Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

44 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

My expectations were at the Marianas Trench, lmao

I never thought it would be good, but I ended up surprised

Okay, now I'm confused by this sentence and your earlier quote. Then again, I know Raimi Spidermemes at most.

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Jealous, haha. I find the early game challenging enough, but after Morty I just end up falling asleep. If you meant Hoenn earlier, then yeah I find it okay until after Norman. Too much surfing from there on, though. And diving sucks.

Challenge wise, yeah I would not rank Jhoto high to begin with (says the guy who nearly wiped to Lance's three underlevelled Dragonites in his nuzlocke), while Hoenn of course suffers from too much water in a condensed space (the last 10 routes and another four are water with small islands or just water. it is surprisingly obnoxious, though I popped on AS just now and I have found it less obnoxious with encounters.).

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Jealous, haha. I find the early game challenging enough, but after Morty I just end up falling asleep. If you meant Hoenn earlier, then yeah I find it okay until after Norman. Too much surfing from there on, though. And diving sucks.

Well, either way, they both have their issues with their old age systems that are difficult to ignore. 

Wait, why are you jealous? Isnt being underleveled a bad thing?

About R/S/E and G/S/C: way to many water type HM's! It gets annoying being down one versatile pokemon (my water type is usually Starmie in G/S/C) which has an amazing move pool, limited by water HM's.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Okay, now I'm confused by this sentence and your earlier quote. Then again, I know Raimi Spidermemes at most.

Challenge wise, yeah I would not rank Jhoto high to begin with (says the guy who nearly wiped to Lance's three underlevelled Dragonites in his nuzlocke), while Hoenn of course suffers from too much water in a condensed space (the last 10 routes and another four are water with small islands or just water. it is surprisingly obnoxious, though I popped on AS just now and I have found it less obnoxious with encounters.).

I hope you like crippling #TeamPlayer Swampert with just HM moves! 

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, either way, they both have their issues with their old age systems that are difficult to ignore. 

Wait, why are you jealous? Isnt being underleveled a bad thing?

Underlevelled is what I call a challenge. Sun and Moon I find are excellent games to nuzlocke because of this (fuck you, early game Espeon).

1 hour ago, DodgeDusk said:

Underlevelled is what I call a challenge. Sun and Moon I find are excellent games to nuzlocke because of this (fuck you, early game Espeon).

If they had better movesets maybe (Blue's Alakazam comes to mind, lmao) 

As it is, the game is a bit too easy to take advantage of the holes in their setups.

Damnit, there's a thunderstorm so I can't continue plying Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Oh, well. I'm roughly 6-7 hours in and I can say it's as much fun as when I was a wee lad in 2013. The series in general are some of my favorite RPGs, simply thanks to their actually engaging combat system, but I think this one is still my favorite.

Also, it has the like, best boss theme in RPGs.

It's too fucking good.

I think tomorrow I'll continue Conquest. Still not looking forward to Ryoma and his army of Inevitable Ends, but at some point I'd like to check out the endgame. Just to see if Ryoma was just an odd outlier or if Lunatic really goes to shit in its final four maps.

Thank goodness this is a FE where you can lower the difficulty, right? The rest of lunatic has been great, so if worse comes to worst, I can always just lower it to hard on chapter 25 in any future runs. But just this once, I'd like to get it all done on lunatic.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Boi

I think they were a bit too soft on themselves there. They should've made it so every enemy has Inevitable End too. Now that would be peak bullshit.

Wait

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Boi

Oh noooooo...

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Best thing Gen 7 did was remove HMs

Also, why are all the FETubers turning into Ymfah?

23 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If they had better movesets maybe (Blue's Alakazam comes to mind, lmao) 

As it is, the game is a bit too easy to take advantage of the holes in their setups.

His entire team has whack movesets. I mean, where's Exeggutor's Psychic move, Blue?

Actually, that reminds me: now I have a computer that won't blow up upon loading Citra, I can finally nuzlocke X or Y. :think:

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Boi

I'm so glad Mekkah streams at Dusk-friendly times.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1200px-SMG_YellowLuma.jpg

I didn't realize they were evil incarnate.🌠

Does that means Rosalina is the one wearing a maid dress?

Well, instead of watching Spider Man 3 as I said before, I watched the two TASM movies and oh boy, Andrew Garfield was done dirty. By far the best actor who portrayed Spidey. Also, the best one.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

By the way, you said you aren't very good at action games; Yakuza Kiwami is actually reasonably hard, so don't pick Hard mode to start with.

