Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

800 hours on Awakening, Jesus Christ I thought only I could spend so much time on that game.

Note that the first file on it was over 300 of those and that's ignoring resets. I grinded that file into paste.

It was pretty much my only game on the 3DS for the first 3-4 months and even after that I played a fair bit. Then in 2016 the DLC got a pretty big discount and that added more time. I'd like to see how it looked after the last two years as well, which were not put in these stats.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh shit it's @Saint Rubenio's birthday. Happy birthday man! Here's to another year of disagreeing on video games.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/26/0a/vFUVoGJQ_o.png

Did not expect you to have played Splatoon.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I am amazed that Hyrule Warriors bested Xenoblade Chronicles X however

Maybe the replay value of Hyrule Warriors pushed it over the edge?

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Despite officially being Reiji's senior coworker, he will spank the insubordination of her if necessary.

She enjoys it tho so it's hard to tell when she's slacking off for real and when she's slacking off because she wants to get spanked.

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think it's more likely that 18 is the age when people get drafted into the army.

That's the most likely scenario. 

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Note that the first file on it was over 300 of those and that's ignoring resets. I grinded that file into paste.

It was pretty much my only game on the 3DS for the first 3-4 months and even after that I played a fair bit. Then in 2016 the DLC got a pretty big discount and that added more time. I'd like to see how it looked after the last two years as well, which were not put in these stats.

Oh they weren't huh? That makes a lot of sense. I knew something was up with these statistics.

Were it to show today I'm sure Awakening would be the highest for me. Awakening is like my comfort game, anytime I'm feeling stressed or down I just grind away in Awakening.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Maybe the replay value of Hyrule Warriors pushed it over the edge?

There is that, it is easier to pick up and play a quick session of HW than XCX.

Although Hyrule Warriors, even in its pre-3DS/Switch version, has a ton of content with just the Wii U DLC purchased, maybe too much (and level 255 as the level cap was really unnecessary, 100 would've been enough). Since besides the short story mode, you've 5 big Adventure Mode maps, each consisting of dozens of squares, each square representing one battle. Any repeating of battles you do for better ranks or grinding weapons, levels, or rupees adds yet more time investment. And then if you hate yourself, you'll play Ganon's Fury to completion, and then Cucco's Fury if you want Sisyphean suffering (proof you do not need leveling in every game). The 3DS/Switch version would extend this with a few more story mode battles, and another five Adventure Mode maps.

For all its little faults- Giant Bosses, an overreliance on Weak Point Smashes in general, damage rankings are harsh, a bit too much grind, it needed a few more battlefields (no Clock Town is a sin), the game was just too good to me. A true celebration of the entire Legend of Zelda franchise, with a rockin' OST.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Seeing Hyrule Warriors and I'm like, "Why do we still only have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf as LoZ representatives in Smash again?"

Pokemon and Fire Emblem get away with "Flavor of the Month", Mario gets away "Why not another character for the heck of it?", Zelda gets away with... nothing! It is held to the higher standard of "just the timeless core", as if it's a Nintendo franchise at the same level as Kirby and Metroid (although TBF to Kirby, it might be more popular in Japan than Zeruda). LoZ had to settle with the -mostly cosmetic- tweak of making each character represent a different era of the franchise in Ultimate. 

Everyone in HW is some kind of fun to use, there is admittedly a spectrum from Master Sword/Volga OP to Rapier/Giant Sword/Summoning Gate weak, but nothing is out & out bad. 

Did Okabe just casually let information about the time machine slip to two people he absolutely does not want to know, including a known Rounder who he knows will capture and/or kill anyone with that information? I think he’s slowly regressing to Kyouma.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pokemon and Fire Emblem get away with "Flavor of the Month", Mario gets away "Why not another character for the heck of it?", Zelda gets away with... nothing! It is held to the higher standard of "just the timeless core", as if it's a Nintendo franchise at the same level as Kirby and Metroid (although TBF to Kirby, it might be more popular in Japan than Zeruda). LoZ had to settle with the -mostly cosmetic- tweak of making each character represent a different era of the franchise in Ultimate. 

