesting with them because if you do you can't win the game. Fsss...

Mind, I do feel that Conquest's difficulty is, save for a couple of shenanigans, quite on point. But that doesn't change the fact that the game is terrible for ironmanning. It's a great FE, just not one for ironmanning. Classic mode should really just be called "every unit game overs you mode."

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

You mean Sakura?

No, she's one of my strongest units.

All of them.

Sacrifice the lolis.

Embrace the middle aged captured bosses.

48 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Also, Shadow Dragon gives much better replacements.

Probably because Shadow Dragon gives you replacements at all. Conquest's generics really don't work as replacements when they depend on Niles being alive.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

XovejBJ.png

Tis done

Congratulations. I probably will have an even harder time despite having more tools than you.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

"noooo you can't use staves during the game, you must save them for the final chapter or you lose"

Well, you lose in that case is losing a unit and not game over.

It's only Rescue you need to save for final chapters, really.

You can be more liberal with Freeze and Enfeeble, but the game doesn't give you enough to spam them in easier chapters. Entrap as well.

Game gives you really the exact amout of staves you need. 

We see in other FE what happens when they give you more (Reminder i cheesed the last 5 chapters of FE5 before Finale in a total of 5 Minutes). And in FE12 the game outright takes away the tools from you on higher difficulties.

56 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

God I feel so lonely…

Here, bro

5WIR9bR.jpg

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Actually... This is one area the devs almost never account for. Xd they almost always overlook something obvious.

This is why games get progressively worse

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I bought all the 3DS Etrian Odysseys unaware of its artist's questionable preferences. Are we supposed to look this stuff up when we buy a game? What are the odds of the wrong sheet in prominent individuals?

It's just drawings, bro. The guy is not a criminal.

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

XovejBJ.png

Tis done

Could Leo use the ballista?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sacrifice the lolis.

Never.

A00v3ps.jpg

Edited by Ghost_06_

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Could Leo use the ballista?

Nope. Leo was bugged actually and couldn't do anything lol. Only part that was easier that OG. Rest was harder tho.

Never

As a wise man once said ''If you can't handle the lolis, you don't deserve the game''

A00v3ps.jpg

Oho a Sakura!Kana? 

Wanted honestly to go for it. Maybe another time

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, you lose in that case is losing a unit and not game over.

It's only Rescue you need to save for final chapters, really.

You can be more liberal with Freeze and Enfeeble, but the game doesn't give you enough to spam them in easier chapters. Entrap as well.

Game gives you really the exact amout of staves you need. 

We see in other FE what happens when they give you more (Reminder i cheesed the last 5 chapters of FE5 before Finale in a total of 5 Minutes).

Well... To be fair, I'm not really that sure about the staves. The person that tells me staves cannot be used until the final two maps is you lol. I've yet to find out.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And in FE12 the game outright takes away the tools from you on higher difficulties.

...That does suck, though, I will admit.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Never.

A00v3ps.jpg

Blech.

I will never understand the appeal. They all look the same, goddamnit! So boring...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

As a wise man once said ''If you can't handle the lolis, you don't deserve the game''

Death.

Death is how I handle the lolis.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Isn't Sekiro just Dark Souls: Feudal Japan edition?

As a short answer, Sekiro is a Souls-like only in structure, but not in combat system.

Having not played Sekiro, I can't say how it feels, but yes, it does follow many of the same core mechanics-Bosses/Minibosses, checkpoints that you can level up and warp from, focus on melee combat, etc., but there is one major difference in combat system, alongside other mechanical changes.

In the Souls games, a dodge has a lot of iframes in it- unless you are playing with a shield, (which aren't in Sekiro) the intended way to defeat bosses at melee is by using these iframes to dodge their attacks, although there are tons of ways to play Dark Souls.

This video has really low resolution, but it explains how rolling works in DS1, and showcases what I mean. It might not look like it all the time, but what you can dodge is generally very clear, and a few spotty hitboxes aside, it feels really good to be able to properly avoid an enemy's attacks. You can also level up stats, upgrade weapons, two-hand weapons and use a plethora of different weapons.

A good showcase of it could be this boss fight, but note that it's from NG+7 so this person has basically every possible tool in the game, but everything that hits them will OHKO them. And gameplay spoilers, I suppose.

Spoiler

In Sekiro, dodging provides minimal iframes-I don't know if it provides any at all, actually. The main way to do melee combat in Sekiro is via a deflect system where you have to guard at the right time, or avoid certain unblockable attacks when the red sign, and you have certain other abilities and consumables to help you as well, such as an ability that lets you deflect lightning! That aside, you can't level stats very much and instead gain combat arts, you can't upgrade weapons, (I think) and consumable items are more ingrained into the game.

For example: (Minor Spoilers, by the way) This is a fight you are SUPPOSED to not be able to beat, but since it's the first boss of the game, I thought it'd demonstrate my point well.