Duly noted. Any more tips?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

06 pirating Spiderman movies

Marvel: Pay me ticket!

06: I'll pay your ticket when you fix this DAMN FRANCHISE!

Yep, that's me.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know if you've pirated the movie or watched it legit, just let me meme in peace all right

I pirated basically all movies I've watched, but I actually went to see TASM 1 & 2 and Homecoming at the cinema. It's a good thing I didn't pay to see Far from Home.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Far from Home made me rethink which's the worst Spider Man movie.

Edited by Ghost_06_

Remember when I said I'd continue Conquest tomorrow?

I lied, I'm doing it now. I don't know if I'll beat Ryoma, but I'll give it a shot, at least.

Also, today is Soleil's birthday. Ain't that something.

...Oh God, even Zhara with his Shurikenbreaker still faces a 50% chance from the ninjas...

9 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Duly noted. Any more tips?

Well, I wouldn't rush through the game as quick as possible-Take your time, do some substories and minigames, etc.

Furthermore, try to unlock Tiger Drop ASAP, since it's easily the most OP thing in the entire game. (You need the Image of the Tiger and to complete all of Komaki's training.) It's not a requirement, but it's a really, really strong attack.

Also, this game has no autosave, so make sure to save manually before quitting!

Lastly, enjoy! This game's story isn't the best in the franchise by a long shot, but it's still pretty darned good. You could consider watching a playthrough of 0 so that you're more familiar with the cast, but that would be a pretty lengthy venture.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, I wouldn't rush through the game as quick as possible-Take your time, do some substories and minigames, etc.

Furthermore, try to unlock Tiger Drop ASAP, since it's easily the most OP thing in the entire game. (You need the Image of the Tiger and to complete all of Komaki's training.) It's not a requirement, but it's a really, really strong attack.

Also, this game has no autosave, so make sure to save manually before quitting!

Lastly, enjoy! This game's story isn't the best in the franchise by a long shot, but it's still pretty darned good. You could consider watching a playthrough of 0 so that you're more familiar with the cast, but that would be a pretty lengthy venture.

0 is still on sale... hmm...

Well.

That was certainly an attempt at beating lunatic Ryoma without just having Elfuigi kill Ryoma over the course of 15 turns.

Now I'd like to go back to Mario & Luigi, thanks.

...They really dropped the ball with this difficulty at the last minute, didn't they... This is just terrible. Possible, yeah, but terrible. Now cue the four paragraphs proving why I'm wrong and this is actually brilliant difficulty. I'm hoping for the four paragraphs, actually. Someone please explain to me how "Inevitable End ninja spam" is remotely okay and why I shouldn't just lower the difficulty for the last four maps and actually enjoy a fair challenge.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Well, instead of watching Spider Man 3 as I said before, I watched the two TASM movies and oh boy, Andrew Garfield was done dirty. By far the best actor who portrayed Spidey.

Honestly though I don't know, I've not seen any spiderman movies, but hey memes are the only contribution I can make to this conversation, so bear with me

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...They really dropped the ball with this difficulty at the last minute, didn't they... This is just terrible. Possible, yeah, but terrible. Now cue the four paragraphs proving why I'm wrong and this is actually brilliant difficulty. I'm hoping for the four paragraphs, actually. Someone please explain to me how "Inevitable End ninja spam" is remotely okay and why I shouldn't just lower the difficulty for the last four maps and actually enjoy a fair challenge.

Please explain your masochism @Shrimperor.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though I don't know, I've not seen any spiderman movies, but hey memes are the only contribution I can make to this conversation, so bear with me

I was only 3 years old when SM2 was released, too young, but my brother did see it at the cinema. Tobey is not that skilled actor.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Does that means Rosalina is the one wearing a maid dress?

Maid Rosalina :drool:

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Someone please explain to me how "Inevitable End ninja spam" is remotely okay

I am not a fan of it, but i understand the intent:

No juggernaut/EP tanking. You gotta finish em off in pp.

The reason i am not fond of it is that debuffs last forever in fates. If they only lasted 1 turn like FE3H it wouldn't be so bad.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

why I shouldn't just lower the difficulty for the last four maps and actually enjoy a fair challenge

Bragging rights

Well, and only Ryoma is really that bad. Iago is fine, if a bit long, and Slime Garon is ez.

Finale is hell tho, but you really should experience it for yourself tbh