Everyone in HW is some kind of fun to use, there is admittedly a spectrum from Master Sword/Volga OP to Rapier/Giant Sword/Summoning Gate weak, but nothing is out & out bad. 

Design tweaks and that basically all new additions are just a different kind of Link/Zelda. Next Smash will give us humanoid pig/moblin Ganon as playable, wielding his trident, just watch.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Design tweaks and that basically all new additions are just a different kind of Link/Zelda. Next Smash will give us humanoid pig/moblin Ganon as playable, wielding his trident, just watch.

I wouldn't say no to that. And HW was so nice as to seemingly answer fan desires when it added the Trident in the 3DS HW port (we've been in need of a polearm user in Smash for a while).

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't say no to that. And HW was so nice as to seemingly answer fan desires when it added the Trident in the 3DS HW port (we've been in need of a polearm user in Smash for a while).

While I wouldn't also mind Ganon as an addition, if it's about LoZ character with a polearm, I'd take Mipha so it's not just from the core Trio again...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, time to explore the Dragon Shrine.

I like Celica's narration of the place implies this leads to their analogue of the River Styx. Fitting place to have one of the Resurrection Springs then, though...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ahaha, I recently was in a conversation with someone about the possibility of Al and company getting into FEH... and boom, Binding Blade Banner. Not of Al and company, but eh, funny timing.

It has been taking a lot of effort to find names from the Tee Hee Board. No really, if any of you have someone to suggest I name a Pokemon after please do.

AM-JKLXFOF7bqf4FX_rwjuvdGMJWkV6DO8FnGZXc

Now to check out this city so I can access the Safari Zone.

AM-JKLX8sZFylH47RTcjZ6Nsd0B9yDth3Til57tv

Thanks for the tip kid, now time to grab that PokeBlock case.

AM-JKLWg4E1nZ10AO1AjaXnpbanCf8fXYL78T8jU

No, I don't. Now give it too me.

AM-JKLUiaLnxm1z6HxE0tesD42V1x42SuBQYwocL

Thank you. Now I could jump straight to the Safari Zone, but I might as well explore what there is to see in this city, while I am here.

AM-JKLXOVAlRB_cSPNFXlqUmsbdvbBNpf0gQhMnv

This sad little space if for all those lonely people that have no one to play with, that way they can pretend to do multiplayer with computers to make better Pokeblocks.

AM-JKLWXJB7ssm5ALkSaZ_8oshu-LDTvV5SvQ7g4

I really respect that they gave this dialogue to a macho karate guy.

AM-JKLV8LkCA0rbp6OWhPju--mtHzFKD7SgyPnbY

They really go all in on this PokeBlock multiplayer thing

AM-JKLXlcRQibJexEgu4zjonBNn5HMC2IvFsP0Dv

Quadruplets...that is intense.

AM-JKLXRztEdBevwJCaAOVHkKsrd2ymS0K1rvHbF

Stolen Pokemon...this is usually a bigger thing with the villainous teams, but I don't remember it being as big with the Gen 3 ones. I guess there was the Peeko kidnapping before, but...

AM-JKLUADEhvUweqzzmIq5Qt0MJQdC5yNoXRyOi7

SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO STOLE THEM. Did either of them do this theft? Was there a theft at all? Did they simply run away?

AM-JKLUqOthBwtkXGVU-bkqTdera0Z4HQblK9JBqAM-JKLUNnbjlqV9G3Ncy9rzSlc4RA7GFWDV3QBPt

Now that is a tacky tag line.

AM-JKLXfbD51yHqeunjACEJ4vCGn1AcHwbP0I8j_

This is a cute little interact, in the event that you go in front of the TV.

