• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Vandal Hearts's translation is official. Just saying, because unless I'm misinterpreting it, this seems to imply it isn't.

Yeah I should've reworded that. I didn't give it my usual half-hour of proofreading.😅

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Okay, this goes way beyond describing Hel Spites as a "well-known right winger", though.

True, this extreme example merely came to mind. Me saying it could be worse, to the point where it stops being funny at all. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Charlotte vs Garon.

Fuck. What do I pick here? This is impossible...

Garon under Charlotte. Make it happen.😛

Why? Why not?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1395 battles in, I finally have a near impossible bout.

Charlotte vs Garon.

Fuck. What do I pick here? This is impossible...

Choose Charlotte! Think about the character!

Choose Garon! Think about the hilarity!

Choose tie! Think about your sanity!

Hwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I couldn't resist. I picked Garon.

If Garon makes it to the top of the list I'm going to laugh my ass off. 41% now. I mean, I'm closer to the end than I was at the start.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah I should've reworded that. I didn't give it my usual half-hour of proofreading.😅

Haha, well, it's okay.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Garon under Charlotte. Make it happen.😛

Why? Why not?

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

You're not helping guys. And it's too late anyhow.

Oh crap. Now the Bonfire is out too. Crap! Crap! Crap!

Even if I buy absolution now, this won't bring any dead NPCs back to life. I should have just ignored the Fire Keeper and run to the elevator.

Not sure there is a point in continuing this save. Goddamn autosave.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Funny as that was, I really do not have anywhere else to go now.

Would you like for me to backseat game for you?

Apparently there is a Light spell, but I can't say I've encountered it.

Well... It's in the DLC and is fairly useless, not to mention the DLC (which is included in Remastered) is really hard to find and you can't access it yet.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Maybe this is some kind of soft Game Over and I'm just kinda stuck now.

Nope. You do get access to an additional boss, though.

Also, why'd you kill Gwynevere?

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Although maybe I can just buy myself absolution.

Nope, I'm pretty sure that Anor Londo stays that way.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

have that open anyway, ever since I pissed off that cat.

cM89L4u.png

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

I am sick and must self-isolate.

...I don't know what to do. Hm...

Rest

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then there the fan translation of this cute & innocent-looking Super Famicom JRPG:

dkm-1.jpgdaikaijuu1a.png

Waaaaaaay out of line with what should be acceptable in a video game "translation". The man gutted dialogues to insert all his boorish ranting, there is a lot more than this one box.

If the guy's meant to be who would be expected to say that and it makes sense there that's one thing. I guess this isn't one of those cases.

I hope there's a better translation.

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Your choices matterᵗᵐ

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Oh crap. Now the Bonfire is out too. Crap! Crap! Crap!

You can still warp to it, don't worry.

Not sure there is a point in continuing this save. Goddamn autosave.

Nah, you'll be fine. Probably. You're only losing one of several ten-Estus bonfires, and you can easily make more.

Speaking of, did you find the Fair Lady?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nope. You do get access to an additional boss, though.

Also, why'd you kill Gwynevere?

I didn't kill her. I just shot a single crossbow bolt in her direction. Not like this is enough to kill anything else besides basic hollows.

I just wanted to know what would happen if I attack an almighty giant NPC like that. I expected to get hit by an instant kill, not whatever this is.

I didn't kill her. I just shot a single crossbow bolt in her direction. Not like this is enough to kill anything else besides basic hollows.

I just wanted to know what would happen if I attack an almighty giant NPC like that. I expected to get hit by an instant kill, not whatever this is.

Welp, that's unfortunate.

You have learned the speedrun strat, though!

Edited by Benice

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

cM89L4u.png

I thought initially it was because I killed those NPCs in the forest. They looked like an adventurer party, so I thought they were actual humans hunting the undead, and that as cursed creators, undead don't get to make self-defense claims against regular humans, so now I'm a sinner.

But looking it up, apparently it was really just because I said something to the cat that it didn't like.

