Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least I hope the game'll have the restraint not to pull anything like the Luka Sequence post-Funny....

Ah, don’t worry. The last anime funny moment happens before the funny™.

…well, okay, depending on how you define anime funny moment, that might not technically be true, but the only thing after the funny™ that might qualify unironically serves the story and is part of an alternate ending anyway.

And even then, it’s nowhere near Luka levels, hence the technically.

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which one was he? I missed this bit of localisation history.

The fanslation at one point debated calling Belf Vergil. Kinda wish they ignored the detractors and did it. Belf is such a moronic name.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The fanslation at one point debated calling Belf Vergil. Kinda wish they ignored the detractors and did it. Belf is such a moronic name.

Belf sounds like an onomatopoeia.

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

image.png.0a6aa2b4a7246a856bab60ecfb33271d.png

Yep. Seems about my average level of planning ahead and amazing strategies.

Just wait till later on! And ofc the trials have puzzles with them as well! But it takes time to figure out!

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't Vergil the name of a dark mage generic in Fates?

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just wait till later on! And ofc the trials have puzzles with them as well! But it takes time to figure out!

In all honesty, I'm quite excited about that. I happen to love puzzle games. I just didn't expect to find one here until it was too late XD

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...did i seriously just miss 2 pages while i was giving RD Hard mode a try? what a mistake. I love RD but good thing i never tried it's hard mode before

Did you try it without mods?

I wouldn't blame you.

12 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Isn't Vergil the name of a dark mage generic in Fates?

Fun fact of the day: Fates’ generic names are randomized from a list, and which list the unit gets are determined by their gender and whether they are Nohrian or Hoshidan.

But Virgil is on the Nohrian male list according to the Internet, so I guess so, yeah.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Did you try it without mods?

I got that patch that adds enemy range and weapon triangle

Still, the inflation is really bad, and the Dawn Brigade are even more useless with most maps being basically Sothe solo (played until ch5 or so)

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Still, the inflation is really bad, and the Dawn Brigade are even more useless with most maps being basically Sothe solo (played until ch5 or so)

Sounds like fun /s

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact of the day: Fates’ generic names are randomized from a list, and which list the unit gets are determined by their gender and whether they are Nohrian or Hoshidan.

But Virgil is on the Nohrian male list according to the Internet, so I guess so, yeah.

Can confirm. I have him as my only dark mage.

11 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I mostly played Normal when I was younger, but the few times I dabbled into Hard Mode, I didn't notice the inflation at all. Not helping was that the franchise went Super Duper Inflation with its highest difficulty modes in 11, 12, and 13.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sounds like fun /s

maybe later it gets fun, who knows. But the early game was more pain then gain and when enemy javelin users started doubling my units i went ''noooope''. 13 As 1-2 range so early is...

Not even Ed could double after ch2, and he is a freaking myrmidon lol

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not helping was that the franchise went Super Duper Inflation with its highest difficulty modes in 11, 12, and 13.

and back at it again with FE16, sadly. Maddening was....an experience... and i needed lotsa grinding.

Atleast combat arts do help there alot.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck, I think if anything Vandal Hearts looks great for a PS1 game.

I mean, like I said, maybe it looks better when actually playing it instead of a still image.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

90* turns of the camera angle never seem to give you that single perfect view you want.

That and it means certain objects can obscure your view.

It happens a few times in the PxZs.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man I hate to admit that Petrine beat 422 people simply because I'm horny, but unfortunately, I would be lying if I tried making any greater arguments

"If evil, why hot?"

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Not even Ed could double after ch2, and he is a freaking myrmidon lol

That's Edward lol /s

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Can confirm. I have him as my only dark mage.

He was the berserker in mine.

m9Udf4W.jpg
Shots fired.

Also an enemy got a death turn and missed its attack, so Tio got to use its turn bonus against it. That was fun.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

In all honesty, I'm quite excited about that. I happen to love puzzle games. I just didn't expect to find one here until it was too late XD

Well they arent like, super intense, but pretty good considering the limited system they have.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also an enemy got a death turn and missed its attack, so Tio got to use its turn bonus against it. That was fun.

This is a fun idea that CS sadly removes, but for the best cause insight lmao.

Just now, Armagon said:

Wait that's a thing that can happen?

Well, in Crossbell at least (this wasn’t in Sky, and I don’t know if they carried it over into Cold Steel), when an enemy misses an attack against you (or vice versa), the character that dodged will follow up and attack the enemy if the enemy is in their range. Apparently this attack also gets to use any active turn bonus so… fun times.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, in Crossbell at least (this wasn’t in Sky, and I don’t know if they carried it over into Cold Steel), when an enemy misses an attack against you (or vice versa), the character that dodged will follow up and attack the enemy if the enemy is in their range. Apparently this attack also gets to use any active turn bonus so… fun times.

Ohhhh that. I misunderstood what you meant.

Yeah Cold Steel had counters too but I don't think the bonuses carry over.