• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

All right Ruben, now is the perfect time to deploy the garden shears rant against Lorneus.

Oooh, I wonder what that is. Seems like quite the memorable rant as you've already mentioned it twice. I'll be ready out here!

Huh, so turns out Elliot is not the worst character ever written.

Careful though, Elliot…

Spoiler

Being the younger brother of a female pianist who wants to play with her with his violin doesn’t always end well…

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

The Golden Ending

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:
  Hide contents

I've always said Polly was the most competent adult in the hooligan world. That's the best outcome honestly.

I mean

Spoiler

She let the deeply depressed Basil keep a pair of sharp gardening shears in his room unsupervised. Shears that he uses to either commit suicide or gouge his friend's eye out. Sooo that was a goof.

Still, she's certainly the best of the adults. At least she tries, you know.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All right Ruben, now is the perfect time to deploy the garden shears rant against Lorneus.

You happy now?

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Eh, it's an okay theme, but it doesn't hold a candle to 

Hide contents

I'm sorry, but this is best battle theme in the entire game to me, even if it's entirely missable and random. 

Teehee though.

Hikikomori route hides some tunes.

But good ending route compensates with violin.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Polly Jenkins | Wiki | Phoenix Wright Amino

Don't forget DL6!

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Oooh, I wonder what that is. Seems like quite the memorable rant as you've already mentioned it twice. I'll be ready out here!

To be quite honest, I don't get why Sooks finds that so remarkable. I really don't think it was such an unreasonable thing to comment on lol

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, I'm reaching the end the scene I'm currently writing. I could make the chapter as finished, even if word count it'd be far shorter than the preceding chapters. Or, I could adapt what would've been the next chapter (which would also be of comparable length, thus much shorter than the previous ones) and merge the two into one. Hmm...

I vote for merging them

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But good ending route compensates with violin.

TRUE

That and

To be quite honest, I don't get why Sooks finds that so remarkable. I really don't think it was such an unreasonable thing to comment on lol

I don’t either, I’ve just had two really easy chances to bring it up.

Reveal hidden contents

She let the deeply depressed Basil keep a pair of sharp gardening shears in his room unsupervised. Shears that he uses to either commit suicide or gouge his friend's eye out. Sooo that was a goof.

Still, she's certainly the best of the adults. At least she tries, you know.

Ah, yeah, that's fair.

Spoiler

I think she only thinks him a loner, and he is like 15/16 years old, who takes care of plants and the like, so it's not completely unthinkable to allow him these tools in his room, but it is a lapse in judgement as in she could think further as to why he's so shut off and what that could induce. But yeah, she's definitely not the perfect adult. She's just the best of the bunch and at least competent in the care department. 

Spoiler

When you see enough stories of adults leaving stuff like guns where kids have taken them and... tragedies have happened, I'd say that's sadly par for the course.

Wait… that’s it? The whole Laura/Fie thing is the dumbest thing… and don’t tell me this is when Fie is supposed to be a good character? I don’t care about any of this.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait… that’s it? The whole Laura/Fie thing is the dumbest thing… and don’t tell me this is when Fie is supposed to be a good character? I don’t care about any of this.

nope lol

The character interactions in this game in general are a damn joke, and are all shitty

no exceptions

They only interact with Rean

they are only suppossed to love Rean

They only exist to be Rean's slave

They only exist to suck Rean's dick

Only Millium and Jusis escape the Rean dick sucking field

Edited by Shrimpresident

So Rean refused to be in the active party, only for the only battle afterward to be one wheee he wouldn’t have been playable regardless, and then becomes playable again?? What was the point of any of this?

3 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Well, Banner Saga has interesting gameplay

It was so interesting I dropped it.

Wish I didn't tho, I was intrigued by everything else. But alas.

Also I really prefer my SRPGs to have the traditional player phase, enemy phase deal. 

3 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Or maybe you just wanted to take the occasion to spark a fight? XP

The universe decrees an eternal war against Ruben.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Being the younger brother of a female pianist who wants to play with her with his violin doesn’t always end well…

Is this a reference to something I don't get?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this a reference to something I don't get?

Yes. Omori.

Spoiler

That was essentially the spark that caused all of the depression the game is known for.

Cold Steel is becoming enough of a drag that I’m considering playing a second game alongside it, but I’m afraid that if I do that, I’ll just drop the game and never be motivated enough to pick it back up.

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

HYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just watched some reactions to this and everyone went HYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUU and I AM KYOUMA with him xD

Anime Daru looks horrible.

Holy shit he looks so weird. Why does he look so weird? Is this the fabled moment where I take a point off the anime...?

1 hour ago, Lorneus said:

Ah, yeah, that's fair.

Hide contents

I think she only thinks him a loner, and he is like 15/16 years old, who takes care of plants and the like, so it's not completely unthinkable to allow him these tools in his room, but it is a lapse in judgement as in she could think further as to why he's so shut off and what that could induce. But yeah, she's definitely not the perfect adult. She's just the best of the bunch and at least competent in the care department. 

Yes, this is undeniable. At least she cares, unlike the rest of the adults, who either don't exist or barely exist and are of minimal help when they do.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also I really prefer my SRPGs to have the traditional player phase, enemy phase deal. 

You might like Vandal Hearts 1. It's ultra straightforward in every single aspect.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The universe decrees an eternal war against Ruben.

We had established that a long time ago, but it doesn't hurt to remind ourselves of it.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Cold Steel is becoming enough of a drag that I’m considering playing a second game alongside it, but I’m afraid that if I do that, I’ll just drop the game and never be motivated enough to pick it back up.

Hey I've got a strategy game for you, and this one doesn't require emulating PS2. Instead, it requires emulating PS1, which is a lot easier on the hardware.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

+100 support points with Shrimpy

Shrimpy is having a good time now. Between Cosmo and Sooks, he no longer has to cast his lot with the guy who angrily yells at Best Romance In All Of Fiction Can't Be Beat Ever Now And Forever, Estelle and the arrogant douchebag.

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

42_1.jpg

This is so dumb lmao.

You're going to reach peak Jojo(lion) soon™

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey I've got a strategy game for you, and this one doesn't require emulating PS2. Instead, it requires emulating PS1, which is a lot easier on the hardware.

I don’t get it. Is Vandal Hearts 2 a PS1 game?