Spoiler

Oh, and Sekiro lets you pause. That's a really nice bonus.

While Fallen Order is nowhere near as astoundingly difficult as Sekiro is, it takes a bit more after it than Souls, with the primary way to fight being a deflect system that's a lot easier to manage but still really fun, as well as force powers which are quite similar to your abilities from Sekiro, with dodging being more to get away from attacks and reposition yourself, as well as dodging clearly telegraphed unblockables. Both also feature much better platforming than what you'll see in souls.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nope. Leo was bugged actually and couldn't do anything lol. Only part that was easier that OG. Rest was harder tho.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Death.

Death is how I handle the lolis

Ruben, the more you play Fates, the more you'll like the lolis. You'll eventually become one of us.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oho a Sakura!Kana? 

Wanted honestly to go for it. Maybe another time

I did it when I finished Birthright for the first time, literally the second FE. Sakura's child can be a good mixed attacker. Here's my Sakura!Rhajat and my Sakura!Rhajat!Kana.

https://i.imgur.com/uekCZQl.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/66LSvpL.png

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will never understand the appeal. They all look the same, goddamnit! So boring...

You will... one day...

TWHVAPE.jpg

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he person that tells me staves cannot be used until the final two maps is you lol

I never said final two maps xD

I said starting stairway. Except rescue. Rescues should be saved for final map yeah.

Although Zoran has rescue less final map. Will have to watch that one lol

7 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Sakura!Rhajat!Kana

I might for that.

will post pic when i get her

quite a bit weaker then my Elise!Ophelia!Kana tho

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

quite a bit weaker then my Elise!Ophelia!Kana tho

My avatar is +MAG/-DEF and Hoshido Noble is a physical class.

So I've attempted Fuga's Wild Ride a couple of times.

This is going to be fun, I can already tell.

45 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12390529

Cry me a river.

26 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Ruben, the more you play Fates, the more you'll like the lolis. You'll eventually become one of us.

We like joking about it, but this is one topic where I don't believe I'll be changing my mind any time soon, Fates or no Fates. Heck, the closest thing to a loli I've used in Fates is like, what, Hana? Mitama? I suppose they come slightly close, but then you compare them to shit like Kana, Sakura and Elise, who are all the stereotypical loli, and well... Yeah, no. I hate those designs and the characters that accompany them. They can die in a ditch as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, I understand the irony of this rant when Yubello is in my sig. That's different, though. Bad meme unit bias overrules loli disgust, to an extent. How unfortunate that Fates's lolis are all disgusting and good units.

...Okay, maybe not Sakura. At the very least, the game has the restraint not to show panty shots of Sakura. I can respect her for that much, I suppose. And she sucks pretty hard as a unit, so... Yeah, Sakura is decent. I'll give her that much.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You will... one day...

TWHVAPE.jpg

How cute.

Oh right I almost forgot you cannot hear the sarcasm in the text

I never said final two maps xD

I said starting stairway. Except rescue. Rescues should be saved for final map yeah.

Right... Well, still a bit annoying.

Although Zoran has rescue less final map. Will have to watch that one lol

This is the second time I've heard of this Zoran person. Must be a pretty big deal.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I understand the irony of this rant when Yubello is in my sig. That's different, though. Bad meme unit bias overrules loli disgust,

Boys can't be lolis. The anime term for underaged males is "shota". Shotas have their own separate tropes and creepy fans.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's alright man. As 06 said, separate the work from the author. This doesn't mean don't acknowledge it, it's just that sometimes good work can be made by shitty people.

And unless you grow your own food, weave your own clothes, build your own CPUs and write your own code, inevitably, some of the money you spend every day will end up in the hands of someone with objectionable beliefs and behaviors. And no I don't mean taxes.

What I mean is that someone working at that Five Guys you got for lunch. Or that somewhere in the long chain of people involved in the design, manufacture, shipping, and selling of that pair of shoes you bought, who will receive however tiny a fraction of your dollars spent, will be someone who has political-cultural views on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from you.

-Just a thought.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

If feelings would get in the way of Capitalism, it'd fail.

It's a true and tried method. That's how you get Catholic Venice in the Middle Ages not caring if some of the merchants they traded with were Muslim. Gold didn't care on whose pockets it was in, so why should they.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I understand the irony of this rant when Yubello is in my sig. That's different, though. Bad meme unit bias overrules loli disgust, to an extent. How unfortunate that Fates's lolis are all disgusting and good units.

Ruben is a shotacon?!😳

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And she sucks pretty hard as a unit, so... Yeah, Sakura is decent.

No!

https://s3-forums.serenesforest.net/monthly_05_2016/post-5132-0-31690800-1464471332.jpeghttps://i.redd.it/wejvbk83z9vz.jpg

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the second time I've heard of this Zoran person. Must be a pretty big deal.

Literally the God of Fates.