Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I've never used Trails' lower difficulty function once. If i have to, then what's the point? (assuming i selected a higher difficulty, that is.)

The point is that I don't have time to keep doing the same fight over and over.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Which 2?

Luminous Ogre Slash and Luminous Divider. 

Edit they each have 7 delay while luminous Wheel has 12.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The point is that I don't have time to keep doing the same fight over and over.

Oh i understand, which is why i said if you select a higher difficulty. Why would you select Nightmare mode if you didn't want difficult for example?

Edited by lightcosmo

Another boss fight in Dragon Age. This time, it was an eldritch abomination called the Broodmother, a way easier version of Jarvia thanks to the lack of instakill traps around her, the boss being stationary and the fact that she summoned far less helpers as her health went down. And then I found Oghren's wife! She's... not quite what she made her out to be. Looks like I've still got some dungeon left to go. Man, is it just me or is this being the longest dungeon in the game? Could be misremembering the tower's length, I was so confused through the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't disagree with you. Especially fox map is wtf how and why did they think of this

Literally can't understand the thought behind it lol

Like, atleastvmake it so foxes change forms at beginning of player phase not enemy one

It's... fascinating, to say the least.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And Ninja Hell should've never been greenlit.

I still don't get the hate for that one. It's not the best map ever, it's a bit tedious to move around the tight corridors, but people make it out to be some horrid, impossible abomination on kitsune hell's level, which it just... isn't? You just throw Benny, Kumagera and Gunter at the problem and that's about it. I've never had much trouble with it. Even Kotaro isn't the worst boss, because at least he doesn't have multiple proc skills that instantly murder you and make you reset.

My friend found this in the Backloggd review section of Kuro no Kiseki

unknown.png

New copypasta just dropped.

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh i understand, which is why i said if you select a higher difficulty. Why would you select Nightmare mode if you didn't want difficult for example?

Well there's a difference between challenge and bullshit.

Everything I hear about Trails nightmare mode (hell, even just hard mode) sounds like it's the latter. But that goes into the discussion about how turn-based RPGs suck at doing difficulty right.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You just throw Benny, Kumagera and Gunter at the problem and that's about it.

So here's the part where I say I've never used those units you mentioned.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even Kotaro isn't the worst boss, because at least he doesn't have multiple proc skills that instantly murder you and make you reset.

Kotaro killed Camilla when I was *this* close to winning and that was my supervillain origin story.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You just throw Benny, Kumagera and Gunter at the problem and that's about it.

Which isn't exactly fun when you keep doing it for 50-90 turns due to evasive ninjas and debuff hell

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

sounds like it's the latter.

you never tried it 😛 

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Everything I hear about Trails nightmare mode (hell, even just hard mode) sounds like it's the latter. But that goes into the discussion about how turn-based RPGs suck at doing difficulty right.

Well... As someone who isnt an amazing tactical player, i played through Trails from Zeroes Nightmare Mode just fine. So I can at least attest it isnt BS. 

Hell, pretty much the only gameovers I ran into where NPC deaths and scouting runs.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

So here's the part where I say I've never used those units you mentioned.

I get Benny and Kumagera, but Gunter is built to handle Ninja Hell. There's zero investment needed, just give him an axe and the man can tank those corridors pretty reliably.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Kotaro killed Camilla when I was *this* close to winning and that was my supervillain origin story.

Oof.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Which isn't exactly fun when you keep doing it for 50-90 turns due to evasive ninjas and debuff hell

50-90 turns? What? In what universe? I have no precise numbers because Fates doesn't like to save at the credits, but I can tell you with some certainty that I have never taken even close to 90 turns in that map. Not even 50, I'm pretty sure. It's a slow map, but it's not THAT slow.

I never said it's a masterpiece of a map. But compared to really awful maps like Kitsune Hell, Reunion at Dawn, the pitfalls in both Tellius games and Battle Before Dawn, it's rather mundane. Nothing really too offensive. The unpromoted ninjas crumble like wet toilet paper against axes, and the dragon veins make it a relatively simple matter to play around the dangerous enemies. It's just tedious to move around. And even then, it's nowhere near the unbearable tedium of the average PoR map. I really do not see what's so horrendous about it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96

FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

......Are you okay?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Never said anything to the contrary. The fact that I was allowed to side with the insane cultist and destroy Andraste's ashes alone was amazing.

It's a good thing you liked it, because you were fucking stupid.

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I don't think i would be able to swallow my pride personally. XD

https://i.imgur.com/bKoEKu6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another boss fight in Dragon Age. This time, it was an eldritch abomination called the Broodmother, a way easier version of Jarvia thanks to the lack of instakill traps around her, the boss being stationary and the fact that she summoned far less helpers as her health went down. And then I found Oghren's wife! She's... not quite what she made her out to be. Looks like I've still got some dungeon left to go. Man, is it just me or is this being the longest dungeon in the game? Could be misremembering the tower's length, I was so confused through the whole thing.

