Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

And another thing!

Kleavor makes it sound like it's more of an evolution of Scizor than Scyther.

It's a nitpick, but Jeez GF.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Normally i'd sigh at shit like "banana tapped to a wall" and whatnot but this one's actually hilarious so i'll let it slide.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And another thing!

Kleavor makes it sound like it's more of an evolution of Scizor than Scyther.

It's a nitpick, but Jeez GF.

Tbf, i think they're trying to keep some sort of continuity.

Kleavors died out by the modern times so it wouldn't make sense for it to be an evo of Scizor than Sycther.

....of course, they could just retcon it like they've done many times before so actually forget i said this.

Personally, I'm having more of a hoot on the fact that it's meant to be the distant past yet the protagonist will have a... smartphone like thing. It's the Sheikah Slate all over again! XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Bf6JpL0.jpg

QsOYgfK.jpg

No Ryunosuke, don't give them ideas!

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more fights in the same vein in Dread. Just going by the gameplay we've seen so far, there seem to be quite a few bosses. I imagine that the Chozo baddies (and Ridley if he's here) will take the role of more traditional 2D Metroid bosses while big boys like Kraid will be fought in a more sequential manner.

Oh goody, I just relearned that you have to make the Diggernaut vulnerable at a specific time during its last phase or else you can't attack its weak point. I'm almost looking forward to fighting Nightmare again when I replay Fusion.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's literally harem except a girl is the protagonist and she has several male romantic options.

From a strictly biological point of view, this doesn't seem to have any benefits but there are several organisms in the animal kingdom that have a matriarchy.

From what I remember of anthropology, matriarchies in animals aren't very common, but in some species it's beneficial for a lone female to keep multiple males around. The males don't want to risk killing their own offspring so the female doesn't have to worry about infanticide. Of course it's generally frowned upon to kill babies among humans, so this facet doesn't apply much to that.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, not for school, but I play Oboe in a Youth Symphony Orchestra! We're playing a bit of video game music, which includes Clean an Simple from KH, as well as Baba Ye-

Speak of the devil! It's a really beautiful song.

I guess concert organizers have a type when it comes to video game music: Grammy winners.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FAYxDoaVUA03Df_?format=jpg&name=large

This looks very incomplete.

Damn you're right. Straight outta the unused content/beta articles I've read on The Cutting Room Floor.

And compared to Scizor, this doesn't look like a real Scyther evolution at first glance.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose this is the part where Ruben demonstrates his vast ignorance by asking what an otome is.

In addition to what has been said, there is one trait I've been told and discovered is commonplace in otomes.:

Spoiler

2018111510395600-DC7F497D6B03628BCFC1F74fox-ear00001.jpgIris-School-of-Wizardry00080.jpgalice-prologue00024.jpg2.jpg219051796_10159537013215350_776369400797c14-dating.original.jpgpiofiore-fated-memories.original.jpgnekopara-catboys-paradise-steam-pc-2.jpg

tears-of-themis-pre-registration-sr-710x

Screenshot-2021-03-05-142502-e1614921983

wintertidemiracles3-1024x576.jpg

variable-barricade-nintendo-switch-otome

2020102421393800-28073407689A9593B3E3E49

Collar-x-Malice-Unlimited-Switch-feature

cupid-parasite-screenshot-gill-shirtless

Notice anything these all have in common? The chins. It is natural and realistic to an extent draw humans with faces and that narrow and taper towards the bottom. However, otomes have a tendency to exaggerate it to varying degrees. The shirtless guy in the last picture looks egregiously exaggerated to me, he could stab someone with that dagger chin.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Even learning something relatively basic can help build some meaning, even as I'm frustrating myself with driving it's certainly giving something to work upon

I need to get my license. If only I hadn't failed my first test... 10 years ago now? A decade, of the limited 7-8 we likely get. *Sigh* Things would be quite different if I hadn't screwed up on parallel parking on it or my second try, I'd possibly have a job by now. I was born too soon for the self-driving car, in a country where the tyranny of the automobile reigns and public transportation is limited at best.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I need to get my license. If only I hadn't failed my first test... 10 years ago now? A decade, of the limited 7-8 we likely get. *Sigh* Things would be quite different if I hadn't screwed up on parallel parking on it or my second try,

Is your permit still viable? I'd check that and see what insurance and how you'll get practice in a car so you can have time on the road. (To the point my permit's at risk of expiration. After more than one renewal. Not great)

I started very late myself but it's a matter of sorting out prerequisites and getting the basics and what habits are expected while driving down. I'm worried about the test myself but that's still a while away and that's all to work on between now and then.

