Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't have as much of a history with the series as some tbf, but it's beyond disappointing to see a series go down the crapper because the devs weren't aware of why the original games were as great as they are. They obviously don't, else they'd continue in that style instead of becoming what they are now.

But Twilit, isn’t setting the previous arc of the story in “I can’t believe it’s not Hogwarts” with a boring as sin main character who can get a harem of waifus all the rage these days?

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

https://streamable.com/zmxfnx

so umm

Van x Renne or something? Or is just Musse'ing. Or is Falcom baiting for now and will add Bonding shit in later games?

I will accept it aslong as it's not part of some harem bonding shit and well written
i will never say no to my girl being happy

9 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

But Twilit, isn’t setting the previous arc of the story in “I can’t believe it’s not Hogwarts” with a boring as sin main character who can get a harem of waifus all the rage these days?

If you have no taste, it is.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

Ugh.

Just...why.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

serial headpatting returns

I remember reading somewhere about how relationship stuff worked in this game and that supposedly it's much more limited? But I don't recall where I read it, or what the exact details were, so I'm probably wrong :v

Edit: Aha, I found it!

Spoiler

My reading is that only some characters are romanceable, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Robert Stewart

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Cold Steel 5/Hajimari

GB = Game bad and is how many of us Elitists call the Black Hole saga

So at least I'm the only one who keeps thinking of Coldsteel the Hedgehog when I see the series title.

19 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

While you gentlemen go on about the ruin of your favorite JRPG series in this funereal atmosphere, I’ll continue being old with my books. I’m content in the knowledge that the madness has mostly left me unscathed at least in that aspect of my life.

I mean, it's not one I've played beyond a demo that didn't impact on me. I'm just going to go back to what I was doing after coming back from an outing.

6 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

It used the exact voice clip i expected 10/10

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

serial headpatting returns

I remember reading somewhere about how relationship stuff worked in this game and that supposedly it's much more limited? But I don't recall where I read it, or what the exact details were, so I'm probably wrong :v

Edit: Aha, I found it!

Hide contents

My reading is that only some characters are romanceable, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't see Renne in confirmed platonic

oh no

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

If you have no taste, it is.

Ugh.

Just...why.

Yes Twilit, yes. Give into your rage my friend and join me if not in drinking, then while I pray.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

oh no

Erm, so after properly strategizing I won that battle first try. Is that really the hardest battle in the trilogy? It was so simple once I knew what to do.

I even wasted a strength dish at the end to have Estelle end the battle for bragging rights.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

oh no

Spoiler

Yeah I've read some more tweets from that person that could indicate both that Renee is or isn't a possible romantic interest

But nothing that conclusive

seems like they've not finished the game yet and are more or less live-tweeting their playthrough or something like that.

on a semi-related note, CS4 Switch was on sale

so next week I shall enter hell

I have heard from various people both that it's the worst game in the series and one of their favorites, so we shall see

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

so next week I shall enter hell

Do let us know if hell's as hot/cold as has been claimed.

@Shrimperor

dUAweml.png

You know, that fight feels kind of like an easier Loewe. You have less room for error because if there’s ever an enemy turn where you have more than like one party member not earth guard-ed, you’ve basically lost (you can recover of you’ve got some celestial balms or a grail sphere and revival balms, but that’s hard to get a lot of), but at the same time, the enemy is easier to deal with because here it’s just one guy and Loewe had 2 minions plus the 2 clones of himself he makes.

But this fight had one of the best songs in all of video games accompanying it, so which is truly superior?

Though I guess it is just a premium arrange of the song Loewe’s has.

Just now, Sooks said:

You know, that fight feels kind of like an easier Loewe. You have less room for error because if there’s ever an enemy turn where you have more than like one party member not earth guard-ed, you’ve basically lost (you can recover of you’ve got some celestial balms or a grail sphere and revival balms, but that’s hard to get a lot of), but at the same time, the enemy is easier to deal with because here it’s just one guy and Loewe had 2 minions plus the 2 clones of himself he makes.

Well, tbh

i lied

There's one battle at the End of Nightmare Arena

well

I'll leave it as a surprise

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Plot twist:

Me and Ruben are actually the same person

It'd explain Conquest, but definitely not 3H unless we're talking serious split personalities.