Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you couldn’t mean… the boss isn’t… is he? You did mention getting to beat him up at the end of CS2…

You'll see.

It's a pretty hype battle, and honestly, i would put it in my top 5 Trails battles.

I was ready to forgive CS2 for everything after this.

The shitty characters, the bad gameplay, the aweful plot, the worst pacing in existence until CS3/4, the dicksucking, the "This is not even my final form" bullshit in the final dungeon, etc.

Everything.

Then the Epilogue happened and doubled down on everything i hated and i started hating Trails

You could say CS2 Epilogue is my Trails Villain Origin Story

Edited by Shrimpolaris

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Spoiler

Wait, what? KeA is with Arios? The same Arios that betrayed everyone to seriously hurt Crossbell and covered up Lloyd’s brother’s death? Why?? Lloyd, are you dumb? You’re supposed to be smart…

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

the aweful plot

Really? Nothing that’s happened seems all they bad to me.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

the "This is not even my final form" bullshit in the final dungeon, etc.

What, like with McBurn? What’s the problem with that?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, what?

Enemy of my Enemy is my friend

Also

Lloyd is the dumbest detective alive, CS made that clear 😛

Really? Nothing that’s happened seems all they bad to me

Everything was bad to me. Especially the so called "War" that had less casualities than freaking Fates.

It wasn't a War, it was an overglorified School trip

Also everyone following Rean no questions

And don't let me start on "bringing back a terrorist to a fucking military academy". I detest that shit with passion

What, like with McBurn? What’s the problem with that?

Not just McBurn, everyone went "I have been not defeated yet" and then someone saves us. I don't mind that early in the game, but not in the freaking final dungeon that's suppossed to conclude the damn game

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Since we speakin Lloyd

Some highlights from when i went on meltdown mode 

iTSlWqm.png

Drhzgql.png

LaEq3Pf.png

....Is it a good thing i can look back at this and laugh now instead of going 

pcCNnLI.png

like i used to back then?

Truely Kiseki peak comedy

Edited by Shrimpolaris

21 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Not just McBurn, everyone went "I have been not defeated yet" and then someone saves us. I don't mind that early in the game, but not in the freaking final dungeon that's suppossed to conclude the damn game

I dunno, I liked how all the side characters showed up to help at the end and how we ended everyone’s help to get to the very end, since all of these characters are supposed to be way more powerful than Rean and company.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I dunno, I liked how all the side characters showed up to help at the end and how we ended everyone’s help to get to the very end, since all of these characters are supposed to be way more powerful than Rean and company.

Solution: Make some of them join the Party and let us defeat the guys. Sky & Crossbell did it like that and it worked.

Especially when the battles are super easy my party being tired after that and "needing help" when i finished the battle in 3 minutes always made me super fucking annoyed. It created dissonance.

If the battles were actually hard and 20+minutes long, i could've forgiven that.

But with how it is i prefer Fates writing over this shit

And this is one of my lesser complaints, honestly. I hate this game, and i hate this Saga

Edited by Shrimpolaris

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Solution: Make some of them join the Party and let us defeat the guys. Sky & Crossbell did it like that and it worked.

In Sky and Crossbell you defeat the super powerful peeeps at the end of those journeys though. Cold Steel isn’t even halfway over.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

In Sky and Crossbell you defeat the super powerful peeeps at the end of those journeys though. Cold Steel isn’t even halfway over.

Cold Steel 3 comes with a new cast (aside from Mr. gettinghisdicksucked)

Cold Steel 2 was suppossed to be an end. And even if you compared CS2 with FC & Zero there was also defeat the guys at the end. Final bosses with a bit of help, sure, but everyone else we defeat (and in Sky our Party does the final strike unless you royaly fucked up).

Not that CS3/4 is any better in that regard lmao

Edited by Shrimpolaris

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Cold Steel 2 was suppossed to be an end. And even if you compared CS2 with FC & Zero there was also defeat the guys at the end.

At the end of FC and Zero you’re not fighting enforcers of Ouroboros though. You’re also playing as professional bracers and police, as opposed to just students.

rgfJPyO.png

Remember when Helms had their own HP and battles didn't just stop or they spammed S-crafts 24/7 because "you aren't suppossed to win"?

At the end of FC and Zero you’re not fighting enforcers of Ouroboros though

idgaf.

In the final dungeon we're suppossed to see the fruits of the labor, how the party grew, and satisfying battles. It ain't suppossed to be "We will win the battle but lose in the cutscene". The final dungeon is not the place for this

you’re also playing as professional bracers and police, as opposed to just students.

Idgaf^2

Especially since i hated the whole school setting anyway.

Falcom made us play as students, find a way to make it satisfying and not just 200+hours of nothing.

Falcom even throws salt at the wounds at the very end and admits as much lmao.

Bastards

Edited by Shrimpolaris

And the lack of satisfaction applies to all CS games, not just CS2

CS1 had the final dungeon for a fucking festivel - why should i care?

CS2 we already spoke about

CS3 tried to pull a plot twist and "people died" again when everyone knew that wasn't gonna happen lol

CS4 HAHAHAHAHAHA

CS5 Fuck you Falcom

To compare

Sky FC - stopping a coup

SC - stopping a terrorist organization and avoiding a war

3rd - Esecaping and returning to their lives

Zero - against a religious cult

Ao - Stoping a dictator supported by a terrorist organization. And saving their little kid.

Why the fuck should i care about some school with non satisfying conclusions or whatever after that? Not my fault they couldn't make any ending satisfying.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So they went from FE-like to TH-like...?

to TH, but written like Fates. Imagine if TH had only one route and there everyone (including leaders) follow Byleth no questions asked and no one ever died in the war except 1 unnamed guy or something

And only Byleth supports available, nothing else

Edited by Shrimpolaris