Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You never require such spells. Not for traversal of the castle, nor combat. Although Soul Steal is strong

Soul Steal? Oh yeah, that's right, I am Dracula's son in this game...

Dark Metamorphosis is cool b/c it heals for every hit you land on an enemy that bleeds while it's in effect aka perfect for Vandal Hearts.

Ahahahahah, oh if only.

Just last night I had watched a video on a medieval fig puree spread (also containing raisins, wine, and spices). The name? It's French, and it has the most awful name imaginable for use in English- rape. With a diacritic over the "e", although it is also sometimes spelled rapey. It's pronounced "rah-pay".

Oh yeah, rape. I've seen the word before in books. By "the word", I mean the word you're talking about, not... you know, the other word in the English language.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just last night I had watched a video on a medieval fig puree spread (also containing raisins, wine, and spices). The name? It's French, and it has the most awful name imaginable for use in English- rape. With a diacritic over the "e", although it is also sometimes spelled rapey. It's pronounced "rah-pay".

Huh... that's weird. Râpé means shredded, like for shredded carrots or cheese, we'd say fromage râpé and carottes râpées. Wouldn't think they'd give the same name for a fig spread. Then again, you only mentioned a diacritic over the e, so maybe it doesn't have the accennt over the a making it a different word.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Meanwhile in Crosscode, the tracking in a cave "follow this exact path" stuff is proving annoying.

Oh yeah, I just looked up the exact path.

Easily the worst part of the game tbh.

Heads up, a requirement for the true end is coming up soon. It's very hard to miss and even if you somehow do miss it, you can easily get it after beating the game (you can't do the DLC without it anyway).

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Dragon Age: Origins on Steam

Hope it'll be more stable for anyone else taking it on sale than it was for me UU My DAO on steam just crashed every like 20-30 mins. 

3 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Huh... that's weird. Râpé means shredded, like for shredded carrots or cheese, we'd say fromage râpé and carottes râpées. Wouldn't think they'd give the same name for a fig spread. Then again, you only mentioned a diacritic over the e, so maybe it doesn't have the accennt over the a making it a different word.

"Rapé" is also how we call "snuff" in Spanish. Which... is another potentially unfortunate misunderstanding. I mean snuff as in, the type of tobacco you sniff, as opposed to... you know, the videos.

Sheesh, what a topic...

YOOOO

iXcLFpL.png

I am good. Me. Rixia must be so proud.

Now you might be saying "But Sooks, why is the image faded white? I can barely read that!" The answer to that is that the game uses a fade to white to transition from the minigame results screen back to the main game, and in my excitement I almost forgot to take a screenshot. So this is the result.

However, I did mess up with the minigame itself. I assumed that the only reason to pick normal mode over easy mode was for bragging rights, and had been trying to unlock the achievement on easy the entire time. Apparently normal mode, while also upping the button count from two to four, pretty much doubles your points for literally everything, making the 4000 threshold so much easier to reach. I wonder how much time I would have saved if I had just done that from the beginning...

Also, use a controller you're familiar with. It's a lot harder to panic and press the wrong button on a controller you're familiar with (assuming you're using the face buttons) than with keys on a keyboard, so I hit every ghost first try when I decided to switch to a controller. I also wonder how much time I could have saved doing that from the beginning...

Either way, I spent an hour or so trying to unlock a random achievement. I acknowledged very early on into this endeavor that it was not worth it for the achievement, however, I also dd not want to acknowledge that I gave up, so this is the end result. Call it stubbornness or determination. I know what Rixia will be calling it.

24 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Next steam sale tomorrow huh

Omoriiii

Unfortunately, it looks like I did not get to try Cold Steel in time for this sale. Oh well.

21 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah i am interested in Omori this sale. If it goes down to 10 bucks i might pick it up

Good. Very good.

I don't know how likely it going below 10 bucks is since I don't even remember how much I bought it on sale for, but 10 bucks is better than 0 bucks.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I hate lowercase "m"s. In some fonts with certain words, I have to stop and to pause and make sure it's an "m" and not "rn".

Well, that is unfortunate.

But if Rixia were to be involved in such a minigame...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Rapé" is also how we call "snuff" in Spanish. Which... is another potentially unfortunate misunderstanding. I mean snuff as in, the type of tobacco you sniff, as opposed to... you know, the videos.

