Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

>XV 4th last.

What did it do?

While the combat gameplay is interesting and the characters okay (for what I've played of it, I didn't go very far), the pacing was excruciatingly slow and exploring didn't feel all that fun either. The mini mechanics are similar to BotW in a way, but I feel they were more interesting in that one (photos, cooking, gathering, etc.) I don't think it's a terrible game, but I definitely see why a lot people could dislike it.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

What is wrong with me? I can respond to every prompt perfectly, I have the timing down for everything… and I keep pressing the wrong button!

My brain will perfectly register what button I’m supposed to press, I’ll hear it in my head, and then I’ll do confidently press the wrong one! And when a lot are coming at me I just sort of panic and click whatever! Why? I am all that’s stopping me from getting the achievement, if I was smart enough to just press the correct one of TWO buttons I’d be done by now. But noooo.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:
The only good mini game in Trails.

I like the mini game on the orbal terminal in this one, Pom Party.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, it's only on Sony systems right?

Checks Steam.

Yep, only Sony. I know SotN was a big PS1 title but it's been ported elsewhere.

Oh that's what you meant.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

>XV 4th last.

What did it do?

FFXV is a highly divisive game. It's understandable, since the game was released in an unfinished state. At least it's not XIII lol

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Best Christmas gift ever!

6dbf14e0966806b426d9d18f7f5a6a51efe5a64f.png

>Gundam IBO

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I just noticed

https://images2.imgbox.com/71/4b/i1v6cOmh_o.png

It's really easy to miss, but as a sniper, Kira visibly winces when she hops to higher or lower ground. Her face even turns red! I guess I'd be suffering too if I had to jump with all of that shit on me.

The details in this game's sprites, I love 'em.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok Rondo of Blood, we need to talk. Why the fuck is the MP pickups hearts? I knew something was off when those hearts weren't recovering health. That's so misleading.

This has always been like that in Castlevania. From the very first game to the last. If anything, Bloodstained's the weird one not using hearts for MP.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This has always been like that in Castlevania. From the very first game to the last. If anything, Bloodstained's the weird one not using hearts for MP.

Looks like Bloodstained is the only one who's not getting sued for false advertising /s

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Hopefully the patina of two more than decades won't have affected the games too much. Enjoy!😀

I'd be useless on Rondo, although it is the more straightforward. On Symphony, I could offer some guidance as you need it. My first tip being to buy the Jewel of Open when you get access to the shop, you need it to advance.

Meanwhile in Crosscode, the tracking in a cave "follow this exact path" stuff is proving annoying.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok Rondo of Blood, we need to talk. Why the fuck is the MP pickups hearts? I knew something was off when those hearts weren't recovering health. That's so misleading.

Besides it being tradition, it gets a little more confusing in Symphony of the Night.

Alucard has HP, MP, and Hearts. HP is solely listed as a number on the HUD, the blue meter is his MP, and he has a separate number for Hearts. Hearts are consumed for subweapon use, while MP is used for certain abilities and Alucard's "spells".

Said spells are strange, since they all require fighting game-styled button inputs. Not only that, but Alucard actually starts with five spells already learned and can be used right away, but the game gives you no indicator of this. You're supposed to buy items teach you those spell inputs later.

*Checks a Rondo guide* It looks like Maria also has one such fighting game move in Rondo, which makes sense given she later had it in a Portrait of Ruin bonus mode. If the game hasn't explained it anywhere: down, up, forward diagonal, attack button.

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

like the mini game on the orbal terminal in this one, Pom Party.

I hate lowercase "m"s. In some fonts with certain words, I have to stop and to pause and make sure it's an "m" and not "rn".

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Said spells are strange, since they all require fighting game-styled button inputs. Not only that, but Alucard actually starts with five spells already learned and can be used right away, but the game gives you no indicator of this. You're supposed to buy items teach you those spell inputs later.

Spells require fighting game inputs? Oh yeah, I was never going to be into this game.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I hate lowercase "m"s. In some fonts with certain words, I have to stop and to pause and make sure it's an "m" and not "rn".

Gahahahaha

Now that's an unfortunate misread.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Next steam sale tomorrow huh

Omori, Shrimpers.

And/or B. Saga.

Don't go buyin' no animes now. You don't want ol' Rooben to be upset, now would ya? I might have to resort to, uh... drastic measures, if you made me upset. Such as getting into Cold Steel.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Omori, Shrimpers.

Yeah i am interested in Omori this sale. If it goes down to 10 bucks i might pick it up

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Such as getting into Cold Steel.

I would love to see you and your reactions on CS lmao. It will be glorioussssssssssss

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah i am interested in Omori this sale. If it goes down to 10 bucks i might pick it up

Honestly I'd still recommend it for 12 bucks.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

I would love to see you and your reactions on CS lmao. It will be glorioussssssssssss

I will check the pricing for the Cold Steel series.

60 BUCKS!?

Yeah, no. You'll have to dream that I hate it, Shimperser.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spells require fighting game inputs? Oh yeah, I was never going to be into this game.

You never require such spells. Not for traversal of the castle, nor combat. Although Soul Steal is strong, and Dark Metamorphosis is cool b/c it heals for every hit you land on an enemy that bleeds while it's in effect aka perfect for Vandal Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gahahahaha

Now that's an unfortunate misread.

Just last night I had watched a video on a medieval fig puree spread (also containing raisins, wine, and spices). The name? It's French, and it has the most awful name imaginable for use in English- rape. With a diacritic over the "e", although it is also sometimes spelled rapey. It's pronounced "rah-pay".

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

60 BUCKS!?

reminder: Sale tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, no. You'll have to dream that I hate it, Shimperser.

I know you will

You would most likely return it right at the start of the prologue dungeon lol

If you can't handle FE anime, and FE has gameplay you love, there's no way you can handle modern Trails anime kek which has gameplay you hate

Edited by Father Shrimpas