• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

As an aside, yeah, shouldn't be much surprise about that game's battle system. Literally it is Like a Dragon [Quest], grandfather of the modern JRPG.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I'm still trying to figure it out, Benice. Is your PFP sitting down or actually split in half.

I sincerely hope that she's sitting down as opposed to being split in half...

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

I rate the game extremely highly, and a lot of people really like the combat system-but what I love about it is the story, the really good cast, and this game having some of the very best substories out of the entire series.

I do appreciate good stories and casts. I loved Omori despite the combat system being a drag.

Keep in mind that my opinions are bad, and that I'd never watched any crime series before watching Yakuza 0,

Crime series is sort of a broad genre, it’s pretty hard to mess up something under the lens of a crime series/drama because of how common they are.

so it's my only real experience with story-heavy games

But you know how you could fix that.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But you know how you could fix that.

Yes! Play Metal Gear Solid 4 for the 71 consecutive minutes of cutscenes!

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Can't get more story-heavy than SRW. SRW 30 is there. Chop chop!

I know that my promises are as valuable as dirt, but I will play it someday.

Friendship ended with Boss Borot

Now Giant Sang Yung is my best friend.

... I still can't believe they really made this playable of all things. XD It only has that one attack... but it's all it needs I'd say. lol

9 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

So it's family route time i see

This is wholesome

too wholesome

i am scared

I'll bet it's about as wholesome as Omori. You have nothing to worry about.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wait, Three Houses! That’s it! Three Houses, Saint Rubenio on Serenes Forest really doesn’t like Three Houses, but I do.

And Trails in the Sky as well! That’s what that is! Wow, this Ruben fellow sure is a contrarian.

I think I remember…

Of course. I should've known that would do the trick. After all, bullying me is Teehee's national sport.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’ve also converted to a Joshua pfp

I think I liked Suckes better.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sure, and I'm still not happy with you.

Hey, what's so wrong with being compared with me?

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Yes! Play Metal Gear Solid 4 for the 71 consecutive minutes of cutscenes!

No. Play Metal Gear Rising instead. Embrace the American spirit.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Keep in mind that my opinions are bad,

This statement is severely lacking in truthness. More often than not your opinions are cool.

10 hours ago, Shrimp γ said:

low man it

Buy some concoctions then?

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Abuse save states. That map does no deserve to be played with honor.

Alternatively, deploy wyvern Xander, or Benny or really, any lancer that isn't mounted, with the beast effective lance, cam't remember its name right now. Then just... Spend an hour rolling the dice.

That map is just so terrible.

Well, it'd be a shame if I was playing on a 2DSXL.

Yeah, I am annoyed at past me as I made Corrin a GK in the previous chapter. As for others, probably my best offensive bets are Xander/Haitaka with massive Def boosts on lances as I made Reinhard a Malig Knight, Kumagera or maybe Atayoshi with some shuriken. Leo exists I suppose but forests make accuracy difficult, same for Niles and Camilla.

Kitsune hell looking real hellish right now.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Devil Trigger is very based tho.

us5dn5e5mn811.gif

@Sooks I see you're awake now.

Edited by Dayni

The intro scene to the Desaix's fortress fight is pretty good for Fernand's character, but there's just one thing I don't understand.

Why is Mathilda lying on the ground in the CG? She may be captive, but you'd think a proud, renowned knight like her would stand tall and look the traitor in the eye. Or you know... even if she wasn't a kind-of-a-big-deal knight, you'd think any regular person would just stand up? For the sake of convenience and not having to keep looking up at the other person? What, did Fernand happen to go visit while she was taking a nap? On the cold floor?

...Ah, who am I kidding. I know exactly why the devs put her on the floor.

Also, I had forgotten how pathetic the "time limit" in this map is. One extremely weak archer that is easily lured away from Mathilda. Oof. Still, tough map. Tougher than the ones before, for sure.

Just now, Sooks said:

I’m open to pfp suggestions.

Go back to B. Saga. Or Omori. Only use pfps that I approve of.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I had forgotten how pathetic the "time limit" in this map is. One extremely weak archer that is easily lured away from Mathilda. Oof. Still, tough map. Tougher than the ones before, for sure.

There's also the zombies, but yeah you're not so stuck by her at least.