AM-JKLUy1q8OsplO9QsCc3ywcNMMLANk2MB2zQzM

What Pokemon would work well as a mascot. A Liligant would fit well with the tacky motto, but Liligant wasn't added until Ge 5...

AM-JKLUts0qrB44F4dCZmp-PPGRzKcJqSGxvfYMV

Seems the villains have led to an economic down turn in the area.

AM-JKLW3bKspYK9XQC2kU143rAsqQTxHuBVTLuHW

Although it didn't keep Scott from staying at the Inn

AM-JKLXQHdMYTzjLnYaIGywi6GnYNVfRM1R4vhL8

On no, he was sleeping...Now I have become the creep.

AM-JKLUw914s7QZmYqxRJr8N1zUo_7WGs82mQtTgAM-JKLWSmq7lqSW55cZY27ghYlR8GbiMzn-VsUq6AM-JKLUPfT_q77vrKjkO3BphagjPyXvSyXvpXjGY

I really like this ~

AM-JKLWwNajswrVD6O8HgnwrOJA7Wszu3mbuJfl6

Dawwww. That is kinda cute.

AM-JKLUZlvwmAh0V644_d2ZCVhTHOkSWxHkJo9Jh

I wonder which Pokemon they intended this to be. My first thought is either Rayquaza or one of the Latis, but it could easily be a non-Legendary.

AM-JKLXtc4bghKMMLMU9ygnZY3iwN5R150I1nd41AM-JKLWbG1U4ge4P2QGBDSZFqtvyhPqpeVTVKc_x

The description of graffiti is an interesting detail. Are the names members, or trainers that these people are a fan of?

AM-JKLW7kOYlDZcPQIjviZYuJ61na31rJ6PBCgF_

Looks like we have a Brawley fangirl here.

AM-JKLWGgy0OOUpTGWNYVgAkbWxwyyUkBltQVqJP

...Oof, I guess only 5 badges isn't good enough they folks. I am just some fanless nobody it seems.

AM-JKLUgyMI-6VwM3Vwo89TkP-2f43onmtwOAS4BAM-JKLW92MOHsb0gsnmDPGSZFSO5ucEmY8UWcu4N

This place being tied to marriage is kinda adorable. It is getting close to my brother's wedding (it got delayed by the Pandemic for a while...), so it could just be me feeling sentimental.

AM-JKLW50PUAolhVUJ9pr7Y2-llykKKq0AY2SpCIAM-JKLXN-VMh6KwSDvKcCjCJlZMqvVCfPn4PO8-O

Perhaps I am over analyzing things, but this feels like an interesting angle on the ecological themes of the game. We need to keep the world vibrant, and full of life, as it will be here long after we are gone.

AM-JKLWQ6fEGzVAuZwlkDdx90e_wvBvDxOtbqDXJ

The grunts never learn do they.

AM-JKLX9U5BUBDdaA00R_OWF9AYnFlb3c4C-kSrW

Seems our rival is polite enough to not jump us here, but

AM-JKLX1z0WzWmmQkmZsmEbuQvGQdyp3qX9puh9d

he is blocking off our access to the department store. I might want to get in there for the TMs (I think we still have access to it, as  I don't see mention of it in the documentation), but he isn't a push over, and his ace is above my current level cap, so it will be a tough battle if I try it...

AM-JKLUa1tgwD92-4fMFdPX4lzZOb9VvdlrUyPmR

There is also an art museum in this city, so lets play art critic.

AM-JKLUyD8EV9U3bzfakX9oyFI2nhKk3QoRKnTYW

hmm...You know I can't tell which grass pokemon that is supposed to be. According to Bulbapedia, the remakes made this a Roselia, and I simply don't see it; the Pokemon Adventure also had a picture that fits the description of these two in it, and it was an Oddish in that one, which looks more likely, but it doesn't look like the same painting. Meanwhile the other picture is clearly showing a woman with her pikachu...

AM-JKLXImK1Fu7_eEt99QL1EdiAy6ubQso3P-O1M

Awwww...what a sweet kid.

