Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

56 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ugh.

Just...why.

There is literally nothing wrong going on here.

54 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

I remember reading somewhere about how relationship stuff worked in this game and that supposedly it's much more limited? But I don't recall where I read it, or what the exact details were, so I'm probably wrong :v

Edit: Aha, I found it!

Reveal hidden contents

So it's a lot more closer to Xenoblade Heart-to-Hearts than Persona social links.

I dig it.

59 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Yeah I've read some more tweets from that person that could indicate both that Renee is or isn't a possible romantic interest

But nothing that conclusive

If it's not romantic, it could probably be something similar to Agate's relationship with Tita. That's the vibes i'm getting from the screenshots.

The Musse part probably comes from Renne's personality tho, she is a teaser after all.

54 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

on a semi-related note, CS4 Switch was on sale

so next week I shall enter hell

I have heard from various people both that it's the worst game in the series and one of their favorites, so we shall see

Yeah as Shrimpy said i gave it a 9.

And on the rankings of games i played this year, it ranks 8th out of 31.

As for what i actually thought of the game, the tl;dr is that it's the JRPG equivalent of Avengers Endgame, for both better and worse. No like literally, i can for the most part make the same praises and critiques of both.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Impossible. You have Three Houses listed as your favorite FE.

Shrimpy also actually has good taste so you and he can't be the same person.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hmm, my max combo in Vesperia is 1,200 lmao. That's my highest in any Tales of games, Arise mine is around 110?

Meanwhile i don't care about my combo counter. If i win, i win.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Trials of Mana's 50% off.

I'll see what else ends up on sale aside from the blockbuster sale in the next few days and buy a few things with it I think, but for the stuff on sale now what were people's thoughts on Valkyria Chronicles 4? And would anyone here say I'm mad to not pick up Sonic Mania despite my unfamiliarity with the series?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s okay to not like Trails though, I get growing impatient with a slow story since, well, it’s what happens to me 60% of the time I try to watch a new show. In the first episode.

"Ugh, you actually want to show your characters and how they relate to the world show? Really?"

A quote that maybe I should have said before but have not.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If it's not romantic, it could probably be something similar to Agate's relationship with Tita.

With the way that has developed over the years and how other characters react to it, I'm not sure that's better.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

but for the stuff on sale now what were people's thoughts on Valkyria Chronicles 4

my fav SRPG.

Or as i reviewed it ''Pure fun in SRPG form''. The gameplay is amazing, and the objective variety in the first 20% if the game alone puts most FE to shame

i recommend you check the demo out!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Trials of Mana's 50% off.

good game

I think the collection is a better value, and I'm not super convinced the remake is better than the original. but still a good experience worth trying.

thoughts on Valkyria Chronicles 4?

Very cool SRPG. A different type of SRPG from Fire Emblem but still very fun.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

someone tell him

2 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

With the way that has developed over the years and how other characters react to it, I'm not sure that's better.

Look, i deadass have not really gotten any romantic vibes from them after all this time. Even from like a poorly-written standpoint.

That everyone makes jokes about it is kinda cringe tho (except Olivier, he's allowed to make the jokes).

Just now, Shrimperor said:

i recommend you check the demo out!

No Switch demo.

SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

good game

I think the collection is a better value, and I'm not super convinced the remake is better than the original. but still a good experience worth trying.

I'd say the main reason I'm not interested in Collection of Mana is because the only game I'd be curious about in that is SD3 and there's the question of if I want the collection for just it on top of having the remake available and some not so legal avenues for the original of it too. I did like Trials from the demo as well, so there's that.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The game doesn’t desperately want you to like him, Joshua being great at basically everything braver relates (at least, in the beginning) is part of the core foundation of the plot and not an attempt by the game to get you to love him. So yeah, fun fact.

Making a character amazing at everything from the start is a surefire way to make me dislike them, or at least overlook them in favor of other characters. It just happens, I dunno why. Make them a condescending, arrogant, preachy douchebag on top of that, and I'll want them dead.

Not saying Joshua is those last few things, but... Definitely condescending lol. Guy's an unbearable dick and I would've so appreciated it if someone, just one character, called him out on it instead of joining him in his dickiness.

It’s okay to not like Trails though, I get growing impatient with a slow story since, well, it’s what happens to me 60% of the time I try to watch a new show. In the first episode.

I mean, to be fair, the main reason I dropped it was that I didn't like the gameplay either. Shit happens. Tastes and preferences be like that.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Shrimpy also actually has good taste so you and he can't be the same person.

You dingus. I like Revelation too. Where will you find someone else who shares that opinion?

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"Ugh, you actually want to show your characters and how they relate to the world show? Really?"

A quote that maybe I should have said before but have not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't need dozens of hours to do that if you're good at your job as a writer.

I'd say the main reason I'm not interested in Collection of Mana is because the only game I'd be curious about in that is SD3 and there's the question of if I want the collection for just it on top of having the remake available and some not so legal avenues for the original of it too. I did like Trials from the demo as well, so there's that.