Turns out an accident's holding up the first leg of my trip, might be late at this rate/

Well, that's that. Forsyth choked the point until Shade couldn't keep his health up anymore, then Silque teleported Kliff up to support him. Then Desaix... for some reason attacked Kliff? Even though Kliff was at full health and Forsyth would've been left with single digit HP if Desaix's javelin had landed? Is that an easter egg, is his AI programmed to attack Kliff because of the manga shenanigans or is it just a coincidence...?

Also, wow, I'd forgotten how brutal sagittae is in Echoes.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

There's also the zombies, but yeah you're not so stuck by her at least.

True, but the zombies are pathetic and she can fight back lol.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Turns out an accident's holding up the first leg of my trip, might be late at this rate/

Oof... I hope it's nothing too serious.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Kitsune hell looking real hellish right now

there's also the corner tactic and the hill tactic.

Corner: Needs Elise with auras + 4 units. You park Elise in the southeast corner and sorround her with 2 tanky paired up units. Bait kitsune groups and go back to Elise. Repeat until Fox exterminatiob

Hill: Fliers needed, including a falcom knight for heals. You fly on hills and bait foxes one by one.

Both take a long ass time

Oh, you've got to be shitting me. Palla, Catria, Atlas, stop! You idiots, I was just going to promote Atlas and go to Grieth! Are you really gonna make me walk all the way back to the sea shrine? Goddamnit...

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof... I hope it's nothing too serious.

I've moved a bit over a kilometre in 50 minutes.

I hope the person who was in the crash this morning is fine and I hope my meeting won't be too derailed by this.

Well, that's that. Forsyth choked the point until Shade couldn't keep his health up anymore, then Silque teleported Kliff up to support him. Then Desaix... for some reason attacked Kliff? Even though Kliff was at full health and Forsyth would've been left with single digit HP if Desaix's javelin had landed? Is that an easter egg, is his AI programmed to attack Kliff because of the manga shenanigans or is it just a coincidence...?

That sounds like something cool, but I somehow doubt. that was the plan

Did he have a crit percentage on Kliff?

Also, wow, I'd forgotten how brutal sagittae is in Echoes.

Something 3H utterly failed on.

7 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

there's also the corner tactic and the hill tactic.

Corner: Needs Elise with auras + 4 units. You park Elise in the southeast corner and sorround her with 2 tanky paired up units. Bait kitsune groups and go back to Elise. Repeat until Fox exterminatiob

Hill: Fliers needed, including a falcom knight for heals. You fly on hills and bait foxes one by one.

My Elise is 20 unpromoted and all my combat units are male except Corrin and Camilla, so maybe that could do. No Falcoknights yet, I was planning on robbing some from Fuga.

Also, Falcom knight, teehee.

Edited by Dayni

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, you've got to be shitting me. Palla, Catria, Atlas, stop! You idiots, I was just going to promote Atlas and go to Grieth! Are you really gonna make me walk all the way back to the sea shrine? Goddamnit...

You do.

F.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That sounds like something cool, but I somehow doubt. that was the plan

Did he have a crit percentage on Kliff?

I don't think so. He had 1% on Forsyth I believe, and Kliff's luck is higher.

Something 3H utterly failed on.

3H failed in a lot of things. But I digress.

You do.

F.

I am feeling really tempted to punish him for his stubborness by making him a soldier. Please convince me otherwise.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am feeling really tempted to punish him for his stubborness by making him a soldier. Please convince me otherwise.

Go ahead and immolate your Atlas, I can't tell you otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think so. He had 1% on Forsyth I believe, and Kliff's luck is higher.

Did Forsyth have a javelin and Kliff didn't?

What are their Def stats like?

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Go ahead and immolate your Atlas, I can't tell you otherwise.

Actually, I went ahead and did it, but... I think I regret it now. I was convinced Genny learned rescue eventually, but as it turns out, it's... Actually Atlas himself who learns rescue.

Honestly? Thankfully I kept an alternate save. I'm going back and making him a mage. Mage Atlas is funny enough, and I need a rescuer to keep Valbar going in the swamp maps.

Did Forsyth have a javelin and Kliff didn't?

Nope.

What are their Def stats like?

I think Forsyth's may have been slightly higher. Doesn't really matter when one has full HP adn the other is at like 1/4th.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I went ahead and did it, but... I think I regret it now. I was convinced Genny learned rescue eventually, but as it turns out, it's... Actually Atlas himself who learns rescue.

Honestly? Thankfully I kept an alternate save. I'm going back and making him a mage. Mage Atlas is funny enough, and I need a rescuer to keep Valbar going in the swamp maps.

9d7m5uW.gif