AM-JKLUz5QPAhvWyTIoRlb2Tqh3wXUESnnKi8juY

Its a little worrying to compare a child to a pokemon...

AM-JKLVfMn9pfFW_XI8pGdmvJ68OPnIx_jncrD0l

I find this description a bit interesting in that there is a lot of inconsistent things said in this franchise about how old Pokeballs are. Drayden says that pokeballs didn't exist in his childhood, and there is some outside sources that claim they were first made in 1925, but then again Kurt makes it Pokeballs made from Apricorns sound like an older process, and Pokemon Legends Arceus seem corroborate this with its own Apricorn balls...

AM-JKLVZmidn-JK3XJLMZrAoxR9UTFObAE_GyM9i

I kinda looks like a bird carrying what looks like a deer creature, next to a tower that has a watch flame. It makes me think of the Legends from Johto, perhaps one of the Legendary Dogs being carried off as what became the Burnt Tower burned.

AM-JKLVtaPJHLveuBhVJeU0bQlTsezlk2csPoDzy

Although this might be hinting at this being based on the idea of a future legendary, which the remake leans into by having this more clearly be Arceus, and even this version looks a tiny bit like Arceus

AM-JKLXMlgB9kU0sl-986scYObLsO8bcmTFxtBjN

This description immediately made me think of the Distortion World of Pokemon Platinum, and it seems the remakes agree with me, showing Giratina in that version of this picture.

AM-JKLWulRr6JIxdOaziyrDmJdDesHadHofGcsMz

AM-JKLWEiLS5mVPz6rDgqCNmmU3bqEYa4u2vS2j4

Its hard to call it an exhibit when there is nothing here.

AM-JKLVn060DXmjIFaFjCr4zGe9Re1rymPmXwePlAM-JKLVZEZRIw4uIEhokCywjU-bZ5MCvaIUEQxYC

Apparently life like images are seen as modern art in this universe.

AM-JKLW2Osm_AWwVZ8Y2xKKMSSmRSWpcyMm9Gn3ZAM-JKLUPngzdxqWUT5FW5j4IfV9uy9gGjVeThEKj

~

AM-JKLV0U-2xGboQyRhB7KIB0WjOk0Cvu423FbO6

This will be a boon to @lightcosmo at least, as he needs to switch Cut for Strength.

AM-JKLV0ywJ5-N_FVORu-ZH3Nxz5Ket9BE-8pBx_

Such an anti-capitalist sentiment for pokemon to have.

AM-JKLVgTdn9UQL0FQKOVwkTu4WatnsErkZSvP84

Heh, loot... Seems these grunts are getting a little to into their pirate cosplay outfits.

AM-JKLXUKp7LNludPOsieOeoA2mUtVwHnBJ3jJXX

Why would talking to yourself make anything you are saying better.

AM-JKLX3BP9tJ6tMn6SBkMOuJfWRUPcO-OqGO1VlAM-JKLV2YIbJWbuFMMX3W3t5Q0Ph6S7KeB6-qoFhAM-JKLXMFl_iToUXEF96UVLYR7hLT1L2NYL3piENAM-JKLV898NQmG0qbyllOpADyxpJh-IqqsHcIo-6AM-JKLUxVcjXiXZvt12cHbkQ7FVApOZkoJaeEa5r

The hypocrisy of Team Aqua laid bare. Alright, I should head over to that co-

AM-JKLV-rmp886XhszHgW76Ih3IdPl53EmZ21vb9

I have already talked about what was done to the fishing encounters, but I guess I didn't mention what was done to a lot of the surfing encounters. All the surfing encounters for locations that were not water routes, are either of the Wingull line, or Sirskit line (depending on if they are on the ocean, or land locked). Usually I have been repelling through those to avoid dealing with figuring out which locations are valid encounters, but I forgot here, and it clearly is.