Be curious about the other two, they're good as well >:[

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There is literally nothing wrong going on here.

Didn't say there was.

But it'd be nice if some characters could be spared from becoming romance options.

At least the established characters.

New ones are fair game.

No Switch demo.

You get used to it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You dingus. I like Revelation too. Where will you find someone else who shares that opinion?

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

We disagree on everything. But in regards to Revelation, we are solitary comrades in arms.

Look, i deadass have not really gotten any romantic vibes from them after all this time. Even from like a poorly-written standpoint.

you are in the minority honestly. Tita has been crushing on him since minute 1, and while Agate always saw her more as little sister/charge he has to take care of, it's slowly changing

not to mention afaik shipping them is huge in japan apparently from what i heard

No Switch demo.

Huh? I am pretty sure there used to be a switch demo

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

you don't need dozens of hours to do that if you're good at your job as a writer.

you honestly kinda do.

As much as i give Trails shit for it's pacing, Sky did the setup in a way i really really loved

Well, then Cold Steel happened, but let's not talk about that. Or how Crossbell was the start of the downfall. So it became slow shitty writing

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Making a character amazing at everything from the start is a surefire way to make me dislike them, or at least overlook them in favor of other characters. It just happens, I dunno why. Make them a condescending, arrogant, preachy douchebag on top of that, and I'll want them dead.

Not saying Joshua is those last few things, but... Definitely condescending lol. Guy's an unbearable dick and I would've so appreciated it if someone, just one character, called him out on it instead of joining him in his dickiness.

Joshua should have been the protagonist

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, to be fair, the main reason I dropped it was that I didn't like the gameplay either. Shit happens. Tastes and preferences be like that.

Me too, but I don't give up easily

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Didn't say there was.

But it'd be nice if some characters could be spared from becoming romance options.

At least the established characters.

New ones are fair game.

Well without any of the context, headpats aren't inherently romantic.

Jury's still out on if Renne's actually a romantic option or not. There seem to be conflicting reports. But the fact that Falcom's actually showing restraint when they could've let Van romance everyone is an improvement.

Now if only we could go back to established couples.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tita has been crushing on him since minute 1, and while Agate always saw her more as little sister/charge he has to take care of, it's slowly changing

No i know that, it just never felt romantic to me. I got the feeling that Tita's crush was more of the admirer type and less of the romantic type.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

not to mention afaik shipping them is huge in japan apparently from what i heard

Tbf, Japan ships a lot.

Quite literally in fact.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

We disagree on everything. But in regards to Revelation, we are solitary comrades in arms.

There's something funny about that. Only in our most controversial opinion do we agree.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you honestly kinda do.

As much as i give Trails shit for it's pacing, Sky did the setup in a way i really really loved

Well... Okay. I'm glad everyone else loves it, at least. Just wish I could have in on the joy, but it just wasn't to be.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Joshua should have been the protagonist

I made it to 10 hours when I tried FC.

If this was the case I might have been in time to ask Steam for a refund.

Me too, but I don't give up easily

Well, do forgive me for being quitter scum. I will try not to quit in the future.

Just now, Armagon said:

is an improvement

improvement would've been removing bonding entirely, with no traces remaining

Now if only we could go back to established couples

then Falcom sees Persona money

Persona was a mistake for what it did to the genre

Just now, Robert Stewart said:

Be curious about the other two, they're good as well >:[

I tried Secret of Mana and didn't get into it, I did get past the first few hours too so at least I swear I tried.

The first one not as much, but GB ARPG is a tough sell, poor thing.

You get used to it.

There is never enough dakka demo

Well without any of the context, headpats aren't inherently romantic.

It still reads weird for it to be done so between two adults, either due to potential condescension or infantilisation, or the implication of affection that such contact can be read into as and with not much to push it being used platonically I don't think I see it that way.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait, Persona's bad guys now? I thought they were just foolish because they keep acting like only Persona can use Shibuya for some reason and anyone else who does is a ripoff

I decided to pop on Sky: Children of the Light. I am clearly not playing in a way to engage with it, which is not helping, but it reminds me a fair bit of thatgamecompany's previous title Journey

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Dayni if you don't wanna shell out a 20 for VC4, you can get VC1 for like 5€ atm i think on steam. 

Incase you can't find the demo.

VC1 is quite weaker gameplay wise than VC4, but characters and story a bit stronger imo

Hmm.

It is actually very solid on PC actually, with complete being the same price as base on Switch and it does seem to run on proton very well.

Sorry Switch, you lost this round. Though I'm not seeing a demo on Steam either.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's something funny about that. Only in our most controversial opinion do we agree.

You and me getting ready to defend Revelation

Untitled-3.png?width=329&height=432

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In another universe, one where people actually bought the Sega Saturn, you'd be blaming Sakura Wars for that.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It still reads weird for it to be done so between two adults, either due to potential condescension or infantilisation, or the implication of affection that such contact can be read into as and with not much to push it being used platonically I don't think I see it that way.

Well it may also be a cultural thing. Don't quote me on that tho.

At the end of the day, it's a game made by Japanese people.