• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh Japan...😐🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

It's not entirely surprising another country could flub up so badly on another country's ethnic-racial stuff. Particularly when Japan and America are so different. This both makes much too light of a serious topic (albeit one taught to American children) and involves profiteering. One baaaaaad combination.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

You know, it’s been like 110 hours total across both Crossbell games and I still can’t fully get over how dumb the names Wazy Hemisphere and Wald Wales are. It makes it hard to take this part seriously.

Edited by Sooks

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What… what is that from?

So at first I thought it was Fate because Fate but it's actually some generic Moe card gacha or whatever.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh Japan...😐🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

It's not entirely surprising another country could flub up so badly on another country's ethnic-racial stuff. Particularly when Japan and America are so different. This both makes much too light of a serious topic (albeit one taught to American children) and involves profiteering. One baaaaaad combination.

Doesn't end there. According to the comments, one of the other characters you can find in this game is a moe-ified anime girl version of Joseph Stalin. You know, the guy who some historians consider worse than Hitler by some metrics.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You know, it’s been like 110 hours total across both Crossbell games and I still can’t fully get over how dumb the names Wazy Hemisphere and Wald Wales are. It makes it hard to take this part seriously.

Ace Attorney moment.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Doesn't end there. According to the comments, one of the other characters you can find in this game is a moe-ified anime girl version of Joseph Stalin. You know, the guy who some historians consider worse than Hitler by some metrics.

🙄

Leave the historical totalitarian jokes to the historians.

Stalin (and Mao) were in some of the older Civilization games, though those had the "historical simulator" excuse and not adorbs anime. And there are reasons why they haven't shown up since the Civ IV and Civ Revolution era.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So at first I thought it was Fate because Fate but it's actually some generic Moe card gacha or whatever.

Fate might endow Nero, but I, hopefully, can't see it waifuing modern dictators nor liberators.

Fate has money aplenty already, it doesn't have to be so desperate to try that. And Grand Order is probably so curated for every proposed new character, that they would be sanity-checked by a team of developers to shoot down any insane ideas like that. Lesser gatchas, more in need of revenues and lacking the proofreading team I'm thinking exists, would be more willing to resort to crazy proposals.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So... I might've been misunderstanding Vandal Hearts so far.

Because I saw Eleni as a monk in some screenshots, I thought you could switch the characters to any class. Now I realize it's in her class tree somehow. So as promised, everyone whom I could make a monk except for Huxley, I did, but now I'm starting to fear a full-on monk team with a non-monk Huxley is not feasible.  Well, I haven't gotten to these mysterious trials yet, so I'm holding onto hope with that.

I also think my poor Diego is cursed. It happened five times now that he left an enemy at 1 HP. Hoping his advancement to bow knight will help him take down foes more reliably when needed. He is useful for chip damage though, I'll give him that.

6 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Because I saw Eleni as a monk in some screenshots, I thought you could switch the characters to any class. Now I realize it's in her class tree somehow. So as promised, everyone whom I could make a monk except for Huxley, I did, but now I'm starting to fear a full-on monk team with a non-monk Huxley is not feasible.  Well, I haven't gotten to these mysterious trials yet, so I'm holding onto hope with that.

I also think my poor Diego is cursed. It happened five times now that he left an enemy at 1 HP. Hoping his advancement to bow knight will help him take down foes more reliably when needed. He is useful for chip damage though, I'll give him that.

The only way to do the trials is to unlock the keys which are hidden in stupid locations that I highly recommend looking up if you want them, for Ash's alternate class that destroys the games balance. 

Infinite items and spells causes absurd gamebreaking.  

Protip, if someone is behind and needs EXP, buy them herbs to use on high leveled allies, you get easy levels that way.

Edit: they have to have damage for this too work, or they won't get EXP.

Edited by lightcosmo

So, according to the only full English walkthrough of Azure on the entire internet, you have to deal 25% of the chapter 3 day 2’s boss HP in damage in the first 10 turns for max DP.

Turns? What does that mean in a Trails game? First 10 actions? Every time everyone has moved? The first 10 actions the boss gets? The first 10 actions period makes the most sense, logically, but there’s no way that’s possible unless you get a crit every one of those actions. Huh?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

The only way to do the trials is to unlock the keys which are hidden in stupid locations that I highly recommend looking up if you want them, for Ash's alternate class that destroys the games balance. 

Infinite items and spells causes absurd gamebreaking.  

Protip, if someone is behind and needs EXP, buy them herbs to use on high leveled allies, you get easy levels that way.

Edit: they have to have damage for this too work, or tgey won't get EXP.

Hmm, so the trials are solely for Ash?

Oh well. I won't go after them this run if it is so. I'd prefer going blind for my first time. I was just hoping to be able to make literally everyone that isn't Huxley into a Monk, even if it would be extremely sub-optimal, but if you can't do it I'll at least wait until my second run to try and break the game.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Another tip: if you see tiles with high % (like 15%) they raise your defence by that amount. Use them as often as possible!

Ooooh! And is that what the % next to the characters mean as well? I only ever notice it when it's at 0%, except like once,, so I'm super confused over what they're supposed to be XD

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fate might endow Nero, but I, hopefully, can't see it waifuing modern dictators nor liberators.