(Also, TIL Parallel Parking isn't on our curriculum. Reversing around a corner is. Why?)

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And compared to Scizor, this doesn't look like a real Scyther evolution at first glance.

Yeah, I felt a bit uncertain about it.

And that was after reading it was one.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I'm having more of a hoot on the fact that it's meant to be the distant past yet the protagonist will have a... smartphone like thing. It's the Sheikah Slate all over again! XD

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Bf6JpL0.jpg

QsOYgfK.jpg

The Lorax (1971).

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh goody, I just relearned that you have to make the Diggernaut vulnerable at a specific time during its last phase or else you can't attack its weak point.

Yeah that part is like not conveyed very well.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The males don't want to risk killing their own offspring so the female doesn't have to worry about infanticide.

Which is a thing that's weirdly common among animals for some reason. And the motivation is always so the male can impregnate the female with his own kids instead.

Unless it's a dolphin or orca. They'll do it simply because they can.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FAX83PeXIAQV87G?format=png&name=900x900

Looks more like a relative of Kabutops than an evolution of Sycther.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I need to get my license. If only I hadn't failed my first test... 10 years ago now? A decade, of the limited 7-8 we likely get. *Sigh* Things would be quite different if I hadn't screwed up on parallel parking on it or my second try, I'd possibly have a job by now. I was born too soon for the self-driving car, in a country where the tyranny of the automobile reigns and public transportation is limited at best.

If it makes you feel any better, i have not even made an attempt to get a driver's license yet. As in, i don't even have a permit.

I mean, i took the mandatory drug course and passed it but i didn't go farther than that.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Is this real?

Are we talking about 1850s (at latest) smartphone tech?

Pokelore is going to have a lot to explain itself with this one.

Looking at this image, it's at least not just ORANGE, but it's still not great. I kind of expect it to be a monster in some other JRPG.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is your permit still viable? I'd check that and see what insurance and how you'll get practice in a car so you can have time on the road. (To the point my permit's at risk of expiration. After more than one renewal. Not great)

I've been practicing on-off for the past decade, but my family is not very proactive, they've been willing to care of dependent grown adult me. I don't force them to take me out, because I realize they're busy with other things, and because I don't exactly enjoy it. Also, one parent really does not like the idea of taking me out, their nerves and all. So all in all, I've gotten away with it. I blame myself and them alike.

As for viability of the permit, I retook the written exam once years ago, and again just last week, embarrassingly barely passing it despite being multiple choice.

20 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Also, TIL Parallel Parking isn't on our curriculum. Reversing around a corner is. Why?

Because Ireland is the greatest country on Earth! Parallel Parking is an evil that exists solely to make people fail the exam, because how often does one use it IRL? Better to drive down another block and look for a better spot. Better to increase your ride on the Shoe-Leather Express, than accidentally bump and have to pay a hump of cash.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, i took the mandatory drug course and passed it but i didn't go farther than that.

😳

Drug tests? There is nothing of the sort up north.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is this real?

The adoption of Unovan-Kalosian ways to avoid the fate of nearby Duelina meant the abandonment of the useful knowledge and technologies of the past?

They couldn't have whipped up something more mystical? Like something magical based on onmyodo? Divination is a form of being guided.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is this real?

Gift from Arceus, most likely, pft.

😳

Drug tests? There is nothing of the sort up north.

Well no, not drug tests. More like "here's how drugs and alcohol can affect your driving and what happens if you DIU" course. 

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh newest Trails stream going on

Let's see what kinda Trash fire this will be...

Can't be worse than GB5...

right?

RIGHT?

Oh that's right, it did come out.

2026 babyyyyyyyy

26 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Cause the standard of quality is at an all time low nowadays.