AM-JKLWwadDExc0znQAd72hptRw6uU7hX3DeWnCh

Oops, I missed the image of me nicknaming it, but @Seazas has very recently been posting in Tee Hee, so he gets a pokemon named after him.

AM-JKLWis1LpYOfS8QI7l1T-MzW7zw_b30tzVEE6AM-JKLXy41Y3eG0ZrVSqZuKxQIUCWfYxNZp7n_ZNAM-JKLXh1CRy_URKdQ7fJYxMYHvC19UxR3f-q3bw

I was going to praise this grunt as being smarter than the rest of these bozos, but

AM-JKLV6M0zphTlFeMiylS2GpP6y2LKXH-hVe6MzAM-JKLUpkNDl97_OCG3--DQ1o4iax7hMIrSyDq6DAM-JKLU-BajMVtB_BN6iDJKUMySmCL_cqAuQoG_5

his partner ruined the effect. Pokemon revealing when two heads are not better than one.

Well that was a lot of wandering around all so I can

AM-JKLXIAXFHgPiBG-a1QU4726sjO2E8mdEa2ZVJ

Get my Safari encounter

AM-JKLWdYCnB3JMwNzW3o2A9ArPxzXfOdmnF7oqj

I was hoping for Flareon, but Gligar is an interesting option (too bad this is before he got an evolution)

AM-JKLXy2zlSoAfmCGxMgImgNJdyq935ipwT7DjQ

I glad he stuck around for the 6 balls it took to catch him. Safari Zone encounters are always so luck based...

AM-JKLUSWIL637CvdLbUPv1cNP9UjeXhzofZrbcw

I promised I would name another pokemon after @Shadow Mir, and here he comes.

While I am in the area, I am going to see if I can grab the Mt. Pyre encounters before triggering too much of a gang fight

AM-JKLWg1sSu5XQ5fABq2TIRcw8WtvW6AglW_4gV

Now this is a bit of a lucky find, as it gives me the option of a checkmate victory against Tate and Liza. While I am bringing back dead names, might as well name this one af-

AM-JKLVd3fZCMhc5idJ0WcUd0ECGtMWkOjR_bxDe

Oops, I kinda misclicked there. Don't worry @FlyingKitsune, I will fix that nickname...after the Winona fight. It will just be easier to do after I can use fly outside of battle, and she is over the level-cap on capture, so I can't use her until after the Winona fight anyway.

AM-JKLU2_7X7gnb3lO5tWQq3gcMVJheOvd_Argjk

In truth this is the Mt. Pyre (internal) encounter, as the last one was actually route 123, and we get

AM-JKLVawNDsKPSPPIRv43A6dEYLHuxrmWleQjQE

@Etrurian emperor, who talked a little bit on this thread a while ago.

AM-JKLXjIeS2t1MXHLt-VrJ7K2tmGc4T9ZCXvs0GAM-JKLXaAoZm5zrY3pA5eOeKv21PRDbHJROTPD4t
In retrospect, it might have been better to get my renamed dead from Mt. Pyre instead of before, but oh well.

I am tempted to put a reminder of our dead, but I think I will come back here after this run meets whatever end it will for that.

AM-JKLVoVNurVuDEjFJb10gT9DrjPOtUfMTMQx0v

One last encounter from the exterior of Mt. Pyre.

AM-JKLUWZyfjuG8Ou1R97JDqN5E-PVciRlzwhuXO

@Jingle Jangle. I must admit I have been digging through the thread for people that have posted here, but I am having a hard time finding them (I have gone back about 500 pages looking for the faces of folks not already named), so I might start grabbing names from other parts of Serenes Forest soon.

There is one last encounter I could grab, but I think that is enough for now. There are one of two possibilities for next update, it will either be the Lilycove Brendon fight, or I will do the pre-Winona grind, depending on whether or not I want Blizzard and Thunder for that fight or not...

