• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

This is what i dislike most about CS III's combat:

42875cc7d8e45a053de092c1df75c449.jpg

anyone who's played CS III can probably tell how this battle is gonna play out in the current scenario, and it's sad that the result is so obvious considering the enemy HP isn't even that low overall, but i can guarantee this situation is a free win. Its dumb that it's setup like that, haha.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

btw @Eltosian Kadath, I would just like to forewarn you about a wildly cringe minigame unlocked in Ch. 5. It's... Uh...

Well, at least it's thematically relevant.

I smell hostesses, or trangender/crossdressing people. Something that can't possibly be handled with tact in a typical video game. Not to say the game meant to do bad, only that it reflects the misconceptions of the general society at large from which it came.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sooks, I get that romance is tough, but if your idea of a date is to ride the same roller coaster for an hour, you may have a tough time.

I swear I remember seeing something on TV once long ago that was talking about commercials from around the world. One advertisement, from France, featured a woman telling her friend some kind of fake story she was making up to explain something she didn't actually understand IIRC. I believe the story involved a man and a goat that got stuck atop a roller coaster's tracks in a tent. Night came, the tent glowed from inside, and silhouettes of the goat seductively over the man could be seen.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and Gilliam recognizes it.

smh Kamen Rider isn't in this for that Compati Heroes reunion...

The demand for Kamen Rider is only going to grow after this, or spawn a lot of it out of nothing if there wasn't any there already.

It'll be later than was ideal, and possibly without Gilliam if they don't want to throw in the Gespenst again which is why they brainwash him or something back into the XN Geist for a DLC boss, but I can see them having the complete Compati trinity in another game in the near future. 

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You're basically an adult while in College, so that likely makes it not have much of an appeal.

True, and it's more possible in college to be yourself, forgetting about the opinions of others. High school has stronger ties forcing bonds, being that you can't choose it and there is a much smaller, more daily student body, in a smaller area.

Nonetheless, college does have some viability, as not everyone has figured out life in the few months that pass from high senior to college freshman. Thats why I see potential there.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Wait… that’s it? That was so easy… 44 turns, first try. Huh? I mean, I’m sure it was challenging initially but… then they gave the player access to the burst function. Then all the challenge was gone.

I converted all that sepith to money to buy all those items and only used two of them, and even then, those two were dishes I cooked…

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I tried to make a clever joke about bobs in response to this, but it didn't work.

...I don't know why I felt the need to inform you of this.

Is it because I brought Rixia to the horror coaster, and you know what they say about Rixia?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

anyone who's played CS III can probably tell how this battle is gonna play out in the current scenario, and it's sad that the result is so obvious considering the enemy HP isn't even that low overall, but i can guarantee this situation is a free win. Its dumb that it's setup like that, haha.

Why is Rean’s hair white? Is this the blanco Shrimpy has been referring to?

Just now, Sooks said:

Why is Rean’s hair white? Is this the blanco Shrimpy has been referring to?

One of his crafts, gives him buffs plus status immunity for three turns. And it buffs his other crafts too insanity.

University was the most fun time of my life tbh

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Yuuuup

All CS games are like that tbh

Just now, Sooks said:

That was so easy…

...not the battle i am thinking abojt then. Was there any ...special gimmick?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Why is Rean’s hair white?

One of his many super powers

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I swear I remember seeing something on TV once long ago that was talking about commercials from around the world. One advertisement, from France, featured a woman telling her friend some kind of fake story she was making up to explain something she didn't actually understand IIRC. I believe the story involved a man and a goat that stuck atop a roller coaster's tracks in a tent, night came, the tent glowed from inside, and silhouettes of the goat seductively over the man could be seen.

The demand for Kamen Rider is only going to grow after this, or spawn a lot of it out of nothing if there wasn't any there already.

It'll be later than was ideal, and possibly without Gilliam if they don't want to throw in the Gespenst again which is why they brainwash him or something back into the XN Geist for a DLC boss, but I can see them having the complete Compati trinity in another game in the near future. 

Was the man Aberforth Dumbledore?

Oh yes, we might totally see Kamen Rider eventually.

Well, considering this recurring plotline of the DBD's with people ending in the 30 world, if it gets an expansion plotline like T did, perhaps they can add a surprise or two there, heh. Since it'd not be part of the current DLC leaked list we have...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

smell hostesses, or trangender/crossdressing people. Something that can't possibly be handled with tact in a typical video game.

All things considered, the series can generally do a lot worse in terms of handling crossdressers. It could do way better for sure, but it's not horrid.

Women do tend to be dealt a rather bad hand in the series, though modern entries are improving.

The worst part about the minigame is that, even after the shock wears off, it's just a truly terrible minigame.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is it because I brought Rixia to the horror coaster, and you know what they say about Rixia?

Yes.

I was gonna say something like "This is the mentality that leads to asking to see bobs on the orbal net", but I didn't know if it was clever.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...not the battle i am thinking abojt then. Was there any ...special gimmick?

You need to win in 70 turns to get max DP? Otherwise, no.

Spoiler

It was against Shirley, a robot cat thing and two Red Constellation generics, right outside of Mainz after the group rushes to get Randy back. I’m pretty sure it’s the boss fight of chapter 3.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

The worst part about the minigame is that, even after the shock wears off, it's just a truly terrible minigame.

Truly the biggest horror of all.