Talking about Pokémon or in general?

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well no, not drug tests. More like "here's how drugs and alcohol can affect your driving and what happens if you DIU" course. 

Oh that, that's just a small subsection of the written exam up here.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've never gotten a driver's permit either.

May probably be an actual problem once I actually have a job... ahahahaha good one...

How's climate change treating the Baja? Any chance a boating license would suffice instead?

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh newest Trails stream going on

Let's see what kinda Trash fire this will be...

Can't be worse than GB5...

right?

RIGHT?

Here's the 🍿if you need it. And remember, the bigger the fire, the more it can keep you warm through the winter of discontentment.

51 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Looking at this image, it's at least not just ORANGE, but it's still not great. I kind of expect it to be a monster in some other JRPG.

Also I just want to add that I love how you posted the tweet with the image when I posted the exact same image two posts above.

Oh that, that's just a small subsection of the written exam up here.

I see. Different rules for different states.

Of course, Florida being a red state and Republicans hate-boner for anything drugs, it makes sense why it's a full-blown course here.

How's climate change treating the Baja? Any chance a boating license would suffice instead?

Doubt I'll live that long for my place to be underwater. Even if it will only take like a four meters increase to Sea Level. We aren't that high up, parts of the city are below sea level. Just enough inland the increase needs to be such to reach us.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here's the 🍿if you need it

Thanks xD

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And remember, the bigger the fire, the more it can keep you warm through the winter of discontentment

I already had my meltdown with Rean black hole saga 5 and only really expect the absolute worst trash from the series atm, so atleast there's no expectations....

Yes i suspect Falcom will still somehow dissapoint me. They have been making it a habit to do that with their modern games

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because Ireland is the greatest country on Earth! Parallel Parking is an evil that exists solely to make people fail the exam, because how often does one use it IRL? Better to drive down another block and look for a better spot. Better to increase your ride on the Shoe-Leather Express, than accidentally bump and have to pay a hump of cash.

I mean, it is a rough manoeuvre to get right, which is why you'd think it'd be something specifically taught. And sometimes there's not as obvious a location to part that close either sadly. Besides, as is the car I'm using is small and old, so the real concern is not damaging the other drivers cars.

And it's still more likely I'll be using it than reversing around a corner.

I've been practicing on-off for the past decade, but my family is not very proactive, they've been willing to care of dependent grown adult me. I don't force them to take me out, because I realize they're busy with other things, and because I don't exactly enjoy it. Also, one parent really does not like the idea of taking me out, their nerves and all. So all in all, I've gotten away with it. I blame myself and them alike.

As for viability of the permit, I retook the written exam once years ago, and again just last week, embarrassingly barely passing it despite being multiple choice.

Not too proactive myself, but there's more opportunities found to do so. Well, less so when one parent said they wouldn't do it after dealing with the siblings, while the other can be difficult to get to do stuff outside of when he wants, but that's a mess none of you need to hear. As for the permit, I'd be queued up if I had to get it again, it took weeks to get the test the first time and that was years back.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Also I just want to add that I love how you posted the tweet with the image when I posted the exact same image two posts above.

Ah.

For some reason Twitter posts don't fully load when embedded. Twitter is kinda blocked in my browser for this stuff, same with Reddit posts so I only see text and hyperlinks from those posts. Should have checked, assumed there was only ORANGE out at first and when I found that post I had to show it..

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

black hole saga 5

Every time you say this, I want to make a meme pic involving this.:

advance-wars-2.jpg

The subtitle is perfect.😛 Just blow it up in size and tack it over the "Cold Steel" part of the "Trails of Cold Steel" title.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Of course, Florida being a red state and Republicans hate-boner for anything drugs, it makes sense why it's a full-blown course here.

Yeah, I'm definitely somewhere bluer. And colder, FYI, if you ever move to a snow-laden state and you leave your vehicle outside, you are legally required to remove any ice and snow atop the vehicle. Because *vroom* *sliding* *ice goes flying backwards, smashes the windshield of the driver behind you and beheads them* is a danger. (Or maybe the snow temporarily blocks their view and leads to a crash, sounds more likely.)