Gonzales is in FEH at last.

gonzales_gentle_bandit_slide01.png

Praise Ippei.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Next Smash will give us humanoid pig/moblin Ganon as playable, wielding his trident, just watch.

I want that.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLUZlvwmAh0V644_d2ZCVhTHOkSWxHkJo9Jh

I wonder which Pokemon they intended this to be. My first thought is either Rayquaza or one of the Latis, but it could easily be a non-Legendary.

Drake passing over, yet again the Elite 4 doing nothing.

AM-JKLXImK1Fu7_eEt99QL1EdiAy6ubQso3P-O1M

Awwww...what a sweet kid.

AM-JKLUz5QPAhvWyTIoRlb2Tqh3wXUESnnKi8juY

Its a little worrying to compare a child to a pokemon...

This is probably the least bad case, because the amount of times people find animals adorable despite their non-humanness is pretty dang high.

AM-JKLV-rmp886XhszHgW76Ih3IdPl53EmZ21vb9

I have already talked about what was done to the fishing encounters, but I guess I didn't mention what was done to a lot of the surfing encounters. All the surfing encounters for locations that were not water routes, are either of the Wingull line, or Sirskit line (depending on if they are on the ocean, or land locked). Usually I have been repelling through those to avoid dealing with figuring out which locations are valid encounters, but I forgot here, and it clearly is.

Honestly, WIngull Good.

Was a critical member of a run of Ruby, made it to the end.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh shit it's @Saint Rubenio's birthday. Happy birthday man! Here's to another year of disagreeing on video games.

Ha, you were late, Armagon. It was already the 17th when you posted this.

Nah but thanks.

Did not expect you to have played Splatoon.

Well, the Wii U had better online than the Switch and it was free. It's really not that surprising. After all, shitty, straight up unplayable paid online is the only reason I don't play Splatoon 2.

What is surprising is that I had so much playtime. It was awkward for me to play Splatoon, since I needed the TV and that meant fighting with my dad.

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

lwgHjL5.png

4x2QS0z.png

25sWnpO.png

4LGNoKv.png

Wombo combo

Honestly now i just want a Vantage Scroll to replace Wrath. (game uses a Tellius like Skill system so i will have to remove Wrath for capacity if i ever get Vantage)

I just like that she's a coronela.

9 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

FLGggeKUUAUrFNy?format=png&name=900x900

Hoooooooooooooooo

That's big. Shouldn't that also speed up VS2 loc?

Interesting. Really interesting. Automatic machine translation, I imagine. Should save the headache of having to use external programs.

I don't know how much it will affect VS2, though. I doubt they'd switch to merely-tolerable bot translation halfway through the professional localization.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Did Okabe just casually let information about the time machine slip to two people he absolutely does not want to know, including a known Rounder who he knows will capture and/or kill anyone with that information? I think he’s slowly regressing to Kyouma.

At this point he's just making all the mistakes he made in S;G lol.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

wyEC5GU.jpg

Clearly, the best art in all of video games.

Moeka best.

I mean, after Okarin. Look at him, he's majestic. He looks 20 years older than either of them.

42 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Praise Ippei.

We need him in a mainline FE.

54 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Honestly, WIngull Good.

Was a critical member of a run of Ruby, made it to the end.

I think where they placed Wingull in the game is highlighting that the Wingull line is mediocre in a vacuum. Wingull has a solid matchup versus Roxanne (should be able to remove the geodude's safely), a good matchup versus Brawley, can tank Flannery alright (and tanking Flannery neuters her team), and gets Protect early enough to cheese a Slaking on Norman, but in this hack you can only get one after those fights, and the pokemon's matchup against later opponents is fairly neutral. Looking at its base stats, they are rather mediocre, and in the range of many of the pokemon included in this hack, and a movepool that is fairly mediocre beyond what you would expect from a water and flying type (although Protect is a nice bonus to it). If you got Wingull early enough for those fights, it would be great, but at this point, its kind meh.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
Forgot you caqn get Wingull before Roxanne