Fate has money aplenty already, it doesn't have to be so desperate to try that. And Grand Order is probably so curated for every proposed new character, that they would be sanity-checked by a team of developers to shoot down any insane ideas like that.

Fate also sets the limit at the 1800s (due to Florence Nightingale being one of the characters. Fun fact, a descendant of Nightingale discovered that her ancestor was in Fate and hilarity ensued). It seems 1900s and onwards is too recent for their tastes.

Lore reasons actually. Something with magic losing it's power, technology replacing it, science explaining the unknown, people not believing in the supernatural anymore and stuff like that.

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

First 10 actions?

This

Edited by Father Shrimpas

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

This

I was able to get it at exactly 10 without any crits. The real problem ended up being the fact that I’m using Elie and Tio, since the boss takes zero magic damage.

11 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...did i seriously just miss 2 pages while i was giving RD Hard mode a try?

Yep, you just happened to miss the entirety of my S;G session.

what a mistake. I love RD but good thing i never tried it's hard mode before

It's that bad? The hard mode was my only hope for a fun RD.

Shit this sounds familiar, reminds me of a similar experience I had with a certain game involving a trio of homes...

Man, Ruben's reactions are popcorn worthy 

Uh, thanks? I guess? No wait, this is bad... Stop pointing and laughing at my impending doom! I am ever closer to The Funny!

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

"If evil, hot"

fify

9 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Yeah, each character has two class lines they can go to. Ash only has one, but he can unlock the secret fourth promotion if you do all the trials. Wouldn't recommend it on a first run, though. He breaks the game and you need a guide for it anyway.

Hahaha... oh, poor Diego. I made him into a hawknight instead. He can do some things, but the class feels oddly underpowered. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's that bad?

Well, not nearly as bad as 3H. Atleast in RD you have Sothe (& Volug).

The problem is that the scrub brigade, who are already weak to begin with, are even worse, you get a bit less exp (which makes it even harder to use any of the mentioned scrubs as you have to funnel exp quite hard) and enemies get stronger much faster. Any one with a steel weapon could straight up one shot  (not one round) anyone not named Nolan, who starting ch3 gets doubled when holding Steel Axe while enemies don't get weighted down at all due to high STR.

Also OG hard mode removed weapon triangle, enemy range and map affinity, but you can add those back with a randomizer without randomizing anything. So i'd say og RD hard mode is straight up the worst hard mode in the series due to removal of enemy range indicator. Don't wanna play FE without that lol.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Hmm, so the trials are solely for Ash?

Oh well. I won't go after them this run if it is so. I'd prefer going blind for my first time. I was just hoping to be able to make literally everyone that isn't Huxley into a Monk, even if it would be extremely sub-optimal, but if you can't do it I'll at least wait until my second run to try and break the game.

Everyone participates, but only Ash benefits in the end, no EXP is gained at all from memory. It just tests your skill and eventually to unlock his alternate class, that's all you get.

Ooooh! And is that what the % next to the characters mean as well? I only ever notice it when it's at 0%, except like once,, so I'm super confused over what they're supposed to be XD

Yeah, it can be a lifesaver on alotta maps. You'll see 0%, 5%, 15%, 20%, and 30% i believe that's all of them.

8 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Lore reasons actually. Something with magic losing it's power, technology replacing it, science explaining the unknown, people not believing in the supernatural anymore and stuff like that.

Who would win:

A pantheon of heroes and gods from across history

Or

One digital boi

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, each character has two class lines they can go to. Ash only has one, but he can unlock the secret fourth promotion if you do all the trials. Wouldn't recommend it on a first run, though. He breaks the game and you need a guide for it anyway.

Yeah. I'm starting to get regrets over my decision to not make Huxley a monk, but I'll still go through with it because I can be oddly stubborn in the worst situations.

Yeah, I'll keep things casual for now.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha... oh, poor Diego. I made him into a hawknight instead. He can do some things, but the class feels oddly underpowered. Oh well.

Oh really? I guess the zombies are weak to flying or something cause Kira just one-shot stuff in the map I deployed her as a hawknight. Maybe it's the pass ability and being able to backstab enemies that makes it better too, not sure. Shut up, I remember the details of the weapon triangle mentioned in the dojo.

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Everyone participates, but only Ash benefits in the end, no EXP is gained at all from memory. It just tests your skill and eventually to unlock his alternate class, that's all you get.

Ah, that's a bummer. Would've been nice eve if it were to unlock a last tier class for every character. Feels a bit sad for the other peeps. I'm just gonna venture a wild guess and say that the investigate action is required to find the keys.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yeah, it can be a lifesaver on alotta maps. You'll see 0%, 5%, 15%, 20%, and 30% i believe that's all of them.

Damn, yeah, that seems pretty awesome. I'll have to stay on the lookout now!

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Ah, that's a bummer. Would've been nice eve if it were to unlock a last tier class for every character. Feels a bit sad for the other peeps. I'm just gonna venture a wild guess and say that the investigate action is required to find the keys.

Yeah, you can see tiles on the map that stand out from the rest, whether they have patterns, cracks, etc, you examine them to get items, and keys on some maps. Other times you have to find an item someone in the tavern wants and when you find it for em, you get a key. I dunno where you are in the game, so you mighta already missed one though.