Sheesh, what a topic...

Same here. Why are you guys talking about that again?

10 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Hope it'll be more stable for anyone else taking it on sale than it was for me UU My DAO on steam just crashed every like 20-30 mins. 

There's a patch that fixes this problem.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sheesh, what a topic...

I didn't know there was sniffable tobacco actually, nor do I know what snuff videos are, but I guess ignorance is bliss on that subject. I think the only instance where I saw that word used was for "snuffing the life out of someone".

Looking a bit at the etymology, I saw it was used quite a bit for wine, but I couldn't find the root yet. I wonder why it appeared for such different usages in these different cultures. Maybe I'm just looking too far and a 4 letter word containing 2 vowels is just something that would commonly appear even if it weren't spread around.

16 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Or maybe the American who threw the word on YouTube vid simply didn't copy the "a" diacritic. Or maybe it's an older French spelling, not sure.

Considering the recipe does call for mashing the figs and raisins after boiling them (although the cook in question opted for a modern blender instead of the ancient mortar & pestle), I can see the "shredded" aspect in a sense.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I just looked up the exact path.

Easily the worst part of the game tbh.

Heads up, a requirement for the true end is coming up soon. It's very hard to miss and even if you somehow do miss it, you can easily get it after beating the game (you can't do the DLC without it anyway).

Thanks for the heads up!🙂

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

There's a patch that fixes this problem.

Oooh, I'll have to look into that if I pick it up again someday. For now, too many things on my plate to come back to it yet, but I really enjoyed it so I'm definitely not averse to it!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering the recipe does call for mashing the figs and raisins after boiling them (although the cook in question opted for a modern blender instead of the ancient mortar & pestle), I can see the "shredded" aspect in a sense.

Hmmm... I think it's about boiling the grapes actually. It seems it can also mean a certain drink made out of grapes you macerate in water, probably linking to all the wine definitions as well. Like, if they call it "un rapé de figues" then it would mean the fig spread has a macerated grape base or something. Probably.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thanks for the heads up!🙂

No prob.

Also just wanted to clarify about the whole "being able to do it after you beat the game" part. Basically RadFish realized that they could save the player (assuming they've beaten the game, regardless of ending) time by allowing them to skip to the end instead of making them do the final dungeon all over again. So if you do miss it, you don't lose any time really.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"This is one of my favorite games"

"Would not recommend"

Just now, Sooks said:

”You aren’t missing much”

“9.5/10”

Cosmo's opinion.gif

17 Ways Christian Grey And Batman Are Basically The Same Person - MTV

59 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Oooh, I'll have to look into that if I pick it up again someday. For now, too many things on my plate to come back to it yet, but I really enjoyed it so I'm definitely not averse to it!

Here's the patch

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233222451

Oh shit

Vandal Hearts II's protagonist is called Joshua.

And here I was thinking of trying it out after the first game...

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Same here. Why are you guys talking about that again?

You cannot blame me this time, for it was not I who started the conversation.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I don't know how likely it going below 10 bucks is since I don't even remember how much I bought it on sale for, but 10 bucks is better than 0 bucks.

It's not even expensive at all at base price. 16 bucks, for a game of Omori's caliber? A steal, I tell you.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"This is one of my favorite games"

"Would not recommend"

Lightcosmo is an IGN reviewer confirmed

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

t's not even expensive at all at base price. 16 bucks, for a game of Omori's caliber? A steal, I tell you

maybe, but unless a game is in my fav. series or something i never buy games at their full price

Basically only Ys & Fire Emblem atm. Trails used to be there as well, but not after i got CS 1/2 first day lol

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's not even expensive at all at base price. 16 bucks, for a game of Omori's caliber? A steal, I tell you.

Ah, yeah, true.

16 is also my favorite number, so it all makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And here I was thinking of trying it out after the first game...

Really, that's your reason?

Have you seen how it handles combat?

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

Grrrrrr

This person makes me angry.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

maybe, but unless a game is in my fav. series or something i never buy games at their full price

Basically only Ys & Fire Emblem atm. Trails used to be there as well, but not after i got CS 1/2 first day lol

Damn you, Shrimpy. You would buy animes at full price but not Omori? Do it! DO IT!!!

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Really, that's your reason?

Have you seen how it handles combat?

I have. I am curious to experience how it plays for myself.