At least it’s (presumably) not a forced bad mini game, so it could be worse. Thanks, Twilight Princess.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes.

I was gonna say something like "This is the mentality that leads to asking to see bobs on the orbal net", but I didn't know if it was clever.

I do think that is pretty clever, yes. But you’ll need to do a little better than that if you hope to compete with me in romance!

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Oh that one was ok

You are closing on the one i mean tho

You will see what i mean by special gimmick

It's very obvious

My second guess was the gimmick was chainsaw rifle. Can we talk about that for a second? Her gun is a chainsaw. Do you have any idea how cool that is?

Okay, we’ll see then.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At least it’s (presumably) not a forced bad mini game, so it could be worse

It's not forced, fortunately.

Thanks, Twilight Princess.

Wait, which one did TP force? I can't quite remember.

do think that is pretty clever, yes. But you’ll need to do a little better than that if you hope to compete with me in romance!

I shall someday strive to match you on the Trail to romance, master.

My second guess was the gimmick was chainsaw rifle

Gimmick is more gameplay related and something the series has never done before with the battle system....

Something that utterly doesn't fit the battle system, and although makes the battle hard, makes cheesing the "continue despite not winning" objective very easy.

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, which one did TP force? I can't quite remember.

Fishing.

With motion controls (that aren’t properly explained (or explained at all iirc))!

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Gimmick is more gameplay related and something the series has never done before with the battle system....

Something that utterly doesn't fit the battle system, and although makes the battle hard, makes cheesing the "continue despite not winning" objective very easy.

But the continue despite not winning objective has always been cheesable, that’s kind of the whole point of if.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But the continue despite not winning objective has always been cheesable, that’s kind of the whole point of if.

Well

You get full DP if you win

You still get extra DP if you don't win but don't lose iirc

You will see

It's a weird gimmick

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Fishing.

6IlrD2d.png

Oh lord almighty, how'd I ever forget. I will defend motion controls to the death, but... Not those ones.

At least the Fishing Hole isn't forced, though I did spend a lot of time there while I was waiting for night to fall so I could hunt poes. The music and atmosphere is so nice, then you get the workout of a lifetime the moment one of those little blighters bite the line and you reel.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

don't win but don't lose

Ah, so it’s one of those.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

6IlrD2d.png

Oh lord almighty, how'd I ever forget. I will defend motion controls to the death, but... Not those ones.

At least the Fishing Hole isn't forced, though I did spend a lot of time there while I was waiting for night to fall so I could hunt poes. The music and atmosphere is so nice, then you get the workout of a lifetime the moment one of those little blighters bite the line and you reel.

Hey, fishing mini games can be done well! See: Stardew Valley.

Hey, fishing mini games can be done well! See: Stardew Valley.

Y'know, after the pain of glitching TP and searching for a poe that didn't exist for several days in a row... There was just something cathartic about that anaerobic fishing minigame.

But I shall take your word for it. They probably wouldn't be a staple otherwise!

Edited by Benice

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is fun....when you're playing as Maria (review)

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is about a young girl named Maria Bernard on her quest to rescue her friends from Dracula's clutches and-wait what? It's about Richter Belmont rescuing his girlfriend and other maidens from Dracula's clutches? Ah well you see, there's one slight issue with that. Richter controls like garbage. Slow, clunky, attacks barely hit. Which is why you do the smart thing: rescue Maria and then play the rest of the game as her. Maria actually controls well, her attacks hit and she's got added mobility that make the game infinitely more fun. It's also just really funny seeing all these horrors from the dark being defeated by a little girl.

As far as the game's difficulty goes, it's bullshit when you're playing as Richter cause he sucks but it's actually fair and balanced when you're playing as Maria. The levels are nice and short so even though this game has cringe knockback damage and game-overs force you to do the level all over again, it's never really an issue since you can quickly get back to where you were.....provided you're playing as Maria. Feels like that girl was made for speedrunning tbh. Also i wanna give a shoutout to the music, it is very based.

I played this game through the Requiem port that i bought for $5. It's decent action platformer.....as long as you're playing as Maria. Oh and maybe look up a guide if you want everything, some of it can be cyrptic.

7/10

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you've whipped through Rondo of Blood? Old-fashioned arcadey platformers can be like that, capable of being finished in one sitting.

Yep. It also helps that i had today off.

38 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

University was the most fun time of my life tbh

You also weren't in it when a worldwide pandemic hit.

Pain.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Stardew Valley fishing... well?

Data Laughing Tng GIF - Data Laughing TNG Star Trek - Descubre & Comparte  GIFs

Not with that "fill bar by keeping the fish within your lure's zone but it drains when its not"...

Really? I found it fun, I did it a looooooot in my play through.

I found the whole game fun, though. Maybe I should start a new save at some point, getting back to my old one proved impossible since I had no idea what I was working on before.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Y'know, after the pain of glitching TP and searching for a poe that didn't exist for several days in a row... There was just something cathartic about that anaerobic fishing minigame.

But I shall take your word for it. They probably wouldn't be a staple otherwise!

Tbf, Stardew’s is the only one I’d consider good. Trails’ is okay since literally all you have to do is press one button at the right time, pretty much all of the luck aspect can be removed through keeping track of stuff in the fishing notebook or with a guide but y’know.

That’s only fishing on its own in Trails, though. Sky 3rd’s Angler’s duels… no thank you.