Edited by BrightBow

I hardly ever see my favorites. It's usually a whole bunch of mid-tiers fighting each other, but the likes of Arran, Raigh, Frost, Matthis and fuckin' Garon disappear for ages at a time.

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

OMG

just booted Vandal Hearts. This voice. I just can't! XD

You mean the voice singing at the start or the narrator? The singing was pretty nice, I thought. The narrator sounds like he's trying a wee bit too hard and is recovering from a cold.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The final battle is gonna be Garon v Frost.

Garon v Frost: Dawn of Gray

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You mean the voice singing at the start or the narrator? The singing was pretty nice, I thought. The narrator sounds like he's trying a wee bit too hard and is recovering from a cold.

The narrator XD It's glorious how he's trying to sound super serious and solemn but has the worst intonations and rhythm.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nah, you'll be fine. Probably. You're only losing one of several ten-Estus bonfires, and you can easily make more.

Speaking of, did you find the Fair Lady?

You mean this M'lady lady? I heard she went to the catacomps but I couldn't find her there. I did find the rite though, so 20 flasks for me.

Probably should go back there and look for some hidden areas.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I hardly ever see my favorites. It's usually a whole bunch of mid-tiers fighting each other, but the likes of Arran, Raigh, Frost, Matthis and fuckin' Garon disappear for ages at a time.

🤔

I mean you like Grust's Uncharismatic Child, but Raigh? Did autocorrect change somebody else's name?

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

The narrator XD It's glorious how he's trying to sound super serious and solemn but has the worst intonations and rhythm.

"SOS TEH GAH REH AH"

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

🤔

I mean you like Grust's Uncharismatic Child, but Raigh? Did autocorrect change somebody else's name?

Nope. Raigh. You read that right. In fact, he's one of my long, long time favorites. Harkening all the way back to when I played FE6 as my second FE ever and stayed there for a whole bunch of playthroughs before I even gave 8 a shot.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But there will be a half-an-hour waiting period before that.

Garon will wait patiently for his revenge, but only for 25 turns. After that, he will begin his assault.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"SOS TEH GAH REH AH"

XD perfection.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Garon will wait patiently for his revenge, but only for 25 turns. After that, he will begin his assault.

GASP! So Garon was Hoshidan all along! How the tables turn!

So apparently it was an option to revive the Fire Keeper in the Firelink Shrine.

Really sorry about that. Did not think the dead could be revived like that. I just figured if there was something else I can do with that soul other then upgrading the Estus Flasks, her Anor Londo college would have said something about it. And it's not like it had a special name or anything else that indicates the game treats it as unique.
Not like I ever felt as if turning girl souls into orange juice was morally sound in the first place. But the Keepers seem to have no problems doing that to the souls of their peers, so I guessed this is just how things were meant to be.

Seems like there is a 3rd Fire Keeper. Although one that has such obtuse requirements that it seems crazy to me anyone could acquire her services without looking it up.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm at 52%. I'm going to leave the page open while I go get dinner. If something happens and for whatever reason I lose all progress, I will headcanon that Garon won.

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

GASP! So Garon was Hoshidan all along! How the tables turn!

Garon was the real bridge between the nations. He is the seeds of peace.

Just now, Lorneus said:

image.png.907b50f840412eae30e4f1dae9a3c272.png

Organ harvesting be profitable

Out of curiousity, what emulator are you using?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You mean this M'lady lady? I heard she went to the catacomps but I couldn't find her there. I did find the rite though, so 20 flasks for me.

Nope, not that one.

Although one that has such obtuse requirements that it seems crazy to me anyone could acquire her services without looking it up.

Ah, you've learned of the Fair Lady.

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I thought initially it was because I killed those NPCs in the forest. They looked like an adventurer party, so I thought they were actual humans hunting the undead, and that as cursed creators, undead don't get to make self-defense claims against regular humans, so now I'm a sinner.

But looking it up, apparently it was really just because I said something to the cat that it didn't like.

This game can be fickle sometimes.

So, I take it that you've defeated Sif?