Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Not at all, telling someone about something you feel they might enjoy and then regretting it? That's silly. My total playtime for the Trails series is above 500 hours total, and most of them being Sky (If i'm being honest) still makes me happy to play and continue enjoy playing it, that won't change. You've done nothing but try to help others, that's something to admire, if anything.

ty o7!

Still, i have been running away from Trails wars and then i brought them here directly lol

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i'm......not too sure how to feel about it myself tbh. Like i guess it makes sense and i guess it could've been a lot worse but idk, it didn't have the impact that it should've.

Yeah

i was Omega hyped

then....

Alien Machine lol

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kurisu looks great though.

that's not Kurisu lol

It's beta remember

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

ike i've been thinking about this but with the even gender ratio of the party, there is a possibility we might be seeing romance between all the characters

YES PLEASE

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wow, Kurisu looks great though. Probably the only character whose design I like better in this game, of the ones I've seen in your screenshots.

Spoiler

Is that supposed to be a joke?

21 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Still, i have been running away from Trails wars and then i brought them here directly lol

But I formed that opinion on my own, wasn't your doing at all. So dont feel guilty at all!

Edited by lightcosmo

42 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

that's not Kurisu lol

It's beta remember

Oh.

Well, the resemblance is uncanny. I imagine intentionally so.

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Is that supposed to be a joke?

I'm afraid not. Hey, can you really blame me?

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Ah, interesting! Some of the character designs put me in mind of North and West African cultures. Curious if that's what they were going for.

Man I would love to create a Fire Emblem game like this. It's sounds like it would be so fun just to create characters, design maps, so on and so fourth.

*Spends the day not playing video games b/c my mind is distracted by *ahem* fantasies about video games.*

This is the kind of stuff I'm going to regret doing as soon as my mood takes another downturn as a sign of how just plain sad and unpitiable I am, but c'est la vie.😆

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Medium tanks are better off defensively from what I saw so .

Depends. Usually I integrated at least one Mid Tank into my ranks during any Days of Ruin battle, where I tended most often to load my CO (unless Greyfield, Tasha, Waylon, or Gage) for the ideal unit betwixt the regular Tank and the War Tank in terms of mobility and firepower. And even in pre-DoR, their extra damage and durability is handy and works against everything that isn't a Mega Tank. Cost-wise the deflated economy of Wargroove made it feel like I could hardly save cash for Golems on Normal difficulty, whereas AW usually gave me enough funds to save up for a Mid without losing ground on the frontline. -So was my personal experience.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

My real concern with Knights is how effective they are to maximise their crit rate.

The whole "must use up every point of move before attacking" to maximize their damage was too easy? Au contraire, I felt it was rather tricky to work around.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Interesting noting the meta that formed in AW around the Tank < Copter < AntiAir and how that shapes combat there.

Ah yes, the meta I know so well.

Although, usually I ditched the Copters, particularly in DoR, where B Copters felt too flimsy against machine guns and the addition of Dusters gave them another threat to worry about. Unless the map practically demanded an aerial offensive, I tended to limit myself to T Copters, which were nonetheless enough to trick the AI into building a Fighter, a total waste of 20k. Tanks are about good against fellow tanks as B Copters, and unless the terrain was too dense or mountainous, I stuck to fighting fire with fire. Where are my Tundran Gunships? -The helicopters of legend!

Wargroove's Knight < Harpy < Mage metagame was somewhat more balanced. Although Mages might be the strongest of the three in this case, and Harpies the second place. And either way, Archers provided a nice cheap ranged mobile unit with some efficacy against all three.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

YES PLEASE

Someone is enthusiastic.

I smell on your breath the strong odor of exasperation at RPGs and VNs where the main character is the only one whom anyone is attracted to. Am I wrong?

I don't blame you, I'm just saying I don't feel the need for ships for the sake of spooning up every hero & heroine. Sometimes, the chemistry is a 6th grade science experiment when you try doing this.

Dread vent.

Spoiler

WHY.

WHY DOES THE X-CHOZO DEAL OVER 200 DAMAGE PER HIT?

I finally got the Power Bomb, just mad.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The whole "must use up every point of move before attacking" to maximize their damage was too easy? Au contraire, I felt it was rather tricky to work around.

I said I found it a concern.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wargroove's Knight < Harpy < Mage metagame was somewhat more balanced. Although Mages might be the strongest of the three in this case, and Harpies the second place. And either way, Archers provided a nice cheap ranged mobile unit with some efficacy against all three.

It's funny how much terrain can alter this, like in mountains harpies get crits but so do the enchanters and knights can't get a look in, or how little ships integrate into land battles barring the warship, which I think have less range than Battlships if I recall correctly.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's funny how much terrain can alter this, like in mountains harpies get crits but so do the enchanters and knights can't get a look in, or how little ships integrate into land battles barring the warship, which I think have less range than Battlships if I recall correctly.

The critical hit system was a nice idea. Some were a tad too easy to trigger maybe, but good.

As for Warships... I think they were 2-4, as opposed to the 2-6 & immobile ones of pre-DoR AW and the 3-5 but attack & move DoR Battleships. Regardless, Wargroove did have superior naval warfare, the slashing of unit prices and the addition of Amphibians did it a lot of good. My one gripe is that the commanders were restricted to land, no groove powers at sea or over heavy terrain left those fights totally vanilla. You should've been able to convert the commander's unit type at the relevant production facility (with a corresponding strengths-weaknesses adjustment, so air commanders would be vulnerable to Mages and Witches).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I smell on your breath the strong odor of exasperation at RPGs and VNs where the main character is the only one whom anyone is attracted to. Am I wrong?

yes, although more RPGs then VNs since in VNs different routes could mean former heroines can be your enemy, for example. (Although we could use more non-MC bound heroines there as well, but not as bad as rpgs)

Steins;Gate 0 theory crafting, spoilers-ish

Spoiler

1. Kagari is very obviously connected to Kurisu. At first I thought it was a coincidence, since their only similarity was hair color, but silly me, hair color defines your entire bloodline in anime.

2. The girl in the motorcycle suit is either not the same person across worldlines/routes, Kagari from some point in her future, up to more time travels shenanigans, independent of the ones currently going on with her, or Yuki (which I don’t really have an explanation for, but c’mon game, you can’t have her pull the classic “oh no! I have to leave for a very vague reason right before the plot begins!” and then introduce a masked villain and it not be extremely suspicious).

Time to give CS IV another go... With a twist, im nerfing BO's, AoE of any craft, raising enemy stats (no more copy paste), axing CB, etc. See how much more challenging the game is that way. Also, I can skip all scenes, so no ranting!

You know a scene will be good when the first sentence is “[character name] was sad”.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

How're you enjoying 0 so far @Sooks?

I kinda stopped for a little bit because, due to the structure of the extremely early route split that still seems to serve zero purpose, you essentially have to go through the “characters and set up” twice, which kind of kills the pacing, but stuff seems to be happening again, so it’s good again.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

just ctrl skip until trigger/different text

But that’s the problem, it’s all different text across routes. Nothing that happens is identical, but a lot of events are incredibly similar with minor differences for no reason. And they just replaced the character/low stakes moments with completely different ones, so it’s not that it’s being repeated that’s the problem, it just feels like there’s too much of it as a result.