Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The end is near.

o7

For me, it's the console of 3D pokemon (for good or ill), Zelda old and new, nice online stuff through My Nintendo (those Zelda discounts were nice, some other games in the library would only have happened that way), a legit release for RH and my first contact with Shantae as a series. And modern FE (For good and ill).

Hopefully Samus Returns and Shantae somehow get sales, doubtful as that is

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

For me, it's the console of 3D pokemon

Speaking of, this cutoffs of Gen 6 and onwards from the rest of the series. Once the 3DS eShop goes down, it'll be impossible for new players to transfer their Pokemon over to the 3DS era.

My Pokemon will remain trapped in Gen 7 forever.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hopefully Samus Returns and Shantae somehow get sales, doubtful as that is

Samus Returns popped off during Dread hype at least.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of, this cutoffs of Gen 6 and onwards from the rest of the series. Once the 3DS eShop goes down, it'll be impossible for new players to transfer their Pokemon over to the 3DS era.

My Pokemon will remain trapped in Gen 7 forever.

I wonder.

It does say purchases, but is that the same as downloading apps you had before or accessing the transfer or bank apps? I'd bet no (Which is conformed). I think it'll likely happen but later down the line. Though apparently Bank won't allow purchases after March, so Mar 2024 is the absolute end-

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh wait nvm

Wat.

I should be suspicious. But it says free to use.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Samus Returns popped off during Dread hype at least.

There's a year for that, I hope it'll happen.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Finally, the chance to transfer stuff from my X game to my Y game at last!

lol

They're only shutting down the buying capabilities of the eShop, not the rest of the online features and services (yet), so it makes sense they'd just make Bank free.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

THE ESHOP SHUTTING DOWN MEANS FE FATES REVELATION IS BEING DELETED LMAOOOOOOO

Fates Special Edition cartridges gonna shoot up in price.

....Except in Japan where Rev wasn't on them at release.

It's deleting Apotheosis and Future Past. Heirs of Fate and Elincia's Gambit. Cipher and Astral shards. The eShop is going to die and piracy will rise in the medium term. And just like with the previous titles we'll see what games people want in particular.

...Well, that one surprised me more than it should.

FLr652eVcAUgI8G?format=jpg&name=medium

There isn't enough data on my Wii U for Nintendo to compile lmao.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's deleting Apotheosis and Future Past. Heirs of Fate and Elincia's Gambit. Cipher and Astral shards. The eShop is going to die and piracy will rise in the medium term. And just like with the previous titles we'll see what games people want in particular.

It's honestly just now hitting me how much we're losing legitimately. This was the era Nintendo started doing DLC, a lot of content is going to get lost.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U are losing their DLC as well; of course every DLC character is in Ultimate, but you're out of luck if you want to 100% those games after the deadline (or, say, get every trophy).

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice are also stuck on the 3DS (and mobile devices), so hopefully Capcom will port them to other consoles at some point.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

OH BRUH LMAOOOOO

THE ESHOP SHUTTING DOWN MEANS FE FATES REVELATION IS BEING DELETED LMAOOOOOOO

Fates Special Edition cartridges gonna shoot up in price.

Technically every version of Fates is being deleted unless you get it physically, so good luck looking for a used copy.

Edited by Lightchao42

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aren't those free? They can likely keep them there still free for download. You will still be able to redownload anything you own.

Yeah they are, i'm just saying for when the eShop goes down.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah they are, i'm just saying for when the eShop goes down.

Considering Pokémon Bank will remain and made free to boot, I'm sure they can find a way to keep the packs still downloadable. After all, anything one owns already will remain for redownload, so it's not like they're taking down everything.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering Pokémon Bank will remain and made free to boot, I'm sure they can find a way to keep the packs still downloadable. After all, anything one owns already will remain for redownload, so it's not like they're taking down everything.

Yeah i was talking about new players tho.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i was talking about new players tho.

It's like I said. The packs can remain for download to new players. Since data will remain for redownload, it stands to reason they can do the same to the XCX packs, and if they can be redownloaded, then they can be downloaded for the first time as well.

Video games are as ephemeral as life itself, that is the lesson here. Physical is better, but eventually, discs and cartridges wear away, consoles break down. Hopefully all the DLCs and updates and whatnot can be found and preserved by pirates. They deserve praise for keeping many a game preserved for posterity in odd corners of the Internet. That shouldn't be their job, but in the absence of a global video game archive, it's the best we can do.

I half-feel like listening to some sad video game tracks right now. My 3DS is within arm's reach at this very moment. I need to give it a play tomorrow, and avoid damaging it with a few of the tears that come from humanity's painful recognition of impermanence as it nonetheless clings to the impermanent. And while I'm at it, maybe I should head into the basement and turn on the old GameCube again and replay what was once Nintendo's greatest crossover, now that's a fossil. I need to sell that thing, it's unhealthy holding on to the perishable for so long.

Dammit, video games are supposed to make me feel eternal, not remind me of transience.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's like I said. The packs can remain for download to new players.

So apparently while Pokebank can be soon used for free, actual new downloads of it will still be off the table once the plug is pulled. So i assume the same is gonna happen for the XCX data packs.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Darn it...

How dare they not keep up a virtual shop for 10 year old consoles that they no longer support or sell.

Right near my Birthday too, the nerve of them.

Seriously though, that sucks. Nintendo really doesn't value it's legacy content as much as the fans do. Far too focused on what's new.

Makes me hope Fates gets ported to the Switch in some way. Locking regular DLC is one thing, but Revelations seems a bit too important to Fates as a whole to get rid of and only have the first two paths.