Broodmother: the creepiest creature in all Dragon Age.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Was playing FC on Hard. Every enemy attack took half of my character's HP.

The best difficulty setting is no difficulty setting

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

JU9k8f6.png

And even with Conquest cast i usually take ~50 turns

i hate that map with passion.

...What...?

Okay, I swear, that's never happened to me. Yes, it's a rather long, drawn-out map, but around 30 turns give or take is what it usually takes me, I think. And even then, I usually waste 10 turns moving everyone to Kotaro. Frankly, it's got nothing on Iago and his obnoxious spam of generals and berserkers with effective weaponry.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

unknown.png

Oh look. A generic cute anime scene.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96451057878745481216.png?size=96

FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

That's an uncharacteristic reaction, however.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I hate retcons in continous stories

especially when one of my fav. characters is involved

What, they retconned Estelle to be Rean's daughter or something?

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

It's a good thing you liked it

I'll make Sten into a reaver to justify the choice. Why the specialization was unlocked for everyone else even though I was the one who drank the blood, I'll never know, but who cares, really.

because you were fucking stupid.

f8e7939096ecd79cfcb58d0997efaa36b21d0dd9

Broodmother: the creepiest creature in all Dragon Age.

Not gonna lie, the Broodmother's origin story was way creepier than the creature itself. Eldritch horror with many boobs was spooky enough, I guess, but some of Hespith's lines while going through the corridor were so fucking disturbing.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

got nothing on Iago and his obnoxious spam of generals and berserkers with effective weaponry.

Me on the other hand can take out these guys in like 2 player phases xD

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What, they retconned Estelle to be Rean's daughter or something?

Lmao i wouldn't be surprised if they do that one day

But no, somehow, the MC knows Renne pretty well, and from a time she didn't trust or accept anyone lmao aka during the old games timeline wise

Because ofc everyone has to love mc

Edited by Shrimperor

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll make Sten into a reaver to justify the choice. Why the specialization was unlocked for everyone else even though I was the one who drank the blood, I'll never know, but who cares, really.

Specializations unlock for everyone.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, the Broodmother's origin story was way creepier than the creature itself. Eldritch horror with many boobs was spooky enough, I guess, but some of Hespith's lines while going through the corridor were so fucking disturbing.

That's why I said it was creepiest.

First day, they come and catch everyone.
Second day, they beat us and eat some for meat.
Third day, the men are all gnawed on again.
Fourth day, we wait and fear for our fate.
Fifth day, they return and it's another girl's turn.
Sixth day, her screams we hear in our dreams.
Seventh day, she grew as in her mouth they spew.
Eighth day, we hated as she is violated.
Ninth day, she grins and devours her kin.
Now she does feast, as she's become the beast.
Now you lay and wait, for their screams will haunt you in your dreams.

Oh noooooo

Dragon Age nooooo

Don't give me the choice between destroying this thing that's kept its own creator and countless others trapped in bodies of stone for all eternity, or side with the madwoman who, fueled by an unhealthy obsession, sacrificed everybody under her service to gain access to it.

Don't do this, Dragon Age.

You know I'm going to pick the dumb option.

Nooooo--!

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Me on the other hand can take out these guys in like 2 player phases xD

Huh. Well, different perspectives, I suppose.

Lmao i wouldn't be surprised if they do that one day

But no, somehow, the MC knows Renne pretty well, and from a time she didn't trust or accept anyone lmao aka during the old games timeline wise

Because ofc everyone has to love mc

Right... Maybe whoever is telling the tale is drunk? That's as good a headcanon as any. I mean, Athos being senile is how I justified the massive discrepancy in Arcadia's origin story between FE7 and FE6. You can do the same!

17 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Specializations unlock for everyone.

Yeah, I noticed. It's cool. Makes more sense for manuals and companions teaching others, though. Only I drank from the dragon blood. But that's okay, I won't complain.

That's why I said it was creepiest.

Good shit, that bit of dialogue.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Bwahahahahahahah! Amazing! I can backstab Harrowmont and give the crown to Bhelen at the last second! Yes! This game is so fucking evil!

I'm tempted, not gonna lie. I'm really tempted. He's a self-serving shithead who blatantly murdered his own brother so he could step over his corpse and sit on the throne. And, more to the point, he's more the type of person who would send """""""""""""""volunteers"""""""""""" to Branka so she can add more numbers to my golem army. Hm hm hm...

...Man, this world's going to be fucking destroyed by